Ryan Bertrand

SO16_Saint

• 9 months later...
Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore

Always good speaking to @ryanbertrand3 - he just dismissed reports of bust-ups at #saintsfc between Puel & players, and of him being unhappy

Oh no ! , what are all the saps on here going to think about that, they wont like it as its one less stick to beat Puel and the club with.

Don`t fret though i`m sure they will move on to something else soon

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore

Always good speaking to @ryanbertrand3 - he just dismissed reports of bust-ups at #saintsfc between Puel & players, and of him being unhappy

TBF trousers he was unlikely to tell big Adam that he has Puel in a death grip every week at training....

Oh no ! , what are all the saps on here going to think about that, they wont like it as its one less stick to beat Puel and the club with.

Don`t fret though i`m sure they will move on to something else soon

I know for a fact (believe me or not, that's up to you) the last bit isn't true, so i'm going to assume the rest isn't that accurate either.

Let's be honest, all agendas aside, he's not going to come out and say "I hate Puel, we've had a number of bust ups and i'm leaving in the summer" is he. Imagine he didn't get a move for whatever reason. He'd have ****ed off his manager, employees and fans...

I know for a fact (believe me or not, that's up to you) the last bit isn't true, so i'm going to assume the rest isn't that accurate either.

Let's be honest, all agendas aside, he's not going to come out and say "I hate Puel, we've had a number of bust ups and i'm leaving in the summer" is he. Imagine he didn't get a move for whatever reason. He'd have ****ed off his manager, employees and fans...

Who told you then?

Who told you then?

someone on twitter.... :suspicious:

As I've said before, I know a few people at the club and get given information every now and again. As I also said, you don't have to believe me, to be honest as it's against the club, I didn't think you would, but I thought I would put it out there for others.

As I've said before, I know a few people at the club and get given information every now and again. As I also said, you don't have to believe me, to be honest as it's against the club, I didn't think you would, but I thought I would put it out there for others.

I have no issues if its against the club if it has credibility (Adam has actually interviewed the player) but

Twitter...... :lol:

I have no issues if its against the club if it has credibility (Adam has actually interviewed the player) but

Twitter...... :lol:

I was joking about twitter pal.. hence why I said the bit below.

To clarify what I've said before.. I know of 3 players that want out (Long, Bertrand and 1 other who I'm not sure will get a move so wont say name), I have suspicions about others as well. I don't know how instrumental Puel staying is to these... I suspect if Chelsea come in Bertrand will go regardless, I think Shane would probably stay, the 3rd I think will be made to stay regardless (unless we can find a decent replacement... which there doesn't appear to be on the market at the moment) .

If you honestly believe that Ryan would come out and slag the manager off and say he wants out to a local news reporter throughout the season, you are deluded. However, each to their own and I can understand why you would be inclined to believe what Adam reports over some bloke on an internet forum :lol:

"The club means the world to me. I've been here since I was 12 and I want to keep progressing with the club". Said Lallana to some press person called Adam.

I would ignore Always mate, he is just a wum, comes on here to try and bash the fans at any chance he get's. I would hazard a guess he is a skate tbh.

I was joking about twitter pal.. hence why I said the bit below.

To clarify what I've said before.. I know of 3 players that want out (Long, Bertrand and 1 other who I'm not sure will get a move so wont say name), I have suspicions about others as well. I don't know how instrumental Puel staying is to these... I suspect if Chelsea come in Bertrand will go regardless, I think Shane would probably stay, the 3rd I think will be made to stay regardless (unless we can find a decent replacement... which there doesn't appear to be on the market at the moment) .

If you honestly believe that Ryan would come out and slag the manager off and say he wants out to a local news reporter throughout the season, you are deluded. However, each to their own and I can understand why you would be inclined to believe what Adam reports over some bloke on an internet forum :lol:

Number 3. VVD? Romeu? Gabi?

To be fair i believe you as a hell of a lot of what you've said in the past has tallied up exactly with what i've heard from the people i know too. Although i have to say it's tightened up a bit recently with a lot less slipping out.

"The club means the world to me. I've been here since I was 12 and I want to keep progressing with the club". Said Lallana to some press person called Adam.

I would ignore Always mate, he is just a wum, comes on here to try and bash the fans at any chance he get's. I would hazard a guess he is a skate tbh.

:lol: idiot

TBH the skates dont whinge as much as some of you lot do.

The way JRod ran off the pitch after the Hull game I would say that he's definitely on his way.

Given members of his family have openly criticised Puel on social media that's hardly a surprise, not to mention J Rod's actions such as the Sunderland frustration outburst.

It may well be true that Bertrand and a dew others want out. I have no inside knowledge.

However, I imagine that EVERY club has a few players who want out, every season. This is football, not real life.

This.

Players, agents, and people within the club will also leak "information" to suit their purposes knowing it to be untrue, or gross exaggeration.

Jay and Tadic aren't one of those I've been specifically told about as being unhappy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are and I expect them both to leave in the summer, Jay more so than Tadic.

Cedric then?

I think he'll probably stay, not based on anything I know, just I can't see us selling all of our back back 4 in 1 season (including Fonte in this and assuming that VVD will go)!

I think he'll probably stay, not based on anything I know, just I can't see us selling all of our back back 4 in 1 season (including Fonte in this and assuming that VVD will go)!

I've been thinking that he is off since throwing his shirt to the fans. Would be chuffed if he did stay.

"Naturally it’s nice to get that recognition and I suppose that will come if you play consistently in the Premier League and internationally.

“But I learnt a long time ago not to get carried away with anything.”

Wants out, then.

Being that the interviewer would have asked him about the speculation, meaning he has to give an answer of some kind, I seriously doubt there is anything at all he could have said that would stop you saying/thinking that.

Being that the interviewer would have asked him about the speculation, meaning he has to give an answer of some kind, I seriously doubt there is anything at all he could have said that would stop you saying/thinking that.

As a general rule of thumb, I tend to ignore what players say towards the end of the season re: staying or leaving.

I'm awaiting K, Billy or Guan's list of players that want out as soon as the season ends :(

"Naturally it’s nice to get that recognition and I suppose that will come if you play consistently in the Premier League and internationally.

“But I learnt a long time ago not to get carried away with anything.”

Wants out, then.

Every player in our squad "wants out" if they are offered something better elsewhere. Why wouldn't he want out if, as reported, Man city want him?

Graeme Bailey (formerly of Sky) suggesting Saints are fairly happy to let Bertrand go as have McQueen and Targett at the club already.

Personally feel this would only add to the feeling we are moving backwards.

McQueen is a good no2 LB but not top 10 PL quality and Targett IMO hasn't shown anything to suggest he is PL class at all. He is a couple of yards short of pace which is telling and nigh on impossible to find.

If/when Bertrand goes we should replace him and loan Targett out.

Not sure how well informed Graeme Bailey is, but seems to get quite a bit right...

Would be ok with McQueen as first choice, but certainly not ideal - Bertrand is another level above McQueen.

However if it means we can use the money to invest in other areas then it would be ok. Guess it depends on the clubs ambition. If we're just happy staying up then it would be fine, if we want to push on and be a regular in Europe then he's probably not good enough.

Graeme Bailey (formerly of Sky) suggesting Saints are fairly happy to let Bertrand go as have McQueen and Targett at the club already.

McQueen is a good no2 LB but not top 10 PL quality and Targett IMO hasn't shown anything to suggest he is PL class at all. He is a couple of yards short of pace which is telling and nigh on impossible to find.

It would be an awful decision to not replace him. Agree McQueen is a perfect no2, but Targett, especially coming back from a serious injury, would be a massive risk.

I'd be looking at Tierney from Celtic, but I suspect he'll have bigger suitors than us.

Targett is no where near good enough McQueen looked better than Targett from the first time he played.

If Bertrand goes he needs to be replaced properly. I'm very happy to have McQueen in the squad (especially as he can also double up as a wide player on the left) but we need a second good left back which isn't Targett.

I don't want Bertrand to leave by any means, but it wouldn't be a massive surprise either.

He's going to turn 28 this summer (like J-Rod), if he's going to make a move to a big club then it's going to have to be sooner rather than later.

However, his career before Saints was so patchy and full of loans here, there and everywhere. Being with us has given him stability and allowed him to flourish. He may decide he doesn't want to give that up after all.

It would be an awful decision to not replace him. Agree McQueen is a perfect no2, but Targett, especially coming back from a serious injury, would be a massive risk.

I'd be looking at Tierney from Celtic, but I suspect he'll have bigger suitors than us.

Big fan of Tierney as well. It's possible his price might be as much as Bertrand's now though.

FFS Bertrand is half the bloody team. This must be Bull**** as even Les Greed isn't that stupid... is he?

I think people are unbelievably harsh on young players in this case Targett. I remember one of his first matches at Arsenal in the league cup and I couldn't believe how good he was. Bertrand himself said around that time that Targett looked like a player who had been in the team forever. We all should know that young players lack consistency and their form tends to dip. They either come out of that period as better players or drop down a level. I wouldn't give up on Targett just yet though he needs some slack following his injury. Unfortunately some fans have given up on him already.

I think people are unbelievably harsh on young players in this case Targett. I remember one of his first matches at Arsenal in the league cup and I couldn't believe how good he was. Bertrand himself said around that time that Targett looked like a player who had been in the team forever. We all should know that young players lack consistency and their form tends to dip. They either come out of that period as better players or drop down a level. I wouldn't give up on Targett just yet though he needs some slack following his injury. Unfortunately some fans have given up on him already.

He's not a patch on Bertrand. Mcqueen offers more pace and far better crossing. I will never forget the atrocious crossing in that game in Denmark. Hit first defender every bloody time. He is championship standard for me.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

He's not a patch on Bertrand. Mcqueen offers more pace and far better crossing. I will never forget the atrocious crossing in that game in Denmark. Hit first defender every bloody time. He is championship standard for me.

Loan Targett to Leeds if Monk stays. They'll likely need a left back.

Exactly,

Shaw coming back from United ;). It won't happen, but for the sake of his career it would be a good choice. Play most weeks with less pressure and a known environment.

Sorted.

Would be an excellent move for him, and us (providing we could get him past his injuries .. does seem to pick them up a lot).

Won't happen though. Despite turning into a bench warmer at Utd the likelihood is he'll move to City (can't see it personally, but the press suggest it), Chelsea or spurs, where he'll still only be a squad player (plenty of bench time though) where the ££ is more.