New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

De Boer's Agent: Saints not interested:

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14544812.Saints_not_interested_in_De_Boer__reveals_agent/?ref=twt

Mods: can we merge the two Manager threads?

I love the way the press switch tugs around to cram rate headlines.

Headline: be Boer not interested in Saints job!

Actual agent quote: me and Les ain't spoken about Frank.

Quality. Not saying he is or isn't coming, but that article is guff.

Would Laurent Blanc too ambitious for us? Has a great record in Ligue 1, even with Bordeaux and think he done well in Europe with them also?

Good shout. Advantage over some of the other overseas managers of having played in the Uk too of course. Not so sure we are quite big enough to get him though.

You've got a very valid point, still, I bit. Although I'm only on my first coffee ;)

True, but if they speak so often you would think it might have come up! Especially given how FdB has been hyping himself for every other PL job.

You mentioned this on the other thread? Are you going to duplicate all these "exciting" snippets that you come across?

They should just combine the threads and have one Manager thread for all of it.

Was just trying to help anyone who only saw one of the threads.

Apologies if you were offended, not intending to duplicate.

True, but if they speak so often you would think it might have come up! Especially given how FdB has been hyping himself for every other PL job.

And yet, this is the guy who supposedly told the BBC that FdB isn't interested in Saints?

My guess would be that we can't talk to anyone yet because Everton still haven't sorted things out with Ronald so technically he is still our manager, and if we talked to anyone else we'd possibly lose out on the 'compensation' we will get. Just a thought but it might explain it. FDB does sound like he'd be perfect from watching those earlier Ajax videos, particularly where it concerns bringing academy players through.

They should just combine the threads and have one Manager thread for all of it.

Was just trying to help anyone who only saw one of the threads.

Apologies if you were offended, not intending to duplicate.

Charlie I've not seen you so active for a long while. These Interesting Times really get your juices flowing don't they?

Charlie I've not seen you so active for a long while. These Interesting Times really get your juices flowing don't they?

When looking for a new Manager its quite interesting for everyone.

If people don't want links to the stories thats fine, I can just read myself. Thought people may find them of interest to read?

When looking for a new Manager its quite interesting for everyone.

If people don't want links to the stories thats fine, I can just read myself. Thought people may find them of interest to read?

Not a complaint precious, just an observation :)

Hadn't thought of that. Must say I do wonder if all of this shenanigans reveals that there is something personal going on between Ron and Frank. Seems Koeman was a bit miffed that his agent was pushing FDB for Everton and not him. And now he has the upper hand

De Boer's Agent: Saints not interested (yet):

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14544812.Saints_not_interested_in_De_Boer__reveals_agent/?ref=twt

Mods: can we merge the two Manager threads?

Ok so Ron's old agent has been speaking to Les a lot over the past few weeks but not about FDB. Could be just *****ing about how Ron has screwed them both over I suppose. Does he manage any other managers other than Koeman and FDB?

Ok so Ron's old agent has been speaking to Les a lot over the past few weeks but not about FDB. Could be just *****ing about how Ron has screwed them both over I suppose. Does he manage any other managers other than Koeman and FDB?

Answer my own question he also manages two other managers

John van den Brom of AZ

Aron winter who apparently coaches the Dutch under under 18s

So I guess they were just *****ing about Koeman ( or talking about Pelle as I see Albers is his agent to)

These managers that aren't interested' date=' is that genuinely not interested or Koeman-style not interested?[/quote']

Exactly. Everything we hear from itks, agents, coaches, friends, family, players and hangers on is all subjective and should be taken with a pinch of salt until such time as there is concrete news from clubs in official channels. We, as much as anyone else in this game, should be aware of that after the last few years of badge kissing, broken promises, contracts, strips and ins/outs.

So let us rejoice in the unknown and fill the board with views, news, gossips, discussion and thoughts. But let's not let ourselves get carried away or too emotional.

Peace out.

These managers that aren't interested' date=' is that genuinely not interested or Koeman-style not interested?[/quote']

Ha ha - yes he might have contributed his own new footy language saying... "is he doing a Koeman" every time a manager says they're going to see out their contract

Answer my own question he also manages two other managers

John van den Brom of AZ

Aron winter who apparently coaches the Dutch under under 18s

So I guess they were just *****ing about Koeman ( or talking about Pelle as I see Albers is his agent to)

True. Have amended. Would be odd not to have mentioned to his agent though if Reed speaks to him regularly.

Vitor Pereira mentioned also:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vítor_Pereira_(football_manager)

She we are not interested in him and him not in us? Worth putting a tenner on then! The bit that interested me in this article was where it said that Les had to learn through the press and Bill Kenwright that Ron had changed his mind and wanted to go to Everton. If true it makes him even more of a ***t for me.

@MirrorAnderson: Am being told Frank de Boer is not overly keen on Lazio. Lazio have asked him to go on their shortlist, but he wants a Premier League job...

@MirrorAnderson: Southampton is the obvious possibility for de Boer, but his camp insist that as of yet there has been no contact with Saints.

If i was FDB i would not want to follow RK footsteps at a club that arguably, objectively, has overacheived last few years. Little to gain lots to lose in terms of reputation. His Dutch and International profile would probably drop. He managed high profile Ajax so coming to Saints could only be a financial rather than a "project" reason. I personally don't see it but money talks i guess.

Much more likely someone left field talent spotted a la MP (GN and the Boscombe Athletic mgr?) or someone with EPL experience and perhaps a point to prove like AVB and DM seeing as highest end candidates like Mpelligrini are too pricey and UE is off to PSG.

Apologies for all the initials!

My personal view is that after a number of successful years we are probably due a fallow year or two, especially given the ongoing mega investment being made by the top 5+ Liverpool and chelsea. An experienced see it before manager is better for that i feel so someone like Moyes might be the wisest choice, but perhaps in a combo deal with Neville.

@MirrorAnderson: Am being told Frank de Boer is not overly keen on Lazio. Lazio have asked him to go on their shortlist, but he wants a Premier League job...

@MirrorAnderson: Southampton is the obvious possibility for de Boer, but his camp insist that as of yet there has been no contact with Saints.

Assume @MirrorAnderson has just been reading the same links that we all have :)

Albers told the Daily Echo: “I’ve talked to Les Reed every three days over the last five weeks, we have a good relationship, but we have not discussed Frank de Boer at any moment.”

Seems odd. His client FdB is looking for a management job in the PL and he never once mentions FdB to Les and Les never enquires about him or mentions that they would / wouldn't be interested?

What is it with football and utter BS? If you can't tell the truth then say nothing.

Edited by buctootim

Although it is unlikely to happen what would we all think if Ronald was to do an about turn and say he wants to stay?

I'd be open to that as long as he did a mea culpa and general grovel. Won't happen though

Na, he's had a little feel without having full blowm sex which in my book is still unforgivable.

To be fair, Koeman did get the come-on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAMPAOLI IN LINE FOR SEVILLA

Sevilla are likely to replace Unai Emery with former Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli, reports Marca.

Emery is expected to accept an offer from PSG which will bring his successful three-season stint at Sevilla to a close.

As such, Sevilla have been linked with several names in recent weeks, including Manuel Pellegrini, Rudi Garcia and Claude Puel.

However, Marca now says that Sampaoli is all set to take the job at Sevilla when Emery leaves.

SAMPAOLI IN LINE FOR SEVILLA

Sevilla are likely to replace Unai Emery with former Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli, reports Marca.

Emery is expected to accept an offer from PSG which will bring his successful three-season stint at Sevilla to a close.

As such, Sevilla have been linked with several names in recent weeks, including Manuel Pellegrini, Rudi Garcia and Claude Puel.

However, Marca now says that Sampaoli is all set to take the job at Sevilla when Emery leaves.

Laurent Blanc it is then. ☺

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I suggest adding Jorge Sampaoli..Who was "90% to join Granada" for a huge wage...Now reports that Seville want him and he's keeping his options open.

http://granadacf.ideal.es/noticias/201606/09/entorno-jorge-sampaoli-aleja-20160609111931.html

Translation- Jorge Sampaoli does not close doors to anyone, but this newspaper has learned through their environment, their chances of joining the Granada are far apart. Argentine coach remains focus of market turmoil for the many offers you have on the table. On Thursday, his henchman in Spain, Juanma Lillo, was met with Monchi, athletic director, who wanted to know his availability to play for Sevilla in the event that the departure of Unai Emery to the Paris Saint Germain is consumed. Sampaoli has no agreements with anyone for now does not give by closed their negotiations.

Since the proximity of the technician insists that the positions are far apart and that there has been face to face meetings from that meeting that occurred just over 20 days ago, which was not agreed to anything beyond an outlet contact, knowledge of the project and aspirations. Sampaoli attended yesterday his country radio show 'Passion rojinegra', Rosario. In it, he expressed his opinion about Granada and its possible move. "No, it's not real I had a meeting with the people who will manage the club and has not been consolidated at all the same in the coming hours may be given or not. but now there is nothing. you can not assume anything. I have nothing Formally completely. I have many possibilities on the table but maybe in a fortnight'm like, "she contributed.

This does not look much delay, but the dance coaches raises uncertainty and little can be taken for granted. Yes, no commitments signed anywhere. Have to wait.

Again, your opinion is undeniable apparently. Dyche might do as well or better, who is to say.

I like Dyche but think he's probably one of the only loyal/real people left in football like Nigel Adkins and he would stay with Burnley even if we did go for him.