Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I've gone from convinced he'll go to assuming he'll stay. So potential for maximum disappointment. Find it odd people are annoyed about our lack of activity when the biggest thing by miles is keeping him. For me, VVD and Stephens would be an exciting partnership next season. An academy player with one of the best CBs in the world. I think that's the perfect example of what we can do as a club.

Problem is, we've done our bit by putting a hefty price on him. But this summer, clubs are stupid enough to pay anything it seems, and late in the window I can see City, Utd or Chelsea offering £70m. Fck knows who we could then buy to have even a slight chance of replacing him.

But past 3 years we have always sold earlyish- i dont see us selling so late in a window leaving no time to get a replacement

Well 'what ever' now to bo honest... He's lost lots of credibility with the fans and maybe with some if his team mates too...

Preferably don't sell anyone ever again to Liverpool unless they pay a 20% supplement.

The word to describe their fans and Manager is conceited.

Flog him to someone else and move on....

When we play against him put lots of low crosses into the box for our runner who will be instructed to exploit the glaring Vvd weakness and get across him and have a tap in or two....

Players won't give a shiny shiete, every single one of them would move to a champions league club tomorrow if they were wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic are in the champions league...

What you mean is champions league and pays 150k+ a week

He will likely hand in a transfer request IMO.

Shouldn't make any difference if what Reed said is correct. Everyone knows he wants to leave and go to Liverpool so writing it down shouldn't change much.

Unless we actually aren't that unhappy to sell and get a big fee in having "done all we could to keep the player"?

Personally ive had enough of the throwing the toys out the pram. If a bid for 70 million comes in take the money and run... Strengthen across the whole team.

Why cling onto a misersble git who doesn't want to be here? What kinda effect morale wise does that have on other players?

Tell him straight to p#ss off,

Put him in the reserves until attitude improves.

Tell him to stop being a little b##tch knuckle down for one more season and then go in the summer....

Footballers no loyalty bunch of greedy idiots he hast the opportunity to become a Saints legend. one of the best players we have seen here...

Personally ive had enough of the throwing the toys out the pram. If a bid for 70 million comes in take the money and run... Strengthen across the whole team.

Why cling onto a misersble git who doesn't want to be here? What kinda effect morale wise does that have on other players?

Tell him straight to p#ss off,

Put him in the reserves until attitude improves.

Tell him to stop being a little b##tch knuckle down for one more season and then go in the summer....

Footballers no loyalty bunch of greedy idiots he hast the opportunity to become a Saints legend. one of the best players we have seen here...

Stop throwing your toys about for a minute and show me where he has thrown his please

Stop throwing your toys about for a minute and show me where he has thrown his please

Doesn't this go back to Twitter, and all those who seem to read what they want out of things that are posted there. In particular didn't he post a picture of himself on a plane which people seemed to get all excited about?? [Twitter sums up the snowflakes that now populate the country, including my kids]

What has Twitter said about him going to Austria? Surely that is the most relevant thing......

I've heard he put a smiley thing but with a wink and a slightly quizzical glumish expression. I need a 12 year old Twitter expert to interpret.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can't see us signing another CB if VVD stays.

Depends on how ambitious we are, and the price of course.

You don't need 5 first team centre backs if you play 4-2-3-1.

van Dijk

Yoshida

Stephens

Benarek

Is enough, if we signed another it bloats the squad too much. Stephens isn't particularly young any more, he turns 24 years old during the season. If van Dijk stays I think we'll start with van DIjk & Yoshida as first choice and Stephens will become van Dijk's partner as the season progresses.

If the club view Stephens as being 1st choice material and he has shown signs he can be. Then I very much doubt they'll want to block the path of someone who will be 24 during this season with another player.

Its sad to think we have ended up with Yoshida or Stephens as 1st choice CB's partnering VVD .

Didn't hear any complaints about Fonte/VVD, and now that Fonte has gone, Yoshi/Stephens were no worse than him, given that they had a sustained run in the team.

Didn't hear any complaints about Fonte/VVD, and now that Fonte has gone, Yoshi/Stephens were no worse than him, given that they had a sustained run in the team.

To be honest I don't know what happened with Fonte, he was very good for us as some are quickly forgetting.

I think it's fair to say that we would have needed to look at replacing Fonte sooner rather than later if he was still here. I don't think anyone can deny that we got the best out of him, he's on the way down now.

If Stephens progresses this season as much as he did last season, then we're onto a winner. Could save us a fortune.

I think it's fair to say that we would have needed to look at replacing Fonte sooner rather than later if he was still here. I don't think anyone can deny that we got the best out of him, he's on the way down now.

If Stephens progresses this season as much as he did last season, then we're onto a winner. Could save us a fortune.

I would be very happy to see Stephens partnering VVD at the centre of the defence. Stephens was one of the bright spots from last season.

Fonte was very good for us but think Euros was his last hurrah and was declining from then, same with Terry a couple seasons back all players have a best before date and Fonte has now past his

Agreed. He has not delivered as expected at WHU.

It's even made the news in the Liverpool Echo. Must be a slow news day:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/virgil-van-dijk-flies-out-13309001

Their continued interest is really quite comical really. How can a club get their knuckles wrapped by the Premier League for obvious tapping up, be made to apologize and then declare all interest in the player is over - yet really - it ain't.

Agreed. He has not delivered as expected at WHU.

That's a very kind way of putting it Mowgli. From what I saw he has been average at best, and sometime bloody awful. We were right to offload when we did.

Their continued interest is really quite comical really. How can a club get their knuckles wrapped by the Premier League for obvious tapping up, be made to apologize and then declare all interest in the player is over - yet really - it ain't.

Meanwhile, see who their own club shop think Klopp really is. :lol::lol:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/people-are-wondering-why-liverpool-are-selling-harold-shipman-keyrings-132915

I cannot for the life of me understand why the FA have let this rattle on for so long...

That LFC are at the very centre of this media WAR against our club, is in no doubt.

They parade any of their ex-players (those that are still alive that is) out to do a hatchet job on us in their local rags. All of them do work for Liverpool FC via their TV station, and the likes of Gerrard are actually paid employees of that club.

It's a classic case of one of the perceived top teams imposing their will over a perceived smaller club.

Why we should have our entire preseason disrupted because we won't roll over and give in to their arrogance. Are we not allowed to say no, or something?

And just how blatant do they have to be in ignoring FA warnings before the FA act?

Are we not allowed to have better players than them?

God knows they have plundered us enough over the last 3 seasons.

Just for reference the Liverpool Echo is owned by 'Trinity Mirror' and its national papers are obv the mirror and people, so thats why there has been plenty of crossover and comment about VVD from them.

Don't be surprised if this is the last time we see VVD in a Saints shirt.

He might finish the Austrian leg of pre season.

Transfer request imminent apparently.

He's doing a 'Lovren'

Here's hoping it's not true....but I think it's best for all parties if we go our separate ways.

He's doing a 'Lovren'

Here's hoping it's not true....but I think it's best for all parties if we go our separate ways.

Who says a transfer request is imminent? Is this ITK stuff or just online speculation?

He's doing a 'Lovren'

why? why cant we just say no?

Who says a transfer request is imminent? Is this ITK stuff or just online speculation?

Until it's verified by club or player it's going to be 'speculation'....

Met up with some chums at St Mary's today whilst getting the new shirt,who get to hear stuff via contacts in the club.

Over a couple of beers in the spitfire pub they disclosed some stuff.

All tenuous,I know.

why? why cant we just say no?

Exactly - it's definitely not best for all parties to let him go. Who cares if he wants to leave, we should hold the power thanks to that 6 year deal he signed last year. Morgan and Wanyama both were seemingly desperate to leave, we forced them to stay and they both ended up having great seasons.

Exactly - it's definitely not best for all parties to let him go. Who cares if he wants to leave, we should hold the power thanks to that 6 year deal he signed last year. Morgan and Wanyama both were seemingly desperate to leave, we forced them to stay and they both ended up having great seasons.

we'll soon see with the appearance of negatives stories about VvD....it's the southampton way

He wont go. Les and co have said time and time again that NO ONE is for sale and it is different this time.

He's doing a 'Lovren'

Thank god you're usually wrong

Until it's verified by club or player it's going to be 'speculation'....

Met up with some chums at St Mary's today whilst getting the new shirt,who get to hear stuff via contacts in the club.

Over a couple of beers in the spitfire pub they disclosed some stuff.

All tenuous,I know.

Old Virg should be more careful who he discloses such sensitive info to.