Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Thus far the indications are that Liverpool haven't moved on so the suggestion is that they still think a deal can be done. The board would look incredibly weak if they were to allow it to happen but if VVD throws a strop they are backed into a corner. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out. Losing VVD does not feel like as big of an issue as it would to lose him and not have a prepared strategy of who to buy to replace him (or what to do with the money full stop).

Thus far the indications are that Liverpool haven't moved on so the suggestion is that they still think a deal can be done. The board would look incredibly weak if they were to allow it to happen but if VVD throws a strop they are backed into a corner. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out. Losing VVD does not feel like as big of an issue as it would to lose him and not have a prepared strategy of who to buy to replace him (or what to do with the money full stop).

Everyone's in a bit of a pickle really. I believe he's going to want his move, and Liverpool can't really pursue him as they usually would, so that leaves the best option for them being VvD kicking up a fuss.

We can't really afford to let this go last minute either, otherwise we'll have £60m+ burning a hole in our pocket once the window closes.

Everyone's in a bit of a pickle really. I believe he's going to want his move, and Liverpool can't really pursue him as they usually would, so that leaves the best option for them being VvD kicking up a fuss.

We can't really afford to let this go last minute either, otherwise we'll have £60m+ burning a hole in our pocket once the window closes.

Don't really see why anyone would be in a pickle. Fact of the matter is, he has 5 years left on a contract, it's widely believed he was told when signing and becoming captain to give us 2 years then he can move on, now he wants to renege on that agreement because klopp has come calling.

He should be told in no uncertain terms, give us one more good season then go with our blessing, mess us about by sulking, demanding moves, suddenly having injuries that make you miss key games etc, then we won't be letting you go next season either.

At some point the club need to make a stand and that time is now, Reed needs to understand how the fans feel about constantly losing players to that filth up north, this could end up costing the club far more than a few million quid on a transfer fee if the fans start feeling disenchanted and begin to drift away

1 If VD leaves for Liverpool it would make the board look weak and wobbly with more U-Turns than Teresa May.

2 It would make LFC liars and cheats for reneging on their public promise not to pursue the player.

3 It would impact on our fans faith in the 'Southampton Way'. Questions would have to be asked, and answered honestly (no PR sham), about our ambition to bring CL football here.

4 The commercial value of the club would take a big hit if it was thought to be just a selling club with no interest in any trophies or European qualifcations.

in short, our club would be a laughing stock

1 If VD leaves for Liverpool it would make the board look weak and wobbly with more U-Turns than Teresa May.

2 It would make LFC liars and cheats for reneging on their public promise not to pursue the player.

3 It would impact on our fans faith in the 'Southampton Way'. Questions would have to be asked, and answered honestly (no PR sham), about our ambition to bring CL football here.

4 The commercial value of the club would take a big hit if it was thought to be just a selling club with no interest in any trophies or European qualifcations.

A laughing stock in whose eyes? Just yours I imagine. Most of the country won't give a **** and of those that do the majority will think we've got loads of money for selling one of the best defenders in the world to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

A laughing stock in whose eyes? Just yours I imagine. Most of the country won't give a **** and of those that do the majority will think we've got loads of money for selling one of the best defenders in the world to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

My eyes too, oh and probably most of the scousers would laugh at us too

An excellent summary!

Believe this one will be solved very, very soon.

I get the impression VVD has a deadline to put it a transfer request otherwise Liverpool will move for another target.

I expect Reed would prefer a transfer request so we have the 10m for Celtic covered with the loss of VVD's bonuses

Spot on. I think an increasing number of fans will (have already) wonder the the point is if we're just going to sell our best players to Liverpool every time they come calling. Forcing LFC into that statement last month was a good start but we simply have to continue that stance.

Saints won't sell him to the dippers and they know this. They cannot be seen to be doing anything untoward regarding VVD who has been told he's going nowhere.

I tend to agree with this, the club have put themselves into a position where they'd look foolish to now let him go, not only that they'd lose a lot of goodwill from the fans, VVD probably knows this and has hopefully come to terms with it, the dippers are in the death throes of trying to secure him so are getting increasingly desperate, using all the dirty tricks they can, whilst knowing they have to be careful in anything they do. His agent is probably freaking out at the thought of losing a hefty bonus too.

So he'll be sold tomorrow then :lol:

What does 'kick up a fuss' actually mean? Will he turn up to Staplewood without his P.E. kit? Fine, play in your underwear, son. What can a player actually do? Refuse to play/train, presumably? And then we'd fine him. But then what? It all sounds very perpetual :D Has any player actually been fined for refusing to play? Tevez comes to mind (answered my own Q)....can't remember how that panned out though.

What does 'kick up a fuss' actually mean? Will he turn up to Staplewood without his P.E. kit? Fine, play in your underwear, son. What can a player actually do? Refuse to play/train, presumably? And then we'd fine him. But then what? It all sounds very perpetual :D Has any player actually been fined for refusing to play? Tevez comes to mind (answered my own Q)....can't remember how that panned out though.

Wanyama called in sick (stomach bug) on the day of Middjeland away. Thus avoiding a fine.

Tevez ? another one-time Liverpool target. We had a whole summer of ex pool players telling us he wanted leave Juve to be there, with Brenda. And that he was the ideal striker who would win them the league...and who did they end up signing ? INGS! :lol:

Wanyama called in sick (stomach bug) on the day of Middjeland away. Thus avoiding a fine.

groin strains, back strain, both hard to detect. Unnecessary yellows, maybe a red card. Give away a penalty or two. Depends on how blatant you want to be.

But I cannot imagine it getting to that too much, otherwise other clubs, including Liverpool will back off

Anfield HQ‏ @AnfieldHQ 4 minutes ago

Klopp on Van Dijk: "Am I allowed to talk about this? I am not! Pretty much everything I could say would be a mistake. You wrote everything about this a few weeks ago. I was in Iceland by the way when somebody told me this was in the newspaper."

Anfield HQ‏ @AnfieldHQ 4 minutes ago

Klopp on Van Dijk: "Am I allowed to talk about this? I am not! Pretty much everything I could say would be a mistake. You wrote everything about this a few weeks ago. I was in Iceland by the way when somebody told me this was in the newspaper."

You've already done enough inappropriate talking already you gurning piece of dog turd and got away with it, so just go ahead and display some more lack of class.

You and Liverpool are made for each other.

The difficult equation here is regarding the manager, who has been supposedly assured we will not sell our better players. Perhaps we can argue he is our best, not better! Anyway, I would be very nervous about what Mauricio might react with, so early in his reign. Has there ever been a manager who leaves before a competitive match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difficult equation here is regarding the manager, who has been supposedly assured we will not sell our better players. Perhaps we can argue he is our best, not better! Anyway, I would be very nervous about what Mauricio might react with, so early in his reign. Has there ever been a manager who leaves before a competitive match?

Wtf?

I believe the term CB Fry uses with stuff like this is 'drivel'.

Pages and Pages of VVD leaving .

Is there one direct quote from VVD ?

All based on one ex Liverpool player and the press ( Who in every paper said Lukaku was already signed for Chelsea)

Until VVD speaks for me its all speculation and Liverpool **** stirring

Naïve - its pretty clear what VVD wants.

Slightly worrying

"The South African lawyer Daniel Vanderkamp has claimed that Southampton are now ready to speak to Liverpool again and broker a deal for Virgil van Dijk.

Vanderkamp previously worked on many Liverpool deals including the Christian Benteke one, and although he now no longer works in the game, still has his ear to the ground."

He tweeted this...

Got told things are moving along now with LFC and Southampton.

I don't know if he's handed in a request, just that the clubs are back negotiating. I don't think he will have to hand in a request either

Big fan of Les but if this is true he'll lose all his credibility

Slightly worrying

"The South African lawyer Daniel Vanderkamp has claimed that Southampton are now ready to speak to Liverpool again and broker a deal for Virgil van Dijk.

Vanderkamp previously worked on many Liverpool deals including the Christian Benteke one, and although he now no longer works in the game, still has his ear to the ground."

He tweeted this...

I don't know if he's handed in a request, just that the clubs are back negotiating. I don't think he will have to hand in a request either

Mmm. Let me think. New poster. Mackers81=mackerel=skate methinks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Klopp on Van Dijk "Am I allowed to talk about this? I'm not! Pretty much everything i could say would be a mistake" http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football

So hes been told not to say anything.

If Saints are negotiating and so look to have gone back on what they have told the fans then I wonder what reaction the club will get.

I suspect there will be some ruse thought up to make VVD to look the villain

Would've thought if he was a prominent lawyer that would appear on a Google search, at least somewhere. Nothing bar his Twitter account: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Daniel+Vanderkamp&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB711GB711&oq=daniel+v&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i60j69i57j69i61l2.1447j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Seems like one of those accounts who only seem to tweet about transfer rumours when the transfer window is open, and never seems to get any rumours wrong even when transfers are so volatile and can easily break down. Hmm....

Edited by GGalpin

We should have done the deal with City or Chelsea at the start of the window, in order to give us time to snap up replacements.

We could be in great danger of being left with £60m in our pockets, egg on our faces after selling to Liverpool and arguably on of the weakest back CB pairing in the league.

We've generally been very good at finding CB's and i'm sure there is one out there we've got our eyes on. Lets just hope we can get it across the line, before the start of the season. We need to get points on the board early.

Backup plan incase they dont get VV?

The Reds defender is the Eagles' no.1 summer target after impressing on loan at Selhurst Park last season, but Liverpool's reported £30m valuation is putting Palace off.

And Klopp has suggested that the 27-year-old, who he fell out with last summer, could be part of his pre-season plans.

Sakho was not part of the Reds squad which beat Tranmere Rovers 4-0 in their first pre-season friendly but when asked if he could take part in other friendlies, Klopp said: "First of all he needs to get 100% fit and then we will see." plan

Ah. And "empireofthekop" is clearly an unbiased source.

just posting a rumour on VVD on the "Virgil-Transfer-Rumours-Summer-17" page. Or is that not allowed? ;-)

Just thought people would be interested...

Klopp on Van Dijk "Am I allowed to talk about this? I'm not! Pretty much everything i could say would be a mistake" http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football

So hes been told not to say anything.

If Saints are negotiating and so look to have gone back on what they have told the fans then I wonder what reaction the club will get.

I suspect there will be some ruse thought up to make VVD to look the villain

I am nearing the point that I hope he leaves as I am getting fed with all this Van Dijk talk. On every sports page somewhere some former scouse player is creaming all over Van Dijk and going on how amazing he would be for them. I doubt this talk helps the club with their pre season preparations, just hope we have someone pretty good lined up (we did go better every time we replaced our CB, Lovren

Slightly worrying

He tweeted this...

Reading his twitter. He's absolutely clueless. Obviously one of those fake "ITK" accounts.

A few of the best ones, it's actually laughable:

2014: "Heard today #Falcao has told a couple of his french team mates he is going to Liverpool. Another colleague told me Real Madrid."

(and after signing for UTD): "I also don't understand why Falcao would want to go there. At this stage of his career...surely, for once he would want UCL. Greedy *****"

2014: "As far as I am aware the only clubs that have spoken to Balotelli are #Arsenal and #Monaco. I expect monaco to sign him this week"

2015: "I personally think Liverpool will go for Petr Cech!"

On the Benteke deal, clearly ITK: "He told them a deal has been agreed, and that Ricky Lambert will go the other way to Aston Villa. It is €42M and the player apparently"

May 2017: "Virgil to Manchester City story is most likely planted by a bookmaker. He has joined Liverpool."

(then the backtrack): "Also, when I said yesterday that Virgil was close to going to Liverpool it meant the clubs were close to agreeing a fee."

and then still (before we took Liverpool to the PL): "It was never ever in doubt about Virgil Van Dijk. And a word of advice, don't believe any news paper described as a "tabloid"."

Lukaku was also nailed on to rejoin Chelsea, Liverpool are nailed on to sign Aubameyang and Lacazette will join Madrid in January.

Just reads like a Liverpool fan ****ing about. Every single ITK post is something that shows a deal favouring Liverpool. Why do people take this ****e as gospel just because someone claims they're ITK?

I dont know if im in the few here but i see it slightly differently. I really dont want him to go, certainly not to Liverpool which is clearly a huge mistake career wise, but i was only ever hoping for one more season out of him so im not that fussed. Yes we are a selling club and i dont like it but im not naive enough to see it changing quickly (or at all). Les said we dont need to sell so wont sell and i do think the club look a little silly if he goes but whats he supposed to do - so much of football is done publicly nowadays that if he came out and said "Oh we still expect him to be sold somewhere" it hardly puts us in a great bargaining position and sends a terrible message to the rest of the club. I dont mind players going, i just dont like all our top players being sold off each year. If VVD goes then so what, amazing player no doubt and at our level i agree irreplaceable. However one player doesnt make a team / club and if i was the new manager i wouldnt want my reign to start with a pussy of a captain whos angling for a move - id want a ****ing legend as captain to take the club and team forward - VVDs gone, this yr or next so get it done and get the money well spent. We could being the same position as Everton with Lukaku if VVD is the only one who goes and we spend well. I dont want the typical 5 player meltdown but i also dont want a pussy as a captain with a wobbly lip from wanting to go to Liverpool of all places. Get it done and get a replacement that is as good as teh other CBs we've brought in recently and move forward with our new manager.

Disclaimer - i dont know for a fact if all the paper reports are true of course and could be wrong but in my opinion theres enough smoke around his transfer that theres some fire threr from VVDs side - if i was his agent i know what id be saying right now and it wouldnt please many on here - so im basing the above on that

We should have done the deal with City or Chelsea at the start of the window, in order to give us time to snap up replacements.

We could be in great danger of being left with £60m in our pockets, egg on our faces after selling to Liverpool and arguably on of the weakest back CB pairing in the league.

We've generally been very good at finding CB's and i'm sure there is one out there we've got our eyes on. Lets just hope we can get it across the line, before the start of the season. We need to get points on the board early.

And how do you propose we do a deal with a team that doesn't want to meet our valuation of the player?

And isn't one of the criticisms of the board that they sell too early and too cheaply in the window?

VVD is one season away from playing for a team like Barca, Madrid or Munich and he wants to go to Liverpool! WTF. Same agent as Koeman right? That agent is a take the money guy piece of ****. They should not get a 10% cut, its ridiculous. Money in the game is ruining it. Sky's fault. I'm off to train to be an agent.

You are crazy if you think those clubs will come for him while he plays for us, they are not going to break world record fees for him. We would have to drop the fee the club wants by like 50% otherwise no chance in hell those clubs will be interested in him.

just posting a rumour on VVD on the "Virgil-Transfer-Rumours-Summer-17" page. Or is that not allowed? ;-)

Doubt anyone beyond Liverpool is interested. I'm certainly not.

In fact, I'm totally bored (but p!ssed off too) with the constant attempts of Scouser fans, the media, agents and possibly LFC too, to build pressure and a sense of "everyone's saying it so it must be true' in the hope that it will persuade VVD that they are actually better than second-rate and he should want to go there.

I really hope that, in the end, he's not conned, Saints hold firm and meaningful action is taken against Liverpool. I think there's a reasonable chance of the first two, none at all of the last.

Reading his twitter. He's absolutely clueless. Obviously one of those fake "ITK" accounts.

A few of the best ones, it's actually laughable:

2014: "Heard today #Falcao has told a couple of his french team mates he is going to Liverpool. Another colleague told me Real Madrid."

(and after signing for UTD): "I also don't understand why Falcao would want to go there. At this stage of his career...surely, for once he would want UCL. Greedy *****"

2014: "As far as I am aware the only clubs that have spoken to Balotelli are #Arsenal and #Monaco. I expect monaco to sign him this week"

2015: "I personally think Liverpool will go for Petr Cech!"

On the Benteke deal, clearly ITK: "He told them a deal has been agreed, and that Ricky Lambert will go the other way to Aston Villa. It is €42M and the player apparently"

May 2017: "Virgil to Manchester City story is most likely planted by a bookmaker. He has joined Liverpool."

(then the backtrack): "Also, when I said yesterday that Virgil was close to going to Liverpool it meant the clubs were close to agreeing a fee."

and then still (before we took Liverpool to the PL): "It was never ever in doubt about Virgil Van Dijk. And a word of advice, don't believe any news paper described as a "tabloid"."

Lukaku was also nailed on to rejoin Chelsea, Liverpool are nailed on to sign Aubameyang and Lacazette will join Madrid in January.

Just reads like a Liverpool fan ****ing about. Every single ITK post is something that shows a deal favouring Liverpool. Why do people take this ****e as gospel just because someone claims they're ITK?

Exactly.

Doubt anyone beyond Liverpool is interested. I'm certainly not.

In fact, I'm totally bored (but p!ssed off too) with the constant attempts of Scouser fans, the media, agents and possibly LFC too, to build pressure and a sense of "everyone's saying it so it must be true' in the hope that it will persuade VVD that they are actually better than second-rate and he should want to go there.

I really hope that, in the end, he's not conned, Saints hold firm and meaningful action is taken against Liverpool. I think there's a reasonable chance of the first two, none at all of the last.

"Doubt anyone beyond Liverpool is interested. I'm certainly not." Then what's the point of this rumour page and why are you reading it? You're a little bit too quick to jump on peoples back mate...i was just posting a rumour and you call me a skate! A little bit out of order....

"Doubt anyone beyond Liverpool is interested. I'm certainly not." Then what's the point of this rumour page and why are you reading it? You're a little bit too quick to jump on peoples back mate...i was just posting a rumour and you call me a skate! A little bit out of order....

And you're a bit quick to get touchy about it. If you care to review my posting history, you'll see I'm not quick to jump on people's backs. Maybe I jumped to a wrong conclusion over your user name, but there are Skates who openly post on here with similar names. If I am wrong, my apologies for that, but not for embarrassing a first-time poster who's either failed miserably with a wind-up (probably not) or been totally taken in by a LFC forum bit of fake news.

As has been easily researched by others, this so-called lawyer is nothing of the sort, just a troll.

And of course, as a long-standing supporter, I'm interested in whether VVD will stay, and I look on here for concrete news. It's the rubbish posted on LFC forums in the hope of manipulating things that is a waste of space and time.

Edited by Shroppie

Sounds like it's what you want.

I want him to stay obviously. But I am also able to see that he appears to want to leave and was behaving in a way that very strongly backs that up.

Do you genuinely believe its all media driven?

I wouldn't let it upset you, so many want to have a go if you are the first to post something up. Its a game to some, keep posting we need as many as we can get to keep it interesting

I want him to stay obviously. But I am also able to see that he appears to want to leave and was behaving in a way that very strongly backs that up.

Do you genuinely believe its all media driven?

Not totally. I think the tapping-up, no doubt vigorously supported by his agent, sowed the seeds and got him thinking.

We don't know what has transpired between him and Saints except that the statement about no-one leaving suggests he may have been told "one more year". We know Saints fired a warning shot across Liverpool's bows and that has, in my opinion, caused LFC and the agent to use the media to encourage tactics to force a move - something they've done many times before.

The Scouse fans then add to that through social media, trying to get to VVD and convince him that Liverpool is a great club, he really wants to play there and is entitled to move if he wants to and Saints are the bad guys if they block him.

Yes, he probably would like a move and a bigger pay packet. Who wouldn't? But he could be moving to a really big club in 12 months, rather than having to negotiate his way out of Liverpool, who'll see things a bit differently when it's their player being lured away.

And, of course, his agent would love as many moves (and big commissions) as possible.