Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

From experience if it's in the Liverpool Echo, it's probably true.

**** poor from the club if we give in and sell to Liverpool given the disrespect they've shown us.

The fact the Liverpool speculation hasn't gone away, even tho they said they have ended interest, says a lot, IMO.

I suspect he's in final stages of rehabilitation so he's only doing non contact ball work so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature. That will get the Scousers jizzing themselves thinking he's off.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

So this would explain why just about every pic of seen of him so far he has been totally on his own.

Phew glad he's not sulking or gettng cold shoulder treatment.

Having seen how the Media Dept are working with The Kit Reveal and now Stuart Taylor Contract extension, I'm beginning to wonder if the club are purposely not showing many pics of VVD

and no comments being made, are they doing this just to wind up the scousers?

Maybe VVD has accepted the fact that he is staying and is in on it as well ..... remember him wearing The Secret Santa gift of a Man City shirt last year?

Maybe Pigs will fly as well .... but here's hoping. The sheer joy of the disappointment the scousers would feel would make my summer .... too much to ask for?

This is just going to be incessant now. LFC are determined to keep this alive in the media to build the feeling that it's Saints being the bad guys.

After all, VVD has said he wants to go to Liverpool and only Liverpool, because he's passionately in love with Klopp and they're obviously the greatest club in the world (it's actually only alleged by those connected with LFC) and they'll pay him Megabucks (true). And Liverpool want him, so how dare a tiny club stop them? And they value him at £40-50m, so that's that. Saints are clearly being ridiculous to want more.

And, indirect suggestions that he goes on strike, or puts in a transfer request will hopefully translate into "he is threatening to go on strike and put in a transfer request' and that will alienate some Saints fans (working already on here) and confirm that Saints are being unreasonable.

The only snag is that the club themselves have to be just a little bit careful or they may get told off again. But no real problem, because this is LFC, too valuable to the Premier League to upset or punish. And the media are totally happy to publish every ex-LFC's considered opinion that he should move.

It's the way they work, and it stinks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is just going to be incessant now. LFC are determined to keep this alive in the media to build the feeling that it's Saints being the bad guys.

After all, VVD has said he wants to go to Liverpool and only Liverpool, because he's passionately in love with Klopp and they're obviously the greatest club in the world (it's actually only alleged by those connected with LFC) and they'll pay him Megabucks (true). And Liverpool want him, so how dare a tiny club stop them? And they value him at £40-50m, so that's that. Saints are clearly being ridiculous to want more.

And, indirect suggestions that he goes on strike, or puts in a transfer request will hopefully translate into "he is threatening to go on strike and put in a transfer request' and that will alienate some Saints fans (working already on here) and confirm that Saints are being unreasonable.

The only snag is that the club themselves have to be just a little bit careful or they may get told off again. But no real problem, because this is LFC, too valuable to the Premier League to upset or punish. And the media are totally happy to publish every ex-LFC's considered opinion that he should move.

It's the way they work, and it stinks.

Yes it is the way it works bigger clubs usually come out on top.

Liverpool is a great club with a proud history in the CL so I think it is a team for VVD to aspire to play for.

We are a biggish club with no proud history in the CL but can crap all over clubs like S****horpe

**** poor from the club if we give in and sell to Liverpool given the disrespect they've shown us.

Why would they respect us? Every time they come knocking, we put up a little token resistance for PR purposes and then give them whatever they want.

I shouldn't imagine this situation will play out much differently.

Meh - if it happens it happens, if it doesn't then I expect us to replace him with another very decent CB.

Don't want him to go at all, but no point having a hissy fit about it !

I wouldn't take it for granted, tn this super inflated market, to find a decent CB in our price bracket. We might end up with Yoshida and Stephens as first choice if we sell VVD. So its definitely not a "meh" situation to me.

Why would they respect us? Every time they come knocking, we put up a little token resistance for PR purposes and then give them whatever they want.

I shouldn't imagine this situation will play out much differently.

the problem is that our business model is to develop and sell. IMO we are not going to rip the business plan up now.

the problem is that our business model is to develop and sell. IMO we are not going to rip the business plan up now.

Wasn't it said earlier in the summer (can't remember if it was LR or RK) that that *was* our business model up to the point where we had a PL squad consisting of 2 genuine PL quality players for ever position. They feel that they have now achieved that, which is why, along with long contracts for the majority, we are in position this summer of not needing to sell.

Just like we did Fonte? :|

Fonte's performances at WHU suggest we parted. Implant at the right time. Caceres was an improvement but kept out of the side by a rapidly improving Stephens. May not have been plan A but we came out smelling of roses - again.

SAD..I know but I spent/wasted an hour searching the web for information on this, so called ex-lawyer Daniel Vanderkamp. He is the one who started the twitter rumour that we have started negoiations with Liverpoool and the deal for VvD is close.

I found a German footballer by that name. I found an electrician from Reading of that name. There is even a road called Dan Van Dr Kamp Ave in Liverpool.

There are 5 Daniel Vanderkamps on FB.

Whilst on Facebook I was directed to a Liverpool fans site that had this about Daniel Vanderkamp...

"Daniel Vanderkamp, the lawyer who revealed the Van Dijk talks has been suspended from Twitter."

?????? is this ex lawyer for real ?????????????

edit.

found this "France-based lawyer Daniel Vanderkamp worked alongside ... The account has since been taken down, but the tweets come after ... Klopp said: "Am I allowed to talk about this? ." whilst doing a google search...but when clicked the link it just took me to the Liverpool Echo and Kloops statement yesterday.

Edited by patred44

No like we did with Lovren and Toby.

The main difference being, when he had to replace Toby and Lovren Paul Mitchell was still about (or at least his legacy and shortlist of players he looked at)... I'm not as convinced by Ross, I have to say.

You're correct that is our model but missing one very important aspect.....timing. It is NOT develop as quickly as possible and sell as quickly as possible, otherwise they would not of gone down the route of 4,5, & 6 year contracts. Yes, the length of contract helps to increase the selling price but also it extends the time the core of the team is together and slows down the rate of change. But you keep thinking in headlines my friend like the rest of the world.

You're correct that is our model but missing one very important aspect.....timing. It is NOT develop as quickly as possible and sell as quickly as possible, otherwise they would not of gone down the route of 4,5, & 6 year contracts. Yes, the length of contract helps to increase the selling price but also it extends the time the core of the team is together and slows down the rate of change. But you keep thinking in headlines my friend like the rest of the world.
Lets see what transpires. The sales in the past have funded new purchases,who else are we going to sell to raise money to buy?

Yes it is the way it works bigger clubs usually come out on top.

Liverpool is a great club with a proud history in the CL so I think it is a team for VVD to aspire to play for.

We are a biggish club with no proud history in the CL but can crap all over clubs like S****horpe

Most Saints fans appreciate this, it's the underhand tactics and the sense they are untouchable in the PL eyes that we're fed up with. Doesn't help that so many scousers, at least those that get air time, are so partisan and blind to how biased they are being.

for the non hip on the forum, do we treat snapchat, and indeed all "social media" in the same way as Twitter and the subliminal messages that it sends out?

Haha, I certainly don't. Just wondered who had originally posted the pic - someone associated with the club in some way presumably, to be close enough to take a pic like that?

Why do so many people on here not get the significance of last year's tying of our best players to long term contracts ?

Isn't it obvious that our business plan changed at that point ?

If VVD is so desperate to leave us then why did he sign a new 6 year contract last summer ? What was in it for him ?

Why do so many people on here not get the significance of last year's tying of our best players to long term contracts ?

If VVD is so desperate to leave us then why did he sign a new 6 year contract last summer ? What was in it for him ?

Increased and guaranteed money for the next six years regardless of health (injuries and whatnot). The contract would've, in theory, set him up life even if he never kicked a ball for us again. Not that I disagree with you that the business plan has changed. I just think players take the money knowing that they can sulk their way into a transfer.

Until something is done, I am not going to get too over excited. A lot of sh*t being flung in the attempts for some of it to stick. The amount flung, you would expect some to stick. This is prime click bait season.

While something is not done I am not getting concerned.

The business plan might've changed, but the players and their agents don't have to buy into it.

Longer contracts? What are they even worth? Shaw and Lallana had four years remaining on theirs, Lovren had three - let's see if Van Dijk (five years) and Bertrand (four years) are here at the end of the summer before declaring the "significance" of contract extensions...

Money. And perhaps it's more important to ask what was in it for his agent.

"It's a no brainer Virgil, a bigger pay packet and more security for the long term in case you pick up an injury"

"What about if I want to move on? Won't this make things more difficult?"

"Don't worry about that, where there's a will, there's a way."

The business plan has not been ripped up imho. We will still develop and sell but we sell when we need/want to unlike in the past where players we're becoming less valuable due to their contracts running down so we had to maximise what we got by way of transfer money.

It was actually on an instagram story, basically the same thing. But it was Matt Watson, the official club photographer

Right. Not that I was overly concerned anyway, but I hardly think that the official club snapper will be putting something out there of the players congratulating VVD on his big move

Rubbish... as usual.... we thought Koeman was the bestestet ever....

Seriously though he is not wrong on this occasion. Clasie and Hojberg are nowhere near the quality of players they have replaced. Idem Boufal and perhaps even Redmond although I think he still has a bit of progress to come.

So? Gardos is nowhere near the level required, neither was Juanmi . They go back 3 and 2 seasons respectively don't they ?

Add Hojbjerg, Clasie, Boufal etc and Glasgow isn't entirely wrong.

Indeed but he likes to praise Koeman for everything normally , that is what i was referring to

"Vanderkamp" now gone off twitter too. I guess these fake "experts" really can't handle it once they actually get reported.

https://twitter.com/danvanderkamp?lang=en

Wonder if the Mirror and everyone else who reported this completely ridiculous story will post corrections?

I'm not surprised by the tabloids picking up on it as anything clickbait is right up their street but for the local rag in Liverpool to do so is a bit desperate of them.

"Vanderkamp" now gone off twitter too. I guess these fake "experts" really can't handle it once they actually get reported.

https://twitter.com/danvanderkamp?lang=en

Wonder if the Mirror and everyone else who reported this completely ridiculous story will post corrections?

It really is time the media were punished for failing to check sources. Journalism is now so lazy it consists mainly of monitoring social media and churning out any seemingly juicy gossip as fact.

Posters on here dismissed this within minutes yesterday, and exposed the source as bogus. Why couldn't the Mirror and Liverpool Echo do the same? Obviously, because they want to stir up a story.

Seriously though he is not wrong on this occasion. Clasie and Hojberg are nowhere near the quality of players they have replaced. Idem Boufal and perhaps even Redmond although I think he still has a bit of progress to come.

Hjojberg is 21 years old so let's write him off after one season. Redmond is younger than Jack Stephens and Boufal just a couple of months older.

The idea that these great young prospects should instantly be as good as Mane at his best I find completely ridiculous. When will people on this forum realise that we didn't buy the finished product last summer but bought some really promising youngsters on long term contracts with the view to develop them and form a talented squad that will grow and progress together, a trend that continues with the signing of Bednarek.

Patience people. We're building something here.

Hjojberg is 21 years old so let's write him off after one season. Redmond is younger than Jack Stephens and Boufal just a couple of months older.

The idea that these great young prospects should instantly be as good as Mane at his best I find completely ridiculous. When will people on this forum realise that we didn't buy the finished product last summer but bought some really promising youngsters on long term contracts with the view to develop them and form a talented squad that will grow and progress together, a trend that continues with the signing of Bednarek.

Best put your tin hat on although I agree with you - still don't think we have seen the best of clasie but I live in hope

But we want it now. Right now.