88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/08/2023 at 10:53, Picard said:

Looks like he wants as many people as possible to see it.

"Never surrender!' screams the orange oaf, immediately after he surrenders to the county jail for his mug shot.

BTW, if my brother sends me the turd's mug shot mug as Christmas present, I'll have to make use of it the same way as I did with the other "hilarious" gift he sent me a few years ago.

image.thumb.png.67f477812aa74700a19f6bf3acdf5445.png

• Haha 2

Looks like they just can't get enough of the Trump in 'Merica.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66632882

Donald Trump's election campaign says it has raised $7.1m (£5.6m) since his police mugshot was taken at a prison in Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday.

Much of the money comes from merchandise such as mugs, T-shirts and drink coolers bearing the former president's scowling face.

1 hour ago, east-stand-nic said:

Interesting, but entirely predictable comments. I wonder, who would know more about USA economics and state of affairs, an American who lived and worked there, or one of us?

See Dark Munster's posts on this subject ?

However, Trump as one of Putin's most useful assets / idiots is something we need to be aware of. Mr "I can stop the war in one day" would sell out Ukraine in a heartbeat.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

On 27/08/2023 at 04:05, east-stand-nic said:

Interesting, but entirely predictable comments. I wonder, who would know more about USA economics and state of affairs, an American who lived and worked there, or one of us?

Good point, it's easy to ridicule Trump from afar, without having experienced his America, but I can confirm that most of the comments on this thread are indeed correct.

• Like 3

Well, the minds and eyes are totally closed to the reality of it all then. Fact is Trump is an ass, that I cannot deny but he was running the country and world far better than Biden ever will and that dear chaps is a fact. Every single American I meet says the exact same thing. Not one of them would ever vote Biden.

• Haha 10

50 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Well, the minds and eyes are totally closed to the reality of it all then. Fact is Trump is an ass, that I cannot deny but he was running the country and world far better than Biden ever will and that dear chaps is a fact. Every single American I meet says the exact same thing. Not one of them would ever vote Biden.

More voted for Biden than Trump, more voted for Hilary Clinton than Trump.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Every single American I meet says the exact same thing. Not one of them would ever vote Biden.

Says something about you, not about Trump or Biden. The US is split pretty much 50:50 between Republicans and Democrats. And of the Republicans around half say they wont vote for Trump. 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not quite sure why East Stand Nic struggles with facts. Perhaps its because he only likes his own alternative ones. 

Real fact.  The Republicans have only won the popular vote in a Presidential election once in 35 years  - George W Bush's re-election in 2004. Both Al Gore in 2000 and Hilary Clinton in 2016 got more votes but lost the electoral college. Like real grown up candidates they accepted the loss 

It's only the orange clown, the wannabe King for life, that cant accept democratic votes, except when he benefits from them.     

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Do you regularly attend redneck sex parties?

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, OldNick said:

It is sad that a nation of such a large population comes up with Biden and Trump!!! 

Seems to me the Ukrainians will not want Trump to win. I expect the russian bots will be on override on the US social media trying to push him.

Of the Republican wannabes it seems to me only Nikki Haley (maybe) is both able and stable. For the Democrats, Joe Biden clearly shouldnt be running again.   Does make you wonder if western liberal democracy has much of a future if the entire field drawn from 350 million people doesn't throw up a really strong candidate. 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Seems the toxic paints and materials in the old East Stand at the Dell might have not been healthy for the brains of some Boomers

• Haha 3

Borrowed from REDDIT;

“Sure, Trump is a rapist, a racist, a fascist who wants to destroy our democracy and install himself as a dictator. He sells American secrets to anyone with a pulse and cozies up to our enemies while shunning our allies. He refused to listen to the intelligence community while believing everything that Putin said without hesitation. He retaliates against anyone who dares criticize him and has constant public meltdowns on the internet. He used the office of the President for personal financial gain. He got a shit ton of people killed by ignoring the covid pandemic. He was impeached twice and is currently awaiting trial for a laundry list of crimes on the state and federal level. He tried to steal an election, refused to participate in the peaceful transition of power, and is directly responsible for an insurrection against the United States. But you see, Biden is old. Therefore they are exactly the same.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

So as ever just a load of name calling and silliness, not one answer as to what Biden has done that is so good. I assume you all love the fact he promotes teaching kids as young as 6 about sex in schools. As someone said above about me, perhaps this tells us a lot about you.

If you are trying to make this about who is more preferable between the two, there is really no contest. But this thread is about Donald Trump and his complete inability to tick any box about being a half decent human being, quite apart from being a half decent and competent POTUS.

But as you asked, Biden will not go down as the greatest ever POTUS, but he will also not be remembered as the worst. That honour will go to a certain Donald J Trump.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

So as ever just a load of name calling and silliness, not one answer as to what Biden has done that is so good. I assume you all love the fact he promotes teaching kids as young as 6 about sex in schools. As someone said above about me, perhaps this tells us a lot about you.

This is just a nonsense strawman argument. This thread isn't about Joe Biden, it's about Donald Trump. Just because many people recognise him for what he is - a lying, corrupt, morally-bankrupt, narcissistic psychopath - doesn't necessarily mean they automatically support his opponent in the last election. If you want to ask about people's opinions on Biden, he has his own dedicated thread here.

You were the one who made the claim that Trump ran the country (and the world 😕) better than Biden ever could. Why don't you support your case with some evidence of what Donny did that was so good? Then we can have a proper debate about it.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Biden doesn't have to be "good", he just has to be better than Trump. It may be a shit choice, but it's the one they are faced with, and the fact that Trump is even in the race is a condemnation of US politics.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

This is just a nonsense strawman argument. This thread isn't about Joe Biden, it's about Donald Trump. Just because many people recognise him for what he is - a lying, corrupt, morally-bankrupt, narcissistic psychopath - doesn't necessarily mean they automatically support his opponent in the last election. If you want to ask about people's opinions on Biden, he has his own dedicated thread here.

You were the one who made the claim that Trump ran the country (and the world 😕) better than Biden ever could. Why don't you support your case with some evidence of what Donny did that was so good? Then we can have a proper debate about it.

It's always a straw man argument when you cannot counter what has been said. Never mind, I will leave you all to it and keep supporting those who call for kids as young as 6 to be taught about sex. Biden and his cohorts are all communist perverts. Trump maybe an ass, but he had the best interest of his country and most of the world at heart. But this is a left leaning forum, so no way anyone will ever agree even if they know it is true. So, I am outta here.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

It's always a straw man argument when you cannot counter what has been said. Never mind, I will leave you all to it and keep supporting those who call for kids as young as 6 to be taught about sex.

I don't 'support' Biden, because I'm not American and I don't have a horse in this race, but just because I think Trump is an unhinged lunatic with the emotional intelligence of a toddler, you assume I do and thus dismiss anything I say on that basis. Therefore, it is a strawman argument because you are attacking a position that I'm not defending.

And anyway, when did Biden say he thinks kids as young as 6 should be taught about sex? I agree, that is too young, but I can't find any evidence that this ever even happened. So it looks like it's yet another strawman argument.

7 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Biden and his cohorts are all communist perverts. Trump maybe an ass, but he had the best interest of his country and most of the world at heart. 

At least you're not even pretending to have even the slightest degree of objectivity here. You're obviously so heavily blinkered by your blatant political bias that it's really not worth even trying to address these two ridiculous claims at face value.

6 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

But this is a left leaning forum

Are you quite sure about that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I don't 'support' Biden, because I'm not American and I don't have a horse in this race, but just because I think Trump is an unhinged lunatic with the emotional intelligence of a toddler, you assume I do and thus dismiss anything I say on that basis. Therefore, it is a strawman argument because you are attacking a position that I'm not defending.

And anyway, when did Biden say he thinks kids as young as 6 should be taught about sex? I agree, that is too young, but I can't find any evidence that this ever even happened. So it looks like it's yet another strawman argument.

At least you're not even pretending to have even the slightest degree of objectivity here. You're obviously so heavily blinkered by your blatant political bias that it's really not worth even trying to address these two ridiculous claims at face value.

Are you quite sure about that?

The only one showing political bias is you. I have conceded Trump is an ass, but you deny even knowing basic stuff that has been publicized loads. You are either in denial or have no knowledge. Either way, you are the one showing bias without reason. Here endeth the lesson.

Edited by east-stand-nic
forgot text

5 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

The only one showing political bias is you. I have conceded Trump is an ass, but you deny even knowing basic stuff that has been publicized loads. You are either in denial or have no knowledge. Either way, you are the one showing bias without reason. Here endeth the lesson.

OK so I watched the video. The book referred to is aimed at kids aged 10 and over (the pastor literally says that in his interview), and at no point during this clip is Joe Biden's name even mentioned.

So how exactly does that answer my question?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Your evidence of Biden being a whack is a video entitled 'Pastor goes off on school board over graphic sex book' 

Do you know the difference between the President of the United States and a locally elected committee? You know Sunak doesnt choose the library books at Millbrook Secondary right? 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

It's always a straw man argument when you cannot counter what has been said. Never mind, I will leave you all to it and keep supporting those who call for kids as young as 6 to be taught about sex. Biden and his cohorts are all communist perverts. Trump maybe an ass, but he had the best interest of his country and most of the world at heart. But this is a left leaning forum, so no way anyone will ever agree even if they know it is true. So, I am outta here.

Another broken promise.

3 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

As soon as the 'communist pervert' card is played I know the author's opinion is worthless.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Yet Trump supporters are happy with their fascist pervert.

Ive never seen the book but it is listed on Amazon where 2,275 reviews have given it a rating of 4.6. Jeff Bezos, the richest man alive is a communist pervert. Who knew? 

• Like 1

On 30/08/2023 at 08:19, east-stand-nic said:

820000 new jobs created and sustained since he took office, deficit reduced by 350bn since inheriting huge debt from Trump and projected to be 1tn by the election. He’s also stood up to Putin on Ukraine because Vladimir doesn’t have dirt on him unlike Donnie. He got a bi-partisan infrastructure package post-Covid for 1.2tn through the Houses to kick start growth and that’s why the unemployment rolls are the lowest since 1969. He’s also recommitted America to being part of the world’s efforts to tackle climate change. 

Oh, and talking about how what you support reflects upon you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Not some crazy fabricated QAnon shit about pizza joints and basements with all the credibility of a chain letter. Simply what the Orange fascist has been doing and saying since 1973.

We won’t even go into the comments on public record about injecting bleach to kill Covid https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Edited by Gloucester Saint
Tn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1