New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

It's interesting what you (me) forget:

Guan said this about Pellegrini:

As much as I would bask in the news of Emery, I thought De Boer was more likely. But Manuel Pellegrini, Christ. His outlay per premier league place must be insane. The new direction isn't just about the manager, it's a comprehensive plan resulting from a ground up study of the club, and where we aim to be.

He just doesn't fit. I don't understand it if it's true.

I'll put it on the record now, If Saints appoint Manuel Pellegrini it will be the biggest knee jerk move since we handed Redknapp the keys to St Marys just to make a point. A bad one. :facepalm:

I'll be happy to be wrong.

I love all this ITK stuff!

If Pereria actually happens I am goig to "love it" Kevin Keegan style at work as my mate is a massive Fenerbache fan and the worlds biggest glory supporter for English teams as well.

This year he supported Arsenal because of Ozil but now since Man City have signed Ilker Gundongan he has decided to support them instead as they will win more with Pep.

Not Tuchel. I doubt anyone would ever get who it is his name has not been mentioned atall and he's just one being considered club won't rush this appointment they are in no panic.

What I would love to know from that (I know his 3 posts are done) - is - would we not get him as he's an unknown? - Or because we would know him, but he's not been mentioned?

Please not Howe.

Surprised to hear AVB and RDB are way down the list behind Howe and Pelligrini, they seem much more natural fits than those two.

There's not going to be an appointment for at least a fortnight is there?

To flag up what K Billy has said on another thread, AVB and FdB aren't at the top end of Les Reed's list.

However, the following managers are...

Emery

Howe

Pellegrini

Mystery Manager (...?!)

Why do we still have two threads on the exact same topic even.

Poor modding IMO.

The mystery man is most intriguing now

Not been mentioned because he is relatively unknown here?

Not been mentioned because fans and press would assume him out of reach?

Not been mentioned because he may be considered not good enough?

Mere oversight?

You don't leave Dortmund (having only been there a short time and done ok) to join Southampton. Would be a thousand times more odd than Koeman's move.

Shortlist looks good but Emery will seemingly be struck off soon.

I'm pretty sure Tuchel said he wasn't interested 2 years ago when he was out of a job after leaving Mainz. I doubt his year at Dortmund has made him any more interested in mid-table Premier League jobs.

So shall we start a poll on the 'another' lol? I will start us off, Neil Warnock!!

I'll go for Roger Schmidt. Two fantastic seasons with Leverkusen and brought in some talent in Hernandez and Tah who looks very promising. Likes to press when out of possession (poch esque) and are very good on the counter attack surging players forward. I enjoyed the style of play in the few games I watched them in play in during the latter stages of the Europa league and bundesliga.