Saints vs WBA — Build-up

SuperSAINT

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

Yes. Ralph likes Vestergaard. Only other choice is Redmond or Djenepo to start.

Hasenhüttl doesn't change a winning team usually however dire the circumstances of that win, so it's a pretty safe bet that Vestergaard will play.

Anyway, Stephens needs to up his game a bit to justify selection, he was asleep at the wheel on numerous occasions against Spurs.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
umlaut

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

Yes. Ralph likes Vestergaard. Only other choice is Redmond or Djenepo to start.

Vestergaad may not be the fastest, and he has made mistakes,  but he chalked up a lot of stops when he was playing last season. In the circumstances I think he should start. 

On 02/10/2020 at 17:25, Eric The Red said:
  1. Well I like West Brom, I find their fans (generally) pretty friendly and a definite cut above either Villa or Wolves. Their team however looks pretty bad with a particularly leaky defence, cue a desperate 1-0 or 2-1 defeat 😒

8 hours ago, Wimborne_saint said:

By the sound of this quote from Ralph, Vestergaard in line to start again tomorrow: 

"Jannik’s had some difficult times here, not always supported like is good for a player, but I think he was the best man on the pitch last weekend. Hopefully he can step up this weekend."

On 28/09/2020 at 13:55, adriansfc said:

Interesting game. Got to get past the shit home form and win it. 

WBA are terrible, especially defensively but the Chelsea game highlights how unpredictable this season is. You'd think throwing it away might set them back a bit. 

We can't sit back. Got to just go for them, they're not a side who can defend for 90 mins and hope to sneak a 1-0. Early goal and we'll be fine but I have no faith in our side when anything goes against us. 

Do think fans will have to get used to erratic performances and results. It's going to happen to all clubs. City weren't dissimilar to us v Spurs yesterday. Our squad is still mid table and we'll be fine, but I doubt there'll be any long unbeaten runs. 

Play Boufal. I just want to see him destroy them again! 

At least put him on the bench and bring him on in the second half when the game has creaked to a stalemate!

Edited by eelpie
sp

30 minutes ago, eelpie said:

Play Boufal. I just want to see him destroy them again! 

At least put him on the bench and bring him on in the second half when the game has creaked to a stalemate!

Has to happen.  

Although the Burnley game was poor to watch I believe that RH tactically got it right. We know from the past that Burnley will play it long and after Spurs we sat deeper, with scoring an early goal we then did not have to attack and leave ourselves exposed. Could have more of the same again today but it’s all about 3 points and gaining some confidence. 

12 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

If hes on his way, then its very unlikely. Club wont want to risk him getting injured and scuppering any potential move before the deadline

I know Boufal has been erratic, varying between brilliant to ordinary, but it is a shame that we might not see him in a Saints shirt once more. I get the risk of injury, and we ned the money.

The talk of keeping Boufal is like the talk you have to yourself about your own hoarding cupboards. ''Hmm, I might keep this box....it's got some bits in that may come in use, they might not...but they may finally help with something'. Fast forward another 2 years and that box is still sat there.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is going to be a tough game WBA are no pushovers and they nearly always score goals in their games, hopefully the A team saints turn up not the D team, this is exactly the type of game we usually muck up