New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Please not Howe.

Surprised to hear AVB and RDB are way down the list behind Howe and Pelligrini, they seem much more natural fits than those two.

There's not going to be an appointment for at least a fortnight is there?

Which gives us loads of time to randomly name every manager in the world in a desperate attempt to figure out the mystery guy.....

Incredible and terrible that Hodgson is at the top of that list.

How in hell is that justified? Or do the FA just think England are the bestest and should pay over £1m pa more than the current champions?

Please not Howe.

Surprised to hear AVB and RDB are way down the list behind Howe and Pelligrini, they seem much more natural fits than those two.

There's not going to be an appointment for at least a fortnight is there?

Yeah don't see either Howe or Pellegrini as good fits, Emery seems highly unlikely to be interested. Not going to get excited about some random mystery option.

Pretty bleak list.

Out of interest why are people so down on Eddie Howe?

Needs more experience at the top level. We're in Europe I don't want a guy who is still learning the PL trying to figure out European football at the same time. Plus you have to question Bournemouth's end of season form which was poor (was it just "on the beach stuff"?). didn't do particular well at Burnley but seems to be comfortable at Bournemouth. Just think we can do a bit better Howe hasn't really done much more than Adkins achieved so far and we decided Adkins wasn't good enough 4 seasons ago.

Out of interest why are people so down on Eddie Howe?

because he doesn't have a fancy foreign name/the media really holds back English managers and players alike

back in 2001 when Valencia finished 5th, they hired Rafa Benitez, the man who had promoted Tenerife from second tier football.

So what happened that season? Valencia won the La Liga title.

Don't get the not a fit thing, and he'd be my choice out of those mentioned. Stabilise things, attract players, attacking football. Think he deserves a chance with a premier league side that don't replace him while he's still in the job for another 6 months!

When I say not a fit, I'm more referring to what we usually seem to look for in managers in terms of their age etc. He'd be a bit of a left field appointment in that sense, but still - terrific manager.

Mine was based on a shortlist in Feb, K Billy has fresher info. :thumbup:

Cheers Guan. Do you have any further updates in terms of what's going on with Ronald first off....? And if we're still actively trying to acquire players?

Cheers Guan. Do you have any further updates in terms of what's going on with Ronald first off....? And if we're still actively trying to acquire players?

No idea. I'm on holiday for a week so the only way i'll hear anything is if K billy pops round and tells me in person (which is a possibility). But after next Saturday, I'll be back in the loop.

No idea. I'm on holiday for a week so the only way i'll hear anything is if K billy pops round and tells me in person (which is a possibility). But after next Saturday, I'll be back in the loop.

WTF?! BREAKING NEWS!!

Guan is Ronald! - K.Billy is Louis Van Gaal!?

Fair enough, will keep an eye out! Not sharing the same holiday destination as Koeman are you? ;)

Have a good one!