Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

29 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Not sure what teansphobia is. But there was certainly no phobia of any sort in simple two word post.

Don't worry nic you are entitled to your view. It's the hateful laugh emojis from those who claim to be morally superior that need calling out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Don't worry nic you are entitled to your view. It's the hateful laugh emojis from those who claim to be morally superior that need calling out. 

Couldn't resist a  "hateful" laughing emoji at that post. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

You may find it funny but I can assure you that laughing emojis are no laughing matter. 

53 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

You may find it funny but I can assure you that laughing emojis are no laughing matter. 

Surely this applies only to the "hateful" ones 😁😁

By the way, those are not hateful emojis. 😜

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing to see here. Just the former and prospective future president hawking his own brand clown shoes at a sneaker con* in Philadelphia...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/pennsylvania/articles/2024-02-17/trump-hawks-399-branded-shoes-at-sneaker-con-a-day-after-355-million-ruling

I guess he's got to cover his legal costs somehow. No doubt these godawful things cost about $2 to produce in China. 

* CON being the operative word here.

On 20/02/2024 at 11:42, buctootim said:

This guy seems to have the passion and understanding needed. 

Watching Biden here and in a documentary on John McCain I was watching a month or so back which was made when Biden was VP, it is sad to see such a thoughtful and decent politician then compared to now. This clip despite being very good just shows why this whole election is ridiculous. The man was out of it in 2020 and if he remains in office beyond this year he won’t survive the full term. What a good president he could’ve been…25 years ago. Now an old man puppet for a party. Same can be said for the GOP with Mitch McConnell.

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Like 1

Interesting piece. Will the Donald run out of money?

https://www.tortoisemedia.com/2024/02/29/how-lawyers-courts-and-donors-put-the-squeeze-on-trump/

I particularly find interesting the fact that small dollar donors have dropped off.  I have read a lot recently that many independents outside his fan club have had enough of Trump and the drama that accompanys him. A drop off in small dollar donors would support this. 

I just hope that enough of them vote for Biden. 

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

Nikki Haley is set to announce the end of her bid for the White House. We all know that that means.

Trump v Biden II - The Revenge of the Don

I can't wait for the debate.

One that can't stay awake vs one that is unable to speak in coherent sentences.

Riveting.

• Like 1

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but there must be some crazy reason why there are not two better candidates up for the job of leader of the free world.

I kinda get the Trump thing, he's bat-shit crazy but has his cult following, how the hell no one has replaced Biden needs some explaining. You would just have to be youngish and slightly human and it would be a democrat slam dunk. As it stands they are leaving the door wide open for the orange man, doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Nikki Haley is set to announce the end of her bid for the White House. We all know that that means.

Trump v Biden II - The Revenge of the Don

I can't wait for the debate.

The first debate where voters will be swayed by the performance of their carers, wheeling them on, prompting them and wiping away the drool. 🙂

4 hours ago, aintforever said:

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but there must be some crazy reason why there are not two better candidates up for the job of leader of the free world.

I kinda get the Trump thing, he's bat-shit crazy but has his cult following, how the hell no one has replaced Biden needs some explaining. You would just have to be youngish and slightly human and it would be a democrat slam dunk. As it stands they are leaving the door wide open for the orange man, doesn't make any sense to me.

I’ve been wondering this for quite some time, it’s almost as if the Dems are trying to lose. Just get a straight, white male, aged 40-60 and tell him not to say anything bat sh*t. It’s not rocket salad.

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I’ve been wondering this for quite some time, it’s almost as if the Dems are trying to lose. Just get a straight, white male, aged 40-60 and tell him not to say anything bat sh*t. It’s not rocket salad.

Trumps comms guy who lasted 11 days has some interesting insight 

I hope he is right as he thinks Trump has no chance of winning

• Like 1

14 hours ago, whelk said:

Trumps comms guy who lasted 11 days has some interesting insight 

I hope he is right as he thinks Trump has no chance of winning

Obviously hope you're right but people like Scaramucci have done pretty well out of knocking Trump and predicting his demise to an audience desperate to hear it.  CNN, MSNBC and to an extent the BBC lap it up and there's a cast of familiar faces like Scaramucci, Mary Trump and Michael Cohen always on hand to provide it.  It's a comforting little bubble but none of them know what's likely to happen anymore than the rest of us do.

The actions of the Supreme Court are the most worrying aspect - they're doing exactly what Trump wants them to do which is delay as much as possible.

About the only saving grace I can see for the Democrats is that the abortion issue is hitting Republicans hard.

Edited by revolution saint

8 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Obviously hope you're right but people like Scaramucci have done pretty well out of knocking Trump and predicting his demise to an audience desperate to hear it.  CNN, MSNBC and to an extent the BBC lap it up and there's a cast of familiar faces like Scaramucci, Mary Trump and Michael Cohen always on hand to provide it.  It's a comforting little bubble but none of them know what's likely to happen anymore than the rest of us do.

The actions of the Supreme Court are the most worrying aspect - they're doing exactly what Trump wants them to do which is delay as much as possible.

About the only saving grace I can see for the Democrats is that the abortion issue is hitting Republicans hard.

Agree and polls are worrying but I like to have faith that most normal Americans must think how can I vote for this terrible man. 

42 minutes ago, whelk said:

Agree and polls are worrying but I like to have faith that most normal Americans must think how can I vote for this terrible man. 

1) I expect turnout to be relatively low as neither candidate will inspire participation in the democratic process.

2) Number of votes only matters state by state as it is Electoral College votes that count - Hillary Clinton won more votes than Donald Trump but lost the election.

• Like 1

Blatant self interest over country - just like Boris Johnson, Truss and Trump himself.   New York Times:  

Years before he played a lead role in trying to help President Donald J. Trump stay in office after the 2020 election or defended him in two separate Senate impeachment trials, Speaker Mike Johnson bluntly asserted that Mr. Trump was unfit to serve and could be a danger as president.

“The thing about Donald Trump is that he lacks the character and the moral center we desperately need again in the White House,” Mr. Johnson wrote in a lengthy post on Facebook on Aug. 7, 2015, before he was elected to Congress and a day after the first Republican primary debate of the campaign cycle.

Challenged in the comments by someone defending Mr. Trump, Mr. Johnson responded: “I am afraid he would break more things than he fixes. He is a hot head by nature, and that is a dangerous trait to have in a Commander in Chief.”

Mr. Johnson, then a state lawmaker in Louisiana, also questioned what would happen if “he decided to bomb another head of state merely disrespecting him.”

“I am only halfway kidding about this,” he wrote. “I just don’t think he has the demeanor to be President.”

The comments came at a time when many Republicans who would later become loyalists of Mr. Trump were disparaging him and declaring him unfit to hold the nation’s highest office. Only later did they fall in line and serve as the first-line defenders of his most extreme words and actions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/14/us/politics/mike-johnson-donald-trump.html#:~:text=danger as president.-,“The thing about Donald Trump is that he lacks the,debate of the campaign cycle.

Biden’s State of the Union didn’t get much coverage. Guess only deemed newsworthy if he gets confused. The bits I heard seemed decent……and coherent 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 17:41, Lighthouse said:

It's hardly simply. Biden got selected last time by the dems because he was the only electable candidate, so i've my doubts about the democrats waiting in the wings. The one name i've heard mention is Newsom, who's not exactly got much name recognition. My other hunch on him is as nice as California is, is their governor really going to resonate with middle america.

• Like 1

Can’t believe she didn’t want to talk about Jewish space lasers?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/06/marjorie-taylor-greene-emily-maitlis-interview

Although the thick fucker thinks the gestapo were called gazpacho. At least Biden gets mixed up whereas this fawning moron just isn’t very bright

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-gestapo-gazpacho-b2011830.html

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Can’t believe she didn’t want to talk about Jewish space lasers?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/06/marjorie-taylor-greene-emily-maitlis-interview

Uh oh...

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Although the thick fucker thinks the gestapo were called gazpacho. At least Biden gets mixed up whereas this fawning moron just isn’t very bright

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-gestapo-gazpacho-b2011830.html

I can't be the only one forced to eat soup by 1930's styled nationalists. I still shudder at their stony, uncaring expressions as I cried "But, it's not even hot!"

At the Senate hearing into the Special Prosecutor's report the ( former Trump employee ) Special Counsel Robert Hur had to admit that the transcript of his interview with President Biden was accurate in that, despite what was written in the final report, Biden did indeed remember the date of his son's death. In response to being asked the month of his son's death, Biden replied “What month did Beau die? Oh God, May 30,”.  The report says that Biden was asked the year of Beau's death, which he was not.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If ever there was an apt title the "Donald Trump Appreciation Thread" is:

Donald Trump has entered the ranks of the world’s 500 richest people after shares in his social media company surged on their Wall Street debut. Shares in Trump Media and Technology, the company behind Mr Trump’s Twitter rival Truth Social, rose by more than 50pc after it arrived on the Nasdaq exchange through a merger with a listed cash shell. This values Mr Trump’s majority stake in the company at more than $5.5bn (£4.3bn), sending his estimated net worth to more than $8bn.

...ka-ching...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

...ka-ching...

Doesn't change the fact he is a thick, narcissistic, megalomaniac, with the faintest of grips on reality, and an awful example of humankind.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Doesn't change the fact he is a thick, narcissistic, megalomaniac, with the faintest of grips on reality, and an awful example of humankind.

Is that a description of Trump or Guided Missile??

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

who could soon be the worlds most powerful man again, maybe not as thick as you think. 

14 minutes ago, mack rill said:

who could soon be the worlds most powerful man again, maybe not as thick as you think. 

No, he is thick as pig shit - what does that say about the morons who would vote for him ?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

...ka-ching...

He's not that rich yet, it's a paper evaluation. I believe he has to wait 12 months before he can sell his shares - by which time the value will have doubtlessly tanked.

11 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

He's not that rich yet, it's a paper evaluation. I believe he has to wait 12 months before he can sell his shares - by which time the value will have doubtlessly tanked.

6 months wait, actually, unless he gets the combined company’s new board of directors to vote to allow Trump to sell his shares earlier than that. And the board is set to include his son Donald Trump Jr., as well as Linda McMahon and Robert Lighthizer, who were members of his administration.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

No worries, he's found a foolproof way of plugging that gap in his finances - he's adding Bible Salesman to his CV:

RDT_20240326_2100133758388633871501607.thumb.jpg.a335ff21fba2fd508e2ba15b9a0e224b.jpg

Just imagine being such a fucking idiot as to actually support this shameless grifter. 

• Like 1