Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

It's all a load of confected bollocks. A load of noise was made about the apocalypse, nuclear war and insurrection and then at the end of his term the new president was in charge just like it always is. I'm happy to wager any amount you like that if Trump gets in the exact same thing will happen this time. Trump is an egotist and a ridiculous human being, he's not some maniacal super villain. His opponents give him way too much credit.  

To some degree yes, but Putin is getting excited and Ukraine are terrified which should tell you whether this is good or bad for the world 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

It's all a load of confected bollocks. A load of noise was made about the apocalypse, nuclear war and insurrection and then at the end of his term the new president was in charge just like it always is. I'm happy to wager any amount you like that if Trump gets in the exact same thing will happen this time. Trump is an egotist and a ridiculous human being, he's not some maniacal super villain. His opponents give him way too much credit.  

I agree that some doomsday predictions are too far fetched, but nothing I said is confected bollocks. He is favourite to win the Republican nomination, in with a big chance of winning the next election. And if he does the idea of not limiting presidential terms will rise again. There is nothing outrageous about that, it was talked about by supporters of Reagan, Clinton and Obama.

The limit of two terms always felt a bit weird to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fan The Flames said:

I agree that some doomsday predictions are too far fetched, but nothing I said is confected bollocks. He is favourite to win the Republican nomination, in with a big chance of winning the next election. And if he does the idea of not limiting presidential terms will rise again. There is nothing outrageous about that, it was talked about by supporters of Reagan, Clinton and Obama.

No presidential term limits are going to be changed by Trump. It doesn't matter how much you try and overstate the dangers to pretend he's something he isn't. At the end of his second term if he does get in and then the next president gets in power, feel free to come back and tell me how wrong I was. Or not. 

40 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

He will be a president, not a dictator. He can't (and wont) just do what he likes. The hype around him is madness, as Hypo has stated.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

No presidential term limits are going to be changed by Trump. It doesn't matter how much you try and overstate the dangers to pretend he's something he isn't. At the end of his second term if he does get in and then the next president gets in power, feel free to come back and tell me how wrong I was. Or not. 

14 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He will be a president, not a dictator. He can't (and wont) just do what he likes. The hype around him is madness, as Hypo has stated.

You two need to start reading posts a bit more. I never said he will be a dictator or that Trump will change the constitution, I said the doomsday stuff is far fetched.

I said the notion of changing the term limits will be talked about, by political commentors and supporters, just like it was under previous presidents.

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

His own words were that he would be a “dictator for only one day” if elected. 

He intends to target his rivals, “the vermin” day one if elected, and a potential presidential candidate saying they would be a dictator even for one day is terrifying. When the man himself brings it up diminishing it as madness is frankly the mad part. 

Edited by farawaysaint
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

You two need to start reading posts a bit more. I never said he will be a dictator or that Trump will change the constitution, I said the doomsday stuff is far fetched.

I said the notion of changing the term limits will be talked about, by political commentors and supporters, just like it was under previous presidents.

OK then so trump might make a stupid remark about term limits and some commentators or social media freaks might. That's not really different when any president is in power then other than the fact that trump makes more than the average stupid comment. In practice it doesn't change anything. 

1 hour ago, farawaysaint said:

He intends to target his rivals, “the vermin” day one if elected, and a potential presidential candidate saying they would be a dictator even for one day is terrifying. When the man himself brings it up diminishing it as madness is frankly the mad part. 

"drain the swamp" and then he did feck all when in power which is pretty much what he will do if he gets a second term. If he gets in there will be a load of screeching, gnashing of teeth and crying from the same people as last time and the outcome will be broadly similar. Trump will continue to say stupid stuff because he's essentially all mouth and no trousers who didn't even expect to win last time. He had ample opportunity during his last four years to do all the things that some people on here and Twitter are wetting themselves over and he did none of it. No changing of the constitution, no nuclear holocaust, no Russia collusion hoax. Like I said, you give him way too much credit. 

45 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

OK then so trump might make a stupid remark about term limits and some commentators or social media freaks might.

Mitch McConnell, and a few others among the senior leadership of the Republicans, are opposed to term limits and have stated their desire to repeal the 22nd Amendment.

Edited by badgerx16
Get the right GOP leader
  • Like 2

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Lyndsey Graham, and a few others among the senior leadership of the Republicans, are opposed to term limits and have stated their desire to repeal the 22nd Amendment.

Lynsey Graham has said loads of ridiculous things he's a joke in America. Earlier I said I'd be happy. To wager an amount to charity if term limits were changed if Trump gets a second term. I'm happy to offer that to anyone who thinks differently. It's not going to happen clearly just like nuclear war and everything else predicted during the first term didn't happen either. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Lynsey Graham has said loads of ridiculous things he's a joke in America. Earlier I said I'd be happy. To wager an amount to charity if term limits were changed if Trump gets a second term. I'm happy to offer that to anyone who thinks differently. It's not going to happen clearly just like nuclear war and everything else predicted during the first term didn't happen either. 

I put the wrong name in the post you quoted, but the gist is the same. I agree it is most unlikely, as the previous 50+ attempts to amend the Amendment have all floundered.

Just now, badgerx16 said:

I put the wrong name in the post you quoted, but the gist is the same. I agree it is most unlikely, as the previous 50+ attempts to amend the Amendment have all floundered.

Good then we agree. There's some Democrats with absolutely ridiculous views as well and they have thus far failed to enact constitutional change too. Thankfully the system seems to work rather well in that regard. I'd much rather trump wasn't the nominee but it's for the American people to deicde. That's democracy and some of the wretched predictions about what he is going to do are just laughable. There are controls in place and a process for a reason. 

11 hours ago, farawaysaint said:

I guess he'll be saving that for the last day, just like last time!

• Like 1

On 02/01/2024 at 14:22, hypochondriac said:

I don’t think Ukraine would see it that way and neither do others - see front page of Independent https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-67878546

Hopefully we never find out but much of the world would much rather take the risk. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

I don’t think Ukraine would see it that way and neither do others - see front page of Independent https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-67878546

Hopefully we never find out but much of the world would much rather take the risk. 

Refusing to continue to fund a foreign war with an indeterminate end date is a legitimate political policy to have- whether anyone on here agrees with it or not. It's hardly the rogue dictator in the style of North Korea like someone on here was suggesting. 

Trump is an excellent example of how dumb people have become in their political outlook. They make a decision on the person, not what he/she does or stands for. Biden is the worst President ever by far, but so many prefer him to Trump because he speaks like a president. Terrible outlook.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

58 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Trump is an excellent example of how dumb people have become in their political outlook. They make a decision on the person, not what he/she does or stands for. Biden is the worst President ever by far, but so many prefer him to Trump because he speaks like a president. Terrible outlook.

In what way is Biden "the worst President ever" ? How does he compare to Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, or Andrew Johnson? These 3 came in the bottom 5 of a poll of academics and historians asked to rated all US President's up to 2021, along with a certain Donald J Trump.

https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurvey2021/?personid=20967

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

In what way is Biden "the worst President ever" ? How does he compare to Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, or Andrew Johnson? These 3 came in the bottom 5 of a poll of academics and historians asked to rated all US President's up to 2021, along with a certain Donald J Trump.

https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurvey2021/?personid=20967

Well how about funding this Jewish moon lasers? Or offering children to paedos if they buy two large pizzas?

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Well how about funding this Jewish moon lasers? Or offering children to paedos if they buy two large pizzas?

Surely you have to say Israeli moon lasers ?

Edited by badgerx16

On 05/01/2024 at 00:07, east-stand-nic said:

You started very well with your first sentence, but went down hill alarmingly after that.

That's quite an achievement with only four sentences.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

If DT did nothing wrong why is he seeking immunity.

In preparation for a second term and his vengeance against those that stole the last election, starting with Mike Pence and Brad Raffensberger .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Just one more hurdle for the orange one and then he's probably back at the White House.

So glad I don't live in the US, but it's so much fun to watch!

It is not fun when you think how empowered Putin and others will become.

i still want to be optimistic that whilst he dominates Republican Party it is the swing voters he needs to win. 
Polls show that if Democrats put up anyone other than Biden then they would win.

23 minutes ago, whelk said:

It is not fun when you think how empowered Putin and others will become.

i still want to be optimistic that whilst he dominates Republican Party it is the swing voters he needs to win. 
Polls show that if Democrats put up anyone other than Biden then they would win.

I'd they put up someone younger and intelligent then they have a very good chance of winning. That means ditching Biden obviously. If they can't do that then they deserve to lose. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, egg said:

The article is based on Trump giving a shiny shit about running the country, which, as we know from last time, he doesn't.

Fortunately the Senate will provide the common sense and Trump still won't be able to override them.

As president of the US, the only agenda that Trump will want to follow is satiating Trump's ego, just like the last time, that and making more money.

The man is a convicted rapist, should be behind bars for numerous offences and who clearly was behind an insurrection is going to contest the next presidential election. This is beyond bizarre and for those deluded souls who think that he is just a pussy cat and not a really bad thing for America and the rest of the world really needs a reality check. The bloke is dangerous. Throughout history we have seen what unhinged narcissists with unlimited power can do. America and the world got away with it once but the man has had a taste of unlimited power, refused to give it up and if anyone thinks that he will not be worse this time, good luck with that. The world is a much more dangerous place now and having a deluded man baby anywhere near the conflicts in Ukraine and the Middle East is the stuff of an Austin Powers movie. That is where it belongs.

Since Cameron we have had a series of Prime Ministers in this country who should be nowhere near power and the country and the vast majority of its inhabitants are paying the price. The problem here is when a superpower like the US has someone at the helm who is deeply unsuited and definitely unhinged, it is the rest of the world who could end up paying the price.

(I love it when I get laughing emojis from the pile on crowd. It shows I must be on the right track)

Edited by sadoldgit
😂
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Trump reckons he can stop the wars in Ukraine and the Middle East "in one day'. The last time he negotiated a peace treaty was with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

TBF to Trump, Biden has blood on his hands for that one

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Just one more hurdle for the orange one and then he's probably back at the White House.

So glad I don't live in the US, but it's so much fun to watch!

it's very amusing watching SOG work himself up into a frothy mess over it all that's for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Trump reckons he can stop the wars in Ukraine and the Middle East "in one day'. The last time he negotiated a peace treaty was with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Ukraine aren't going to win this, likewise Russia aren't going to win.

Something needs to happen to resolve the stalemate, but I don't believe Trump has the statesmanship to get the job done. 

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Something needs to happen to resolve the stalemate, but I don't believe Trump has the statesmanship to get the job done. 

Congratulations on managing to get the words "Trump"' and "Statesmanship" in the same sentence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You could easily swap Ukraine and Russia for Isreal and Palestine it your post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

You could easily swap Ukraine and Russia for Isreal and Palestine it your post.

Not sure thats true.  Israel and Palestine is about two separate peoples who hate each other, both with a legitimate claim to the same land. No one really has a complete answer. 

Ukraine is just about some short, big ego guy who wants to rebuild an Empire. When he goes the problem pretty much goes.  

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, buctootim said:

Not sure thats true.  Israel and Palestine is about two separate peoples who hate each both with a legitimate claim to the same land. No one really has a complete answer. 

Ukraine is just about some short, big ego guy who wants to rebuild an Empire. When he goes the problem pretty much goes.  

Ukraine might, but still nutters behind Putin, same as there are behind Trump in the equally unhinged Republican Party https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/19/conscription-warning-nato-braces-all-war-russia-20139749/

Ben Wallace had previously predicted a major conflict by 2030. I hope your version is how the future actually pans out.