Joe Biden appreciation thread

farawaysaint

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

This is a pretty decent article. Basically, they’re fucked going into the next presidential elections with Biden, Harris will be as bad & The GOP are also fucked because of The Donald. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-11392027/ANDREW-NEIL-Republicans-poised-victory-midterms-huge-political-crisis-beckons.html

Makes our Political situation look quite sane and benign.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Let's play the same game as our Trump supporting, mentally unstable friend and cut and paste an article from a newspaper.

It looks as if the rats (and even the newts 😁) are leaving The Donald's sinking ship. I wonder if the penny will drop for our shit for brains, Pompey Poly , poison peddler.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/03/newt-gingrich-republicans-joe-biden-winning?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

On 05/11/2022 at 06:16, Lord Duckhunter said:

This is a pretty decent article. Basically, they’re fucked going into the next presidential elections with Biden, Harris will be as bad & The GOP are also fucked because of The Donald. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-11392027/ANDREW-NEIL-Republicans-poised-victory-midterms-huge-political-crisis-beckons.html

"A pretty decent article. " 😁😁

Er yes the words were in perfect English, the grammar was correct and the typeface was good. Apart from that it was crap and was very wrong in its predictions. 

Typical Daily Mail. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, whelk said:

Quite the president. Trump wouldn’t even have the bottle to visit Ukraine.  Looking old but actions on economy and strength in foreign policy showing up the cowardly orange weasel.

He's done well. Really hope he decides not to run again though and the Democrats find someone good to replace him. Can't be that hard surely   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2023 at 20:13, buctootim said:

He's done well. Really hope he decides not to run again though and the Democrats find someone good to replace him. Can't be that hard surely   

Buttigieg is probably the Democratic hopeful I am most excited for as he is young and has good ideas. I sincerely doubt he could win over the US electorate given his sexuality though. 

• 1 month later...

I am getting pissed off with a few things - BBC News channel seems to have done nothing except cover his visit for the last couple of days.  Does it really warrant that much coverage?  Secondly Biden keeping on about how Irish he is.  FFS you have to go back to his great great grandfather!  He's not fucking Irish, and if he was then he wouldn't be President.

I'm still missing Outside Source on BBC News channel - Roz Atkins would never have talked about Biden for a whole hour when nothing of any significance actually happened.  Having said that, it's not all bad  - Yalda Hakim is pretty easy on the eye.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, revolution saint said:

I am getting pissed off with a few things - BBC News channel seems to have done nothing except cover his visit for the last couple of days.  Does it really warrant that much coverage?  Secondly Biden keeping on about how Irish he is.  FFS you have to go back to his great great grandfather!  He's not fucking Irish, and if he was then he wouldn't be President.

I'm still missing Outside Source on BBC News channel - Roz Atkins would never have talked about Biden for a whole hour when nothing of any significance actually happened.  Having said that, it's not all bad  - Yalda Hakim is pretty easy on the eye.

What do you expect? We are consumed by everything "USA"

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The Plastic  Paddy thinks the New Zealand rugby team are the Black & Tans, 😂 bringing them up in Eire 🙄. What’s the senile old half wit going to do next on his “homeland” visit, ask Gerry Adams to play his Didgeridoo…..

Not a fan then?

34 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Not a fan then?

He reminds me of my dad, similar age, and both intelligent men in the winter of their lives. One however is an old pensioner bimbling along in a fog of confusion, not really knowing where he is or what day it is, the other is my old man.

Joking aside, it’s one thing getting the grandchildren mixed up, to keep repeating yourself & struggling to remember where your bedroom is, quite another to be leader of the free world. He’s clearly ill and being propped up by the party, just like Brezhnev was in the dark days of the USSR. It’s unbelievable that a country I love & made my home for a few years faced a choice between a halfwit and a halfwit, even more unbelievable that people pretend that Biden is somehow normal. He’s an ill man who couldn’t run a bath let alone a country. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He reminds me of my dad, similar age, and both intelligent men in the winter of their lives. One however is an old pensioner bimbling along in a fog of confusion, not really knowing where he is or what day it is, the other is my old man.

Joking aside, it’s one thing getting the grandchildren mixed up, to keep repeating yourself & struggling to remember where your bedroom is, quite another to be leader of the free world. He’s clearly ill and being propped up by the party, just like Brezhnev was in the dark days of the USSR. It’s unbelievable that a country I love & made my home for a few years faced a choice between a halfwit and a halfwit, even more unbelievable that people pretend that Biden is somehow normal. He’s an ill man who couldn’t run a bath let alone a country. 

From the outset, he’s never struck me as a particularly well person and as you say it’s scary he’s the leader of the free world. As for all this Irish bollocks he’s about as Irish by descent as I am. One great great grandparent who left Co Cork and rocked up in St Mary’s and met and married a bloke from Poole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yet still he is making a better job of it than Donald Trump, as I expect your Dad would do too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Yet still he is making a better job of it than Donald Trump, as I expect your Dad would do too.

It’s a poor benchmark. You can’t get much worse than Trump, and Biden was quite rightly effectively elected on that sort of campaigning. But in himself he’s a pretty poor leader, he’s lacking inspiration, he’s too old, he’s gaffe ridden and he’s not exactly doing anything in his own national politics to make anyone over there think he’s their future, even amongst his own supporters.

It’s kind of akin to uk politics but without the age range. Starmer and Labour have gained enormous traction by having some ideas but also mostly so far by not being Tory. I quite like Starmer, he’s bland and inoffensive(I don’t necessarily mind that) because he’s also obviously very intelligent and a sensible man, and he’s also quite politically savvy. I also think he’s got some decent people behind him, but I’m not sure yet if there’s a huge amount of substance behind him. Labour will be getting my vote for sure, also as Alan Whitehead is a good local MP, but I’m not hugely optimistic that a change of the guard just suddenly solves everything that the Tories have messed up. Labour’s first job is just to get in, then it’s to show how they can make a real difference. I am absolutely more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but just ‘being better than Johnson and Truss’ isn’t anywhere near enough, they’ll prove themselves by getting in and doing something decent. They’ll get elected, I can’t see any other result unless the British public collectively shit themselves again, and after that then we’ll properly see what they’re about. 

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Paddy Biden with his green credentials on a family tour;

757 at Knock

747 at Dublin

747 (backup) in Scotland

2 x Helicopters

the beast and a whole host of cars plus 2 Galaxy C5

6 f15’s 2 f22’s and 2 refuelling aircraft

Because climate change is real

21 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

757 at Knock

747 at Dublin

747 (backup) in Scotland

2 x Helicopters

World leaders’ travel arrangements uncovered

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

757 at Knock

747 at Dublin

747 (backup) in Scotland

2 x Helicopters

Sour grapes lol! Effectively spurned your love idol Sunak for a welcome home party to a progressive forward looking country.

How far will Global Britain fall I wonder with the troglodyte Tories in charge?

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If the choice is between an octogenarian Biden and a terminally narcissistic Trump then I’ll take Biden.  He is not a cult, he is not a narcissist, he is not a liar (at least not in the Trump sense), he does not rely on the support of the dimmest least educated red neck gun touting weirdos the English speaking world possesses for legitimacy.  It’s a poor choice, but sometimes that is the hand you are dealt, and sometimes that is the hand you created.   Bless America!

• Like 8

On 17/06/2023 at 21:49, moonraker said:

If the choice is between an octogenarian Biden and a terminally narcissistic Trump then I’ll take Biden.  He is not a cult, he is not a narcissist, he is not a liar (at least not in the Trump sense), he does not rely on the support of the dimmest least educated red neck gun touting weirdos the English speaking world possesses for legitimacy.  It’s a poor choice, but sometimes that is the hand you are dealt, and sometimes that is the hand you created.   Bless America!

Amazing that after 4 years its still these two as the candidates! 

12 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Amazing that after 4 years its still these two as the candidates! 

Envy of the free world. I might just jump on the 650 mile caravan in Honduras so I can get there and be free to buy a gun 

1. Post crap to try and appear smart and garner attention.
  2. Said crap is easily disproven by others with minimal effort.
  3. Everybody thinks you are dense.
  4. Ask Steve Grant for a new account because nobody is taking you seriously.
  5. Everybody figures out it’s you again within a matter of hours.
  6. Insist you are an entirely new poster called Brett, from Camden.
  7. Return to step 1.

It’s the ciiiiiiiiiiiiiircle….

the lion king GIF by Walt Disney Records

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...