• Clasie
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Wanyama
    • Mané
    • Ward-Prowse

Shades of the MK Dons game, but much sweeter due to the opposition. Think I left my voice back in the stadium!

All the fans streaming for the exits on 88 minutes, shame on you bunch of ungrateful bastards.

Really dont understand how anyone could leave the ground early after a game like that!

underlines why we cannot afford to keep selling our best players.The 2 players most likely to be sold changed the game.

Liverpool have 2 world class players, Coutinho and Sturridge. Without those 2 they are just a mid table team.turridge whilst injury prone comes alive in the penalty box. I just knew he was going to score when the ball came to him in the box.

VVD Mane and Wanyama superb.

Why are our players so nice? They just let Lallana and Coutinho wonder around casually with the ball, as soon as Victor started biting in a bit and JWP also they (especially the Weasel) faded out of the game

Interesting that we have entered an Intl break in good form on most occassions this season and then really struggled in the next couple of games.

Hopefully not this time and probably little Koeman can do about it, but its a momentum killer.

Yeah that always seems to be the way. And considering our first game back from the break is away at the league leaders, it doesn't bode well. We'll have to be at the very top of our game to get something from that, given the way they have been playing lately.

Yeah that always seems to be the way. And considering our first game back from the break is away at the league leaders, it doesn't bode well. We'll have to be at the very top of our game to get something from that, given the way they have been playing lately.

You say that, but they have been grinding things out in recent games rather then blowing sides away. I fancy our chances...... Although the King Power doesn't tend to be that happy a hunting ground.

Really dont understand how anyone could leave the ground early after a game like that!

The people who sit around me went to leave when they scored their 'third', kind of wish they did as they always leave on 80/85mins and would have served them right for all those times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

underlines why we cannot afford to keep selling our best players.The 2 players most likely to be sold changed the game.

Liverpool have 2 world class players, Coutinho and Sturridge. Without those 2 they are just a mid table team.turridge whilst injury prone comes alive in the penalty box. I just knew he was going to score when the ball came to him in the box.

VVD Mane and Wanyama superb.

Why are our players so nice? They just let Lallana and Coutinho wonder around casually with the ball, as soon as Victor started biting in a bit and JWP also they (especially the Weasel) faded out of the game

The club still "eroding away" then?

I thought you'd find a way to not celebrate such a fantastic result. Seriously, well done.

This was just bloody brilliant, pretty bad first half but second half was immense with a great Virgil and Wanyama and good goals.

Clasie and Davis had a absolute terrible match btw, pretty shocking to see from normally solid players.

Davis was good.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

We are right back in the top four mix now!!!

That's the spirit. I think we are in a mini league between 6th and 10th, and if we end up 6th that's a great season all things considered. Personally, I think we are on for seventh, eighth or ninth.

Just back from the game. Definitely a strange one. First half was poor including the ref somehow deciding not to give long that penalty. Just didn't seem to want to get to them and instead let them have time and space when they got the ball. Clasie was exceptionally bad today and it was no surprise that Vic who looked back to his best came on.

Still not sure i see the logic of giving Mane the penalty to take. I really miss the Le Tiss/Lambert days when you actually felt confident we'd score a penalty.

Great to see Mane eventually get back to the penetrating goal threat he was before this dry spell. Really disagree with those who have been questioning his effort, i've always felt the effort was there but he looked bare of any confidence. Hopefully he'll tear Leicester apart next week now.

Glad they had Benteke rather than say Firmino today. A good player would have ended the game with the gilt edged chance he had.

MOM tied between Mane and Wanyama. I don't think Mane would have had opportunity to turn the game without Wanyama coming on and dominating the midfield.

loved that. Liverpool much better in the first half and the second half we were much better. We were so sloppy in the first half and couldn't really strung two passes together. When mane and Vic came on it changed everything, we took control of the midfield and we had the pace against them. Went proper mental with the 3rd goal and loved seeing Ron going going mental. I sit behind the dugout and loved seeing the Liverpool bench look dejected. Proper "I was there" game.

Davis was good.

No he wasn't. He had one of his worst games of the season. Really hasn't looked the same since his injury. He still worked his socks off and was involved for the 2nd but his passing was woeful (and that comes from someone who is normally a supporter). Still he wasn't alone. Tadic was a complete waste of space, the only good thing he did was to bend the lineo's ear when Liverpool scored their 3rd and made him change his mind. Forster was absolutely awful as well, especially the first goal, Forster of old, thought he had gotten that sort of stuff out of his system after his return. Clasie was also awful today, shame because he has looked good lately, but he let Joe Allan have so much space in the first half, criminal.

On the positive side, Vic changed the game, he had one of his best games ever today, absolutely controlled the middle. Virgil was again brilliant. Mane also did great, but why oh why did anyone think it was a good idea letting him take the penalty, seriously he had to be about 11th choice of our players to take it, even Fraser would probably have been a better option. But he made up for it. Also a big shout for Pelle today for his second half performance, he again cut out the stupid flicks and his goal was sensational. Prowsey did some excellent stuff when he came on, aggresive which is unusual for him, but still looks cumbersome and too slow at other times. Romeu was also very good again, I love his surging runs at goal, but he was let down by Clasie in the first half. Martina was very average, did nothing wrong but offered very little and is still very suspect in defence. Jose was Jose, a rock and good captaincy, urging the players on. Great to see Ronald celebrating the 3rd, seems like he was concerned about his achilles and decided he better sit back down.

Great to get one over the bin dippers, ****ed off again with the number of them in our part of the ground though. Surely it is not beyond the wit of the ticket office to recognise a scouse accent :-)

If ever the was a time id be happy to see us lose..... its against liecester. The thought of Spurs winning the league.... Err no thanks

I'll always want us to win any game, but I'll admit to being less gutted than normal if we lose to Leicester.

Were you there? He worked hard, made few mistakes. Linked play as always

I thought the only player who was consistent throughout was vvd, it was one of the poorer games for Davis, he tried hard but his passing was a bit wayward.

:D

That's the most excited I've ever seen Ron.

0 goals in 20, then a penalty miss and 2 goals in 1.

Who'd a thunk it?

I think he did it just to take the p*** out of that prat Klopp who is a glory hunter always trying to draw attention to himself on the pitch. bet his players get p***ed off with his antics and histrionics.

No he wasn't. He had one of his worst games of the season. Really hasn't looked the same since his injury. He still worked his socks off and was involved for the 2nd but his passing was woeful (and that comes from someone who is normally a supporter). Still he wasn't alone. Tadic was a complete waste of space, the only good thing he did was to bend the lineo's ear when Liverpool scored their 3rd and made him change his mind. Forster was absolutely awful as well, especially the first goal, Forster of old, thought he had gotten that sort of stuff out of his system after his return. Clasie was also awful today, shame because he has looked good lately, but he let Joe Allan have so much space in the first half, criminal.

On the positive side, Vic changed the game, he had one of his best games ever today, absolutely controlled the middle. Virgil was again brilliant. Mane also did great, but why oh why did anyone think it was a good idea letting him take the penalty, seriously he had to be about 11th choice of our players to take it, even Fraser would probably have been a better option. But he made up for it. Also a big shout for Pelle today for his second half performance, he again cut out the stupid flicks and his goal was sensational. Prowsey did some excellent stuff when he came on, aggresive which is unusual for him, but still looks cumbersome and too slow at other times. Romeu was also very good again, I love his surging runs at goal, but he was let down by Clasie in the first half. Martina was very average, did nothing wrong but offered very little and is still very suspect in defence. Jose was Jose, a rock and good captaincy, urging the players on. Great to see Ronald celebrating the 3rd, seems like he was concerned about his achilles and decided he better sit back down.

Great to get one over the bin dippers, ****ed off again with the number of them in our part of the ground though. Surely it is not beyond the wit of the ticket office to recognise a scouse accent :-)

JWP seems to be first choice penalty-taker when he's on the field, but that's probably the case less than 50% of the time. Based on ability to strike the ball cleanly and likelihood to be on the pitch, I'd have thought VVD should be asked to put in extra practice as our regular penalty taker.

On the subject of Davis, his passing was rubbish today apart from a nice ball that won Pelle's penalty, but as you say, he wasn't alone in contributing to an abject first half performance in midfield.

Easy to say now, but don't think we were even THAT bad first half- we've certainly played a lot lot worse. We just completely fell for their counter attacking game. Fortunately for us they thought they could do that all game and the space they afforded us in their half eventually told. Mind you, it took three great finishes to secure the points.

Ron's reaction to the big comeback........

Crazy game

many positives, many negatives

we started well, we should have had a penalty at the start

we then found ourselves 1-0

we then made too many mistakes

we gave away a lot of space

we were lucky only to be 2-0 down

we had to show spirit and belief

great 2nd half

both substitutes had a huge impact

great game, great support

proud of the team, this is what football is all about

amazing comeback

the penalty miss was a key moment

but we kept the belief and spirit

all our goals were great goals

pelle scored an amazing goal

we controlled them in the 2nd half

victor was very strong in midfield

we never really had control in the 1st half

sadio added more pace

it worked fantastically

it has been difficult for sadio

it was a good reaction from him. he showed great belief. this is the sadio we want to see

important game from pelle. he was finding it hard in the 1st half. I asked him to give more and he did

victor brought more physical attributes to the team, he won the 2nd balls

it was not wise to celebrate like I did but I was emotional

winning this game was special and I am very proud

this was a must win game, this and stoke and we have won them both before the break

we prepare ourselves for leicester away

best birthday present I could ask for

Judging by the train on way down majority of Liverpool in our sections had Wiltshire / Somerset / Dorset / Devon / welsh accents glory seeking b*stardsj

Interesting I met a German guy going to the ground. He had a home ticket and was fairly neutral but with some Liverpool leanings (Borrusia Dortmund) and was wearing a half and half scarf.

When I saw him again after the game he said he'd been sent to the ticket office where they'd swapped his ticket for an away one.

Great decisive action by Koeman lately... Whilst our forwards have turned a corner I think that Koeman has turned a few himself and is getting the job done instead of accepting the status quo ....... I wonder if Pelle has improved because of the weather or some coaching ?

Davis was good.

I agree. For those that aren't fans just watch the effort he makes to track Chan and get a last gasp toe to the Lallana though ball, that would have been a certain goa. Then having stopped them going 3 up not long after his hassling and tackle led directly to our first goal. He's such a dependable player.

&a&&ana always seems to have a quiet game against us or am I just imagining it?

Not sure he was that quiet today. He caused problems and created a lot of space for others...but today so not the day to talk about those that left us...

I thought the only player who was consistent throughout was vvd, it was one of the poorer games for Davis, he tried hard but his passing was a bit wayward.

He breaks up play, cuts out passes and gets on the ball. Yes, not all his passes found their target but he's always trying the creative pass.

difficult to single out a player for not being good in the 1st half as we generally played shyte.

terrible in possession and allowed Allen to actually look like Xavi..

the 2nd half was miles better. excellent performance by most.

Clasie was not good. Tadic was woeful and not sold by Martina at all.

Pelle was very good in the 2nd half as was the others not mentioned.

great drama though

And from where I was stood, neither the linesman or the ref were going to give anything until one our defenders kicked off at the lino?

Utter joke of a ref, but that's another story.

Was Tadic. One of weirdest things. Ran over gesticulating and he eventually raised his flag as if he had convinced him.

Only worthwhile contribution,