New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

because he doesn't have a fancy foreign name/the media really holds back English managers and players alike

back in 2001 when Valencia finished 5th, they hired Rafa Benitez, the man who had promoted Tenerife from second tier football.

So what happened that season? Valencia won the La Liga title.

Great story.

because he doesn't have a fancy foreign name/the media really holds back English managers and players alike

back in 2001 when Valencia finished 5th, they hired Rafa Benitez, the man who had promoted Tenerife from second tier football.

So what happened that season? Valencia won the La Liga title.

What about Edrique Howendez?

Out of interest why are people so down on Eddie Howe?

Didn't think he was particularly impressive tactically at times this season. Keeping a Bournemouth side up but finishing behind a Tony Pulis side isn't the sort of achievement that should put you on a shortlist for a team aiming for the top 6.

Lacks any european experience or status outside of england.

His failure at Burnley.

His pompey link.

What did he say, cannot find his posts.

See below:

Forget about AVB and RDB both are way down the shortlist.

Sorry meant Fdb. club don't want either and Moyes no chance. Unai, Howe, Pelligrini and another at top of list. Vitor also mentioned.

Not Tuchel. I doubt anyone would ever get who it is his name has not been mentioned atall and he's just one being considered club won't rush this appointment they are in no panic.

I'm pretty sure Tuchel said he wasn't interested 2 years ago when he was out of a job after leaving Mainz. I doubt his year at Dortmund has made him any more interested in mid-table Premier League jobs.

Tuchel was unavailable two years ago because he was on a years 'garden leave' after resigning from Mainz.

Not that he's going to leave Dortmund for us though.

Well some bad news is Phil Parkinson has just taken over as Bolton boss. Just to think our first season in league 1 he was going to be the guy to lead Charlton back to the big time assisted by Shelvey...

Yesterday's final two shortlist for Bolton job across all media including the BBC: Clotteril and Adkins.

Moral of the story: shortlist schmortlist.

Didn't think he was particularly impressive tactically at times this season. Keeping a Bournemouth side up but finishing behind a Tony Pulis side isn't the sort of achievement that should put you on a shortlist for a team aiming for the top 6.

Lacks any european experience or status outside of england.

His failure at Burnley.

His pompey link.

If we go for him then there's something seriously wrong with the board. I'd see a move for Howe as nothing more than a money saving gamble. He's got zero experience when it comes to European football and as you said, his failure at Burnley causes concern.

Basically Eddie Howe does not fit the job spec. as far as I'm concerned. No European experience, no experience at the higher end of the top flights of European domestic football, no track record across multiple clubs.

This is out best ever chance to appoint a genuine blue-chip manager. Don't throw it away Saints, don't throw it away.

id be quite happy if we went for Gary neville personally. Although i will be puttin on my tin hat and expect incoming.

What has he done to show he deserves the managerial position at a team that has just come 6th in the Premier League, qualified for the Europa League group stage and a £3m+ salary?

He talks a good game, but it would be a huge risk and one I very much doubt the club would consider making.

Basically Eddie Howe does not fit the job spec. as far as I'm concerned. No European experience, no experience at the higher end of the top flights of European domestic football, no track record across multiple clubs.

This is out best ever chance to appoint a genuine blue-chip manager. Don't throw it away Saints, don't throw it away.

If Les, Ralph and Ross conclude he's the best man for job after a meticulous process, who are we to argue?

We surely can't be thinking about the Bournemouth chap.He comes over as a nice sort of guy but we need more than someone with a TV face, we need someone with Euro experience ready to compete at the highest premiership level. For the first time in our history we are in the top bracket and we need a manager from the top bracket, I am still hoping for Frank de Boer.

If Les, Ralph and Ross conclude he's the best man for job after a meticulous process, who are we to argue?

I will happily argue it will be an effing terrible appointment. And you'll know occasionally I do like to argue.

I will happily argue it will be an effing terrible appointment. And you'll know occasionally I do like to argue.

The club has has made three / four good manager appointments on the trot, which is pretty exceptional. Appointing Howe would indicate Les now believes he / the club have got the magic touch and whoever they appoint will succeed.

Howe could come good, but would be huge gamble - and the higher you are up the tree the more you have to lose with gambles.

“We have a choice as a club. We didn't have to appoint Howe, we had that choice we could have gone for a higher grade manager. Maybe our objectives have changed. We were on course to be a *Champions League club, I believe, but, obviously, that has changed.

Ha. Just trust the process.....trust Uncle Les

Who ever it will be, it would have been planned. We scout people all over the world and everything is done on our terms.

This is a comfortable situation. We want champions league

Said it several times that I just don't see Howe joining us, but if he did I'd like to say that I like his style of football, I like how he presents himself and I like the job he has done. Would he have the respect of our big ego players and could he demand respect from players we want to bring in? I don't know and for me that is the only concern. I could not care less that he hasn't got European experience. There are loads of managers that do, but so what. It's six games. Doing well in the prem is how the next manager will be judged, not Thursday night football.