Lighthouse

Man City vs. Saints (LC) - Match Thread

3 across the mid:

RM: JWP

CM: Romeu

LM: Armstrong

Then it's Boufal and Long swapping back and forth to be a 1-1 or a 2 depending on where the ball is.

This has got 0-0 written all over it
10 minutes gone. Only another 8x 10 minutes to go. Penalties here we come...

It's a back 5.

RB: Valary

RCB: Danso

CB: Stephens

LCB: Bednarek

LB: Hojbjerg

a back 10 more like. What a surrender. You'd think it was a non league side up against City, not a team with a £120m wage bill.

We will be lucky if we have 10% possession by the end of this game. How ridiculous is City's squad 10 changes and their 11 is miles better than our best 11.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

a back 10 more like. What a surrender. You'd think it was a non league side up against City, not a team with a £120m wage bill.
Does it matter what our wage bill is? Just because we are paying a load of barely league standard players a lot of money doesn't make our team any good.

I remember us trying to go toe toe, away to city, under Hughes and getting stuffed.

I get that we want to lose in a respectable fashion and not by a huge number...

...but Ralph's negative line ups are annoying. You can get at this city side with their defence. We basically played 3511 v Leicester with the 5 all deep. So negative. ]

We don't have good defenders. The least we can do is form a good attack. Redmond/Boufal/Djenpo/Ings means attacking options they just need games together. You could even play them all some home games.

Adam Blackmore "and man city win ...I mean score" no Adam you where right the first time..

20 minutes we are improving...

Terrible by jwp. Fortunately McCarthy came to the rescue

Embarassing from corner. Just letting them pass to edge of the box with everyone switched off.

We don't seem to have any midfield. JWP is just a passenger, jogging round in circles, chasing shadows.

We are getting battered, barely touched the ball. Be lucky to get away with a 3/4-0 here.
Only 3/4-0 would be an improvement...or did you mean 34 -0...

That game was very reminiscent of the Leicester game. Stood off, too much time and space, pick out a cross and someone wanted to get on the end of it more than we wanted to defend it.

Just down to how much effort city want to put in really.

I worry about Saturday more when they'll be more up for it. Think we can get away with a 3 or 4-0 tonight as they'll get bored.

It's basically game over, we haven't been in their defensive third at all yet and long and Boufal are totally isolated due to the back 8 sitting so deep.

BBC saying players got a warm welcome and Saints fans, although few in number are making themselves heard.

There's 1,000+ up there, that's a decent number all things considered.