Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

21 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

OK so I watched the video. The book referred to is aimed at kids aged 10 and over (the pastor literally says that in his interview), and at no point during this clip is Joe Biden's name even mentioned.

So how exactly does that answer my question?

Yep, as suspected, another move/shift of attitude and opinion. First of all, you denied it ever happened, then when you get proved wrong, you shift from accusing me of lying and making stuff up, to ‘Oh well, nothing w2rong with this, and Biden had nothing to do with it’. Fact – his party are leading this gender BS and allowing sexual books to be read to kids as young as 6 (watch the full video of him facing the committee). They are also allowing trans/queens to show their genitals to kids and explain things. They are sick people. The country is being run by perverts and people who hate democracy.  

Trump has gone on record saying all these things will be removed from schools should he win. The fact of the matter is you and many others here are blinked to the degree it makes you outright stupid. No matter what Trump or someone like Johnson or Sunak do, you will never agree with them as you hate them. Your hated and silly childish bias get in the way of the facts and see things as they are. Trump could gain world peace and end poverty; you would still hate him and say he did it all wrong. You do not want a better world, you want the world your way or no way, same as most on here. Quite scary how thick and silly people have become, when what we should be doing is supporting people with good ideas no matter how much of an ass they are. Very sad people. I genuinely pity you.  

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Yep, as suspected, another move/shift of attitude and opinion. First of all, you denied it ever happened, then when you get proved wrong, you shift from accusing me of lying and making stuff up, to ‘Oh well, nothing w2rong with this, and Biden had nothing to do with it’. Fact – his party are leading this gender BS and allowing sexual books to be read to kids as young as 6 (watch the full video of him facing the committee). They are also allowing trans/queens to show their genitals to kids and explain things. They are sick people. The country is being run by perverts and people who hate democracy.  

Trump has gone on record saying all these things will be removed from schools should he win. The fact of the matter is you and many others here are blinked to the degree it makes you outright stupid. No matter what Trump or someone like Johnson or Sunak do, you will never agree with them as you hate them. Your hated and silly childish bias get in the way of the facts and see things as they are. Trump could gain world peace and end poverty; you would still hate him and say he did it all wrong. You do not want a better world, you want the world your way or no way, same as most on here. Quite scary how thick and silly people have become, when what we should be doing is supporting people with good ideas no matter how much of an ass they are. Very sad people. I genuinely pity you.  

WTF is wrong with you? I've told you multiple times I'm not a Biden supporter. When it comes to US politics I am completely neutral. I'm not American and I have no preference between Reps/Dems whatsoever. They are just two sides of the same coin as far as I'm concerned.

Please share with us this video of Biden facing the committee you mentioned, so I can see for myself if what you say is true. And if it is then I will agree with you.

41 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

The country is being run by perverts and people who hate democracy.  

Yet you support a man who literally provoked an armed insurrection because he didn't like the result of an election.

And you accuse me of being 'blinked' (sic)? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, east-stand-nic said:

The country is being run by perverts and people who hate democracy.  

In both of his Presidential elections Trump LOST the popular vote.

It is the vagaries and eccentricities of the Electoral College that saw him elected in the first place.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

What a weird post.

You uttered this earlier...

"Interesting, but entirely predictable comments. I wonder, who would know more about USA economics and state of affairs, an American who lived and worked there, or one of us?"

presumably you're a ticket holder in the east stand of st Mary's? So going on your rhetoric, what position are you to know about the state of affairs here? Don't get me wrong, there's plenty wrong with the far left fringes of this administration (although your anecdotes are blown a little out of proportion, although you'd never know if you're glued to Fox News) Some of us have to live amongst these MAGA hatted braindead cunts, how the fuck did you get mixed up in it? 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kevin McCarthy ousted as Speaker as all the Democrats in the House vote with 8 Republicans. McCarthy becomes a victim of the concessions he was forced to make when going though 15 votes to get the position.

One Democrat, referencing the splits in the Republicans, says "Let the civil war begin".

10 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

One Democrat, referencing the splits in the Republicans, says "Let the civil war begin".

Comments like that, from either side, just show how obsessed they are within their own bubble, and how tone deaf they are when it comes to realising the damage this nonsense can have on the people they are supposed to represent.

It's one reason why Trump got the support he did, as his campaign focused on how broken they all sounded, and struck a chord with many who are sick of them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Trumps former lawyer, Sidney Powell, pleads guilty to election related charges in Georgia.

Meanwhile the 1930s tactics spilling over from 6 January 2020 by Trump’s thugs are backfiring in (not) getting Jim Jordan as speaker

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hardball-tactics-jim-jordan-allies-backfiring-house-speakers-race-rcna121121

15 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Another Trump lawer, this time in New York, takes a plea and testifies against him in the civil fraud case.

Now, if only Rudy G grew a pair......

Haven't he and Rudy fallen out? Something to do with non payment of Rudy's fees.

12 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

BBC News - Republicans self-destruct again in US Speaker saga
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67165189

Trump and his supporters making the American legislature a laughing stock. 

I love the way some of them come out and blame the Democrats for not supporting a candidate that the Republicans cannot agree on.

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The Colorado State Supreme Court has ruled that Trump's name cannot be put on Presidential ballots in the state, because of the part he played in fomenting insurrection.

Saw the headline but haven’t seen or read any analysis. Is it just a headline that he will overcome? I don’t want to get too excited yet that he might be fucked

Edited by whelk

34 minutes ago, whelk said:

Saw the headline but haven’t seen or read any analysis. Is it just a headline that he will overcome? I don’t want to get too excited yet that he might be fucked

From what I read, it seems likely to be overturned at the supreme court. Not entirely sure of the details, but you would think that trying to prevent the American public from voting for someone is likely to backfire.

He wouldn't have won Colorado even if the courts reverse the decision. Will be interesting if proper swing states follow suit. And yes, will backfire, angering and galvanising the conspiracy dummies even further. It's going to take decades after Trump is dead and buried to fix the polarisation that he instigated (and the far left countered with, pushing their own daft agendas).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LVSaint said:

He wouldn't have won Colorado even if the courts reverse the decision. Will be interesting if proper swing states follow suit. And yes, will backfire, angering and galvanising the conspiracy dummies even further. It's going to take decades after Trump is dead and buried to fix the polarisation that he instigated (and the far left countered with, pushing their own daft agendas).

Some American commentator on Radio 4 said that for a lot of Americans the news no longer informs them, it just affirms them, either way.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LVSaint said:

It's stupid. Just let candidates on the ballot and let the people decide who they want. The other side are now calling for Republican states to kick Biden off the ballot. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

It's stupid. Just let candidates on the ballot and let the people decide who they want. The other side are now calling for Republican states to kick Biden off the ballot. 

The difference being that Trump is being specifically excluded under law as no office holder is allowed to have been involved in formenting insurrection or something to that effect. 

Trump's lawyers appear to be arguing semantics over whether the President is in fact an office holder in the US and whether Jan 6th was in fact an attempted insurrection. 

Biden can't be excluded on the same basis but Republicans are just threatening to caucus rather than using the primaries in Colorado anyway so it's not going to have nay effect whether the supreme court reverses it or not. 

Honestly the fact that Trump can run again and if he does is almost odds on to win is an embarrassment but hey-ho the US gonna US I guess. 

Just now, farawaysaint said:

The difference being that Trump is being specifically excluded under law as no office holder is allowed to have been involved in formenting insurrection or something to that effect. 

Trump's lawyers appear to be arguing semantics over whether the President is in fact an office holder in the US and whether Jan 6th was in fact an attempted insurrection. 

Biden can't be excluded on the same basis but Republicans are just threatening to caucus rather than using the primaries in Colorado anyway so it's not going to have nay effect whether the supreme court reverses it or not. 

Honestly the fact that Trump can run again and if he does is almost odds on to win is an embarrassment but hey-ho the US gonna US I guess. 

Yeah I know the reason it's an idiotic one. The fact he is favourite to win speaks more to the lack of serious and inspiring politicians in America. Not too different from this country to be honest. I would never want Corbyn in charge of this country but I'd be outraged if he was barred from standing. 

37 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Yeah I know the reason it's an idiotic one. The fact he is favourite to win speaks more to the lack of serious and inspiring politicians in America. Not too different from this country to be honest. I would never want Corbyn in charge of this country but I'd be outraged if he was barred from standing. 

But what if, at the last election, Corbyn had incited his supporters to overthrow the legitimate result and impose him as PM anyway ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

But what if, at the last election, Corbyn had incited his supporters to overthrow the legitimate result and impose him as PM anyway ?

That entire thing was ridiculous. On one side republicans are saying it's a steal and fake and the other they are acting like Trump stormed the white house and they are having memorials for January the 6th like it's 9/11. The truth is somewhere in between but I haven't seen any convincing evidence that he orchestrated any attempt to overthrow the result. If enough people believe that narrative then there should be no problem putting his name on the ballot and letting the people decide who should be in charge. 

You've got partisans on both sides doing things that I think are very harmful to democracy. I miss the 90s and earlier when you could get bipartisan cooperation regardless of political difference. 

Edited by hypochondriac

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That entire thing was ridiculous. On one side republicans are saying it's a steal and fake and the other they are acting like Trump stormed the white house and they are having memorials for January the 6th like it's 9/11. The truth is somewhere in between but I haven't seen any convincing evidence that he orchestrated any attempt to overthrow the result. If enough people believe that narrative then there should be no problem putting his name on the ballot and letting the people decide who should be in charge. 

You've got partisans on both sides doing things that I think are very harmful to democracy. I miss the 90s and earlier when you could get bipartisan cooperation regardless of political difference. 

There’s the odd phone call or two, isn’t there?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

There’s the odd phone call or two, isn’t there?

If he was an evil genius like some Democrats believe, then surely the Democrats should have no problem with beating him and should let the people decide. Seems to me that they are very scared he might actually win which would have Trump in power for 4 years but also embarrass the Democrats if they can't even beat him. 

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If he was an evil genius like some Democrats believe, then surely the Democrats should have no problem with beating him and should let the people decide. Seems to me that they are very scared he might actually win which would have Trump in power for 4 years but also embarrass the Democrats if they can't even beat him. 

I’ll take that as a yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Are you sure that you have been paying attention??? 

Obviously didn't watch the committee hearings. The evidence presented was damming. He was told repeatedly by his lawyers that there was no evidence of any electoral fraud, but he kept repeating the lie anyway to inflame his supporters. Then after he was given intelligence that many of the 'protesters' were armed, he led the march to the Capitol (against all advice) and let it all unfold while watching on the TV from a distance and ignored repeated pleas from his staff and advisors to intervene and ask them to back down and go home.

He knew exactly what he was doing. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

The fact that he hasn't been banned from standing already is a disgrace to their country.

The deep state really should execute him and get rid of the problem.

Lol.  Sounds like a plan Putin would put together.  Don't like the opposition or what they say, poison the fuckers or throw them out of a window.

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

The deep state really should execute him and get rid of the problem.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Lol.  Sounds like a plan Putin would put together.  Don't like the opposition or what they say, poison the fuckers or throw them out of a window.

Worked with JFK. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

They could frame Rudy Giuliani for it, then have him shot by a Trump fanatic. Works everytime.

Interestingly, the penalties Rudy has to pay after his convictions in the defamation case are probably exempted from the bankruptcy, so he can't avoid them that way.

Edited by badgerx16

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2024 at 00:20, Gloucester Saint said:

Very dangerous year coming up if he can’t be stopped - biggest threat to western democracy since the 1930s and the Nazis. America would be a rogue state aka Russia, China, Iran, N Korea https://www.theguardian.com/us

What ludicrous hyperbole. The same stuff was said when he got in the first time and the reality was there were less wars and acts of aggression than there were under Obama. Trump is obviously a ridiculous candidate but the distortion of reality that some commentators and social media users are desperate to do in order to make out the apocalypse is coming because trump is the reincarnation of satan is equally ridiculous. Most likely scenario if he wins again is that he will do some stupid posturing, do a few decent policies, a few mad policies, do a few more stupid press conferences and embarrass himself and not much will happen again. Rather like last time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

What ludicrous hyperbole. The same stuff was said when he got in the first time and the reality was there were less wars and acts of aggression than there were under Obama. Trump is obviously a ridiculous candidate but the distortion of reality that some commentators and social media users are desperate to do in order to make out the apocalypse is coming because trump is the reincarnation of satan is equally ridiculous. Most likely scenario if he wins again is that he will do some stupid posturing, do a few decent policies, a few mad policies, do a few more stupid press conferences and embarrass himself and not much will happen again. Rather like last time. 

You forgot to mention that he tried to not hand over power, and he tried to rig the election. Bad, very bad.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

You forgot to mention that he tried to not hand over power, and he tried to rig the election. Bad, very bad.

Sure. So if he gets in this time and either of those things get even close to happening then I'm happy to say that the ludicrous hyperbole and the doom mongers were completely correct. It obviously won't happen though and you know it won't. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Sure. So if he gets in this time and either of those things get even close to happening then I'm happy to say that the ludicrous hyperbole and the doom mongers were completely correct. It obviously won't happen though and you know it won't. 

He's got every chance of getting in, he won't be able to stand again after that, but I'm sure there will be rumblings about the 22nd Amendment and then who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

He's got every chance of getting in, he won't be able to stand again after that, but I'm sure there will be rumblings about the 22nd Amendment and then who knows.

It's all a load of confected bollocks. A load of noise was made about the apocalypse, nuclear war and insurrection and then at the end of his term the new president was in charge just like it always is. I'm happy to wager any amount you like that if Trump gets in the exact same thing will happen this time. Trump is an egotist and a ridiculous human being, he's not some maniacal super villain. His opponents give him way too much credit.