• Clasie
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Wanyama
    • Mané
    • Ward-Prowse

Anyone not comfortable with the "always the victims...." Song, unpleasant with an obvious reference. Don't think we need to stoop that low.

Nope, the whole point of the song is that there's basically only one occasion that they actually were, as opposed to the numerous times they just positioned themselves like that.

The game changed with the introduction of Wanyama. I am by far his biggest fan but these are the type of games he is made for. Against teams with flair players but no balls whatsoever (Coutinho, Allen, lallana) we need him to go in and get stuck into them and that's exactly what he did. He had the same impact against Arsenal when we won 4-0 up against Ozil. There is a level of physical intimidation that some of these big club players just can't handle. Even when JWP started getting among them they didn't like it.

The first half was awful from everybody, although Lovren clearly should have gone for that penalty on Long that wasn't given at 0-0.

A terrible day for some of our old boys. Mane ran Clyne ragged, Lovren had to be taken off at half time because he couldn't cope with Long and lallana had some nice touches without actually doing anything. Again. Liverpool just didn't have enough bottle in the team to deal with the pressure in the second half and they crumbled as a result

What a great win

there was one instance where the ball was coming to him in the air to his right back position, he was marking someone and appeared to turn his back on it....just really odd

I think him being decent for us is him giving 10/10....when players can't produce that time after time.

I feel that we may need another RB to start if cedric gets routinely dropped for Martina.....not that it will happen I doubt

Cedric's contract is doing the rounds on twitter, it looks pretty genuine, right down to each paged being initialed. The next game he plays for us will invoke a 250,000 euro payment . We have no idea if that is the reason he is not being played ( I would hope not and that the finances are better than that) but he also sarcastically clapped Koeman at Bournemouth when he bought Yoshida on and stopped playing three at the back.

Why what did Lovren do?

I think they meant when he left Saints to join Liverpool, as opposed to anything that happened on Sunday. If you meant then, apologies - and you'll have to ask his old hair stylist about it.

Cedric's contract is doing the rounds on twitter, it looks pretty genuine, right down to each paged being initialed. The next game he plays for us will invoke a 250,000 euro payment . We have no idea if that is the reason he is not being played ( I would hope not and that the finances are better than that) but he also sarcastically clapped Koeman at Bournemouth when he bought Yoshida on and stopped playing three at the back.

fair enough. could be other issues at play here

I thought Long had cut across Lovren to some extent. I think Long took the wrong option, especially as Pelle was open to the right (I think).

He should have passed it across to Pelle about 30 yards before the collision with Lovren, totally wrong decision-making all the way - on the bright side at least he didn't overrun it, which he often does when dribbling.

To be fair Cedric was completely hung out to dry against Bournemouth, who played Daniels and Gradel up against him and we let them get to the edge of the box without challenge repeatedly. Though he didn't get any support from the midfield even after the substitution which barely improved things.

Edited by The9

That's the spirit! If we defend as well as we know we can and have Pelle, Mane, Austin, Long AND Jay Rod scoring goals, why not!? I just hope we get to play Man City while there playing as **** poor as they are now, they always seem to turn up against us especially when they're at home.

We should cheer them on against PSG, because if they win that tie their semi-final matches would be just before and after their visit to SMS. Good chance they would prioritize those matches versus the one against us.

It was a great final 20 minutes at the match, after the first goal i knew we would win, you could feel it in the stadium

Disagree. I thought after our first the noise levels would have gone up as we tried to encourage them to equalise but it felt flat still.

So have I, but have also watched in those years fans of other clubs celebrating the winning of silverware. Many being small clubs and even one playing in the 4th division. Finishing 7th 8th or 9th may be a credit but it is nothing that can be painted on a honours board.

No idea what you're on about now.

Jimmy Liddel's commentaries are possibly the funniest thing on the World Wide Web.

They do make me genuinely laugh out loud, usually when he says "he's a miiiiiile off side" for every single opposition goal. Gets me every time.

Anyone see Matchday Uncovered and at half time as Vic walks out the changing rooms in his kit it seems like Origi and Sturridge look at each other as if to say 'oh sh!t here he comes', might've even been able to hear them mention 'beast' LOL. When he is on song I do absolutely love watching Vic.

Is there a link to this, if it is doing the rounds on Twitter? Would be interested to look at it.

That was the worst game I have ever seen Steven Davis play even in the second half he was poor

This was my initial reaction during the game, and you are right to a degree that he was poor in many respects (giving the ball away that lead to Benteke's chance, and many misplaced passes). But, having now watched several highlights, in his defence he

(1) put in the corner that VvD should have buried in the first half

(2) ensured that Liverpool's 3rd goal was disallowed by getting off the line smartly to catch Origi (?) offside

(3) put the ball through to Pelle that resulted in the pen that Mane missed

(4) his tenacity set up the first goal, winning the ball back from Liverpool and allowing Pelle to pass to Mane

(5) his smart first time pass enabled Long to set up Pelle for our second

He hasn't been quite the same since he was injured, but even when he is having a pretty poor game he is still influential. Without his inputs yesterday I suspect we would not have got back in the game, while Mane and Pelle (and Wanyama) will justifiably and rightly take the credit for the outcome yesterday.

Special mention to JWP as well, often criticised, but he created the 3rd goal.

Talk about a game of two halves. We were jittery and careless (or 'shloppy' as RK would say) in the first half, committing players forward and being caught on the break time and again.

Spot on substitutions, especially Wanyama. I'm no fan, but he was the difference second half. Played like Iron Man. Definitely MotM.

The Chapel was rocking second half, although I hope I aren't sat next to Misery Man again. Moaned about everything, literally everyone and everything.

Totally emosh when the winner went in. Lost my voice and have an interview tomorrow. Hope the interviewer is a Saints fan. Doubt she is though.

Surely this would have been budgeted for when we signed him as he was our only first team RB? Maybe we're Waiting til the end of the tax year?!

We signed him on a four year contract but we'really not going to play him again now he has been here seven whole months and played 20 odd games.

Bullsh it on a "Arsenal own Schneiderlin's contract and they always have" Internet f uckwittery standard.

I'm struggling. In the kings land by the touch line.. It was the most blatant pen and sending off all season. If it had happened in the 80th minute it would have been given no question. Dreadful dreadful refereeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think it was a penalty. Long pushed the ball one way and moved the other to initiate contact. He's done it a couple of times before and it's not a penalty in my book. One of the few things the ref got right.

I didn't think it was a penalty. Long pushed the ball one way and moved the other to initiate contact. He's done it a couple of times before and it's not a penalty in my book. One of the few things the ref got right.

My take is it was a stonewall regardless of the ball it was a two handed push in Long's back from Lovern. Long moving in front of Lovern, to protect the ball, is to my mind no different from a defender getting in the way to see a ball out of play.

At the time I thought Lovern should have a red card as tye last man but on the replays another Liverpool defender is covering so for me stonewall pen but no red card.

The other point is if the Ref thought Long was looking for the pen shouldn't he have booked Long for diving?

My take is it was a stonewall regardless of the ball it was a two handed push in Long's back from Lovern. Long moving in front of Lovern, to protect the ball, is to my mind no different from a defender getting in the way to see a ball out of play.

At the time I thought Lovern should have a red card as tye last man but on the replays another Liverpool defender is covering so for me stonewall pen but no red card.

The other point is if the Ref thought Long was looking for the pen shouldn't he have booked Long for diving?

It's not always black or white. The booking would have to be for 'simulation', not for cutting across a defender and tripping over his legs.

We signed him on a four year contract but we'really not going to play him again now he has been here seven whole months and played 20 odd games.

Bullsh it on a "Arsenal own Schneiderlin's contract and they always have" Internet f uckwittery standard.

No idea what on earth you are talking about.

Disagree. I thought after our first the noise levels would have gone up as we tried to encourage them to equalise but it felt flat still.

Just for once I actually agree with you, I thought the atmosphere was terrible on Sunday until 2-2.

Just for once I actually agree with you, I thought the atmosphere was terrible on Sunday until 2-2.

It's the old 'rule of three effect'. Our first goal got everybody warmed up a little and then Pelle's thumping equaliser got and even bigger roar and or third had everybody out of their seats and giving it to Liverpool big time.

I have sent it via PM.

Thanks Gemmel. As I said in my reply I don't think his next appearance would trigger a payment, he has already made 21 starts in the Premier League, the only competition that counts for the purposes of the additional payments, no more payments until he gets to 30, which will be next season now (at least).

Agreed, totally irrelevant if Long moves one way then another, it was still a 2-handed push by Lovren. Not a red card though.