New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

I would actually run round my office in the nude if that happens.

My first choice is Bielsa though......He is Guardiola and Pochettino's mentor.Would be amazing,and continuity,in a twisted kind of a way??

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

SAMPAOLI IN LINE FOR SEVILLA

Sevilla are likely to replace Unai Emery with former Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli, reports Marca.

Emery is expected to accept an offer from PSG which will bring his successful three-season stint at Sevilla to a close.

As such, Sevilla have been linked with several names in recent weeks, including Manuel Pellegrini, Rudi Garcia and Claude Puel.

However, Marca now says that Sampaoli is all set to take the job at Sevilla when Emery leaves.

http://granadacf.ideal.es/noticias/201606/09/entorno-jorge-sampaoli-aleja-20160609111931.html posted this on the other thread but this says he was on Argentinian radio saying he's keeping his options open and has many possibilities on the table

Is he actually any good as a manager?

Not sure PSG is a particularly tough gig?

I don't rate him, like Pelligrini, had the most expensive squad in the league but in this case probably double or treble or maybe even 4x the budget of any other team in the league..Meaning his squad were completely fresh for the champions league but still got knocked out by a fairly average Man City team.. Not the sort of coach we want IMO

Seems a bit odd for the Echo to randomly throw in a hitherto un-mentioned candidate at the end of an article about De Boer, doesn't it?

I thought that too.

A plant from the the club perhaps to gauge reaction? (oops, sorry, forgot the 'conspiracy theory klaxon' that time :) )

Possibly. How many of us would have picked Poch, back in the day? ZERO!

I don't rate him, like Pelligrini, had the most expensive squad in the league but in this case probably double or treble or maybe even 4x the budget of any other team in the league..Meaning his squad were completely fresh for the champions league but still got knocked out by a fairly average Man City team.. Not the sort of coach we want IMO

Honours

Manager

Bordeaux

Ligue 1 (1): 2008–09

Coupe de la Ligue (1): 2008–09

Trophée des Champions (2): 2008, 2009

Paris Saint-Germain

Ligue 1 (3): 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16

Coupe de France (2): 2014–15, 2015–16

Coupe de la Ligue (3): 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16

Trophée des Champions (3): 2013, 2014, 2015

Individual

2008 Ligue 1 Manager of the Year

2009 French Manager of the Year

2015 Ligue 1 Manager of the Year

This proves he's not the sort of manager Saints want.

:scared:

I see there's a connection between Pereira and AVB. How about the possibility of them rekindling their management partnership at Saints ...? #clutchingatstraws

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADtor_Pereira_(football_manager)

In the summer of 2010, Pereira left Santa Clara to become assistant manager to André Villas-Boas at Porto.On 21 June 2011, following the head coach's departure to Chelsea, he was promoted to first-team manager

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but when asked about favourites for the job, MLT on Talk****e this morning suggested that it was too early for favourites as the club wouldn't be at that stage yet but would be doing their due diligence before deciding who to talk to.

anyone who wouldn't be excited for us to get Pellegrini didn't see much of Malaga or Villareal back in the day. Great teams. (you get to watch a lot of random spanish soccer in the states) as far as i'm concerned, the things that hurt him at MCFC were 120k-per-week egos (no problem there) and fans with stupid expectations (we can hope.)

Lets have a read up on him then:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/quiet-man-porto-vitor-pereira-3810572

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/vtor-pereira-profile-find-out-1906179

“I like my teams to have total control, of the ball, of the game,” he said.

“I like to see my teams pressing very aggressively, very high up the pitch.

“The important thing is the balance between the attacking and defensive elements, but pressing high is the best way to defend. We have had the best defence in Portugal for the last two years.”

Pereira admits he has faced frustration at Porto, where he has had to sell some of the club’s stars, but has also had the opportunity to work with top talents like Joao Moutinho and Falcao.

“There are two parts to our job,” he said. “One is to find the young players before other clubs do.

“And then the other part is to help develop them. We look in countries where players tend to have creativity in their game, and then the coach’s job here is to teach them the tactics, the organisation, that you need to thrive in Europe. The players who move on take most of the credit, but for the coaches it is proof that we are doing our job.

“It is an honour for me to have worked with so many fantastic players. It is a point of pride to see them move on, to a better league, because it is a mark of my work.

“But the problem is that every year the best players are sold; we cannot build a team. Every year, we start again.”

If Pereira were asked to help Everton start again in the summer, the fluent English speaker would inherit at least one player he knows well.

Honours

Manager

Bordeaux

Ligue 1 (1): 2008–09

Coupe de la Ligue (1): 2008–09

Trophée des Champions (2): 2008, 2009

Paris Saint-Germain

Ligue 1 (3): 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16

Coupe de France (2): 2014–15, 2015–16

Coupe de la Ligue (3): 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16

Trophée des Champions (3): 2013, 2014, 2015

Individual

2008 Ligue 1 Manager of the Year

2009 French Manager of the Year

2015 Ligue 1 Manager of the Year

This proves he's not the sort of manager Saints want.

:scared:

Are we going to be going for titles?

Albers told the Daily Echo: “I’ve talked to Les Reed every three days over the last five weeks, we have a good relationship, but we have not discussed Frank de Boer at any moment.”

Seems odd. His client FdB is looking for a management job in the PL and he never once mentions FdB to Les and Les never enquires about him or mentions that they would / wouldn't be interested?

What is it with football and utter BS? If you can't tell the truth then say nothing.

He also manages Van Bronckhurst and Pelle.

http://www.playersunited.nl/players-united-management-coaches.php

Pereira on his philosophy...

“The important thing is the balance between the attacking and defensive elements, but pressing high is the best way to defend. We have had the best defence in Portugal for the last two years.”

“There are two parts to our job. One is to find the young players before other clubs do.

“And then the other part is to help develop them. We look in countries where players tend to have creativity in their game, and then the coach’s job here is to teach them the tactics, the organisation, that you need to thrive in Europe. The players who move on take most of the credit, but for the coaches it is proof that we are doing our job.

“It is an honour for me to have worked with so many fantastic players. It is a point of pride to see them move on, to a better league, because it is a mark of my work.

He's also a fluent English speaker.

I'm beginning to get the impression it will be somebody cheap that no other club wants. I really hope I'm wrong. Emery or De Boer are clearly the preferred candidates in our poll and would really lift our spirits. But, I guess Emery would be considered too expensive as he'd cost almost as much as Koeman. De Boer has said he wants to manage a Premier League club and we're the only vacancy, but this doesn't sound good:

Albers told the Daily Echo: “I’ve talked to Les Reed every three days over the last five weeks, we have a good relationship, but we have not discussed Frank de Boer at any moment.”

Let's hope a cheap option works, and it might well, but in initially it's going to seem a bit of an anti-climax.

“There are two parts to our job. One is to find the young players before other clubs do.

#PochEsque

Carlsberg don't do ideal candidates, but if they did...

Surprised this chap has seemingly been below the radar up to now.

New poll please mods! :)

Certainly ticks all the boxes. The teams he's managed in the past though have all been top dog or there about in their respective leagues...

I think the club will be looking at someone like Pochettino. It's obvious that the club was not happy with the lack of young players given an opportunity and I hope the next manager will be more prepared to do so.

I do like the sound of Pereira.

I'm beginning to get the impression it will be somebody cheap that no other club wants. I really hope I'm wrong. Emery or De Boer are clearly the preferred candidates in our poll and would really lift our spirits. But, I guess Emery would be considered too expensive as he'd cost almost as much as Koeman. De Boer has said he wants to manage a Premier League club and we're the only vacancy, but this doesn't sound good:

Let's hope a cheap option works, and it might well, but in initially it's going to seem a bit of an anti-climax.

Emery is being courted by mega rich PSG there is no scenario were we can compete there..

Only ever played as an amateur though. It doesnt matter to me but it matters to some players, especially those who are young, trying to break into international teams and are looking for that 1% or 2% extra they need. Would you rather sign for a guy who has 100 caps for Holland and played for Barcelona - or somebody who never made it?

Only ever played as an amateur though. It doesnt matter to me but it matters to some players, especially those who are young, trying to break into international teams and are looking for that 1% or 2% extra they need. Would you rather sign for a guy who has 100 caps for Holland and played for Barcelona - or somebody who never made it?

Hasn't done Mourinho much harm

Would you rather sign for Mourinho or Koeman?

If Klopp. Mourinho & Pep were options on the poll, do you think FDB would still be as popular among those forum members who have voted?

I'll take the club's scouting network over the perceived consensus view on here all day long

Didn't stop a load of our players signing on to play for Brendan Rodgers. I even remember Clyne positively drooling at the thought of one on one sessions with Brendan when he signed for Liverpool.

It's interesting that when you look on Oddschecker, they have Roberto Mancini at 33/1 as the most popular bet to date for our next manager.

Unless I've just missed it, I'd not really heard his name muted. Probably because he manages Inter and its unlikely, but strange that they've had more interest in that bet than any other.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/next-permanent-manager

It's interesting that when you look on Oddschecker, they have Roberto Mancini at 33/1 as the most popular bet to date for our next manager.

Unless I've just missed it, I'd not really heard his name muted. Probably because he manages Inter and its unlikely, but strange that they've had more interest in that bet than any other.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/next-permanent-manager

That's probably only calculated on bets through odds checker without going to the actual site.

?????

No, we're going for mediocrity. Splash the cash on Dyche, Howe, Rowett or Sherwood please board!

He's won titles in a very weak league as PSG dominance has shown since their investment (31 points above 2nd last season) and they've won it 4/5 years since the takeover..Narrowly and shockingly missing out to Montpellier in the first full season of investment.

Bordeaux title 2008-9 more impressive but the league was even weaker then and I just don't rate him and his mannerisms personally, don't think he'd be a good fit for us.