Shocking Secret Climate Report by The Pentagon

Guided Missile

We're in the shit, lads. Just when we're escaping the pandemic, the reality of climate change is coming home. The report is reported in the Guardian, here

In summary:

Climate change over the next 20 years could result in a global catastrophe costing millions of lives in wars and natural disasters. A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a ‘Siberian’ climate by 2040. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.
Already, according to Randall and Schwartz, the planet is carrying a higher population than it can sustain. By 2040 ‘catastrophic’ shortages of water and energy supply will become increasingly harder to overcome, plunging the planet into war. They warn that 8,200 years ago climatic conditions brought widespread crop failure, famine, disease and mass migration of populations that could soon be repeated.

Hardly secret news, unfortunately. People have been trying to warn the world about it for years and are being largely ignored by governments.

It will hit home in the UK over the next few years that we are in serious trouble with water shortages causing carnage (particularly in the south east). Water companies have emergency plans in place, but they will not be fit for purpose if we have a particularly hot summer or two. As usual it will be the poorest in society that will suffer the most.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

We're in the shit, lads. Just when we're escaping the pandemic, the reality of climate change is coming home. The report is reported in the Guardian, here

In summary:

Did you not read it or simply not understand it?   Just FYI it was an exposition of an abrupt climate change event that happened previously. Flagging it as an outlying risk not a prediction for the future   

https://www.iatp.org/sites/default/files/An_Abrupt_Climate_Change_Scenario_and_Its_Impl.pdf

19 hours ago, jawillwill said:

Hardly secret news, unfortunately. People have been trying to warn the world about it for years and are being largely ignored by governments.

It will hit home in the UK over the next few years that we are in serious trouble with water shortages causing carnage (particularly in the south east). Water companies have emergency plans in place, but they will not be fit for purpose if we have a particularly hot summer or two. As usual it will be the poorest in society that will suffer the most.

The "News" summary was lifted from a Guardian piece about 17 years ago. I edited the summary, so that rather than 2040 being the date the "climate" emergency was supposed to hit, the article actually predicted the disaster was going to happen in 2020. So funny to read the comments from the usual gormless suspects who couldn't be asked to click the link and read the actual article.

Suckers...

coalition-press-briefing.png

• Like 1

Here's another extract, girls, from the old Guardian article, summarising the Pentagon experts opinion, none of you will read:

• By 2007 violent storms smash coastal barriers rendering large parts of the Netherlands uninhabitable. Cities like The Hague are abandoned. In California the delta island levees in the Sacramento river area are breached, disrupting the aqueduct system transporting water from north to south. 
  • Between 2010 and 2020 Europe is hardest hit by climatic change with an average annual temperature drop of 6F. Climate in Britain becomes colder and drier as weather patterns begin to resemble Siberia.

I know it was a bit parky last night at St. Marys, but hardly Siberia. Still, I've cancelled an upcoming trip to Holland.

16 hours ago, buctootim said:

Did you not read it or simply not understand it?   Just FYI it was an exposition of an abrupt climate change event that happened previously. Flagging it as an outlying risk not a prediction for the future   

https://www.iatp.org/sites/default/files/An_Abrupt_Climate_Change_Scenario_and_Its_Impl.pdf

What did they mean by this paragraph if it was not intended as a prediction?

We have created a climate change scenario that although not the most likely, is plausible, and would challenge United States national security in ways that should be considered immediately.

8 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What did they mean by this paragraph if it was not intended as a prediction?

Is your house insured? Mine is, against accidental damage or destruction. I don't predict an Elephant in a tutu will fall from a plane onto my house, but I'm covered if it does.

Government contingency planning is the same. You plan for things which will probably never happen but would be a worse disaster if they do and you havent prepared. Thames flooding London, nuclear Sellafield exploding, Channel tunnel collapse, comet hitting Winchester.

None of the recommendations in that paper are about preventing sudden climate change - they are about getting earlier warning and contingency planning if it did. 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

On 23/01/2022 at 08:13, Picard said:

Climate change predictions are like Covid predictions - using fear to get the population to obey by giving worst case outcomes.

The difference is that, in addition to fear about the very unlikely event of a "climate catastrophe", the global elite are using scare tactics, to make us pay for "net zero", as if a futile attempt to maintain an atmospheric CO2 concentration of 0.04% is going to limit any future global temperature change. The zero carbon bill to the population will be trillions for those that can least afford it. They're going to have to prise my big f**k off petrol Range Rover, log burner and gas boiler out of my large, uninsulated house. I refuse to join the carbon cult, because it is all bollox (in my scientific opinion). 

2 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

They're going to have to prise my big f**k off petrol Range Rover, log burner and gas boiler out of my large, uninsulated house. I refuse to join the carbon cult, because it is all bollox (in my scientific opinion). 

"Me, me, me."

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

The difference is that, in addition to fear about the very unlikely event of a "climate catastrophe", the global elite are using scare tactics, to make us pay for "net zero", as if a futile attempt to maintain an atmospheric CO2 concentration of 0.04% is going to limit any future global temperature change. The zero carbon bill to the population will be trillions for those that can least afford it. They're going to have to prise my big f**k off petrol Range Rover, log burner and gas boiler out of my large, uninsulated house. I refuse to join the carbon cult, because it is all bollox (in my scientific opinion). 

`I know you think you sound like a macho Alpha Male but you come across as a really sad old fart who's time has passed by.  

42 minutes ago, buctootim said:

`I know you think you sound like a macho Alpha Male but you come across as a really sad old fart who's time has passed by.  

I think the bloke is a raving loony. I have heard that Pompey Poly's finest likes to stick pencils up his nose and say "wibble" whenever he is under pressure.

Edited by Tamesaint

A customer visited my business and told me his son writes papers on climate change. Selling antiques is a very green product and uses little material to add to the worlds waste.

He told me that his son doesnt care for such items but but buys modern furniture. So I couldnt quite square that here is a man who tells us that the world is in dire condition but buys items that are imported form China, to be used for 3-4years to be then changed for more furniture that has to come from China etc etc etc. It is ridiculous these academics preaching and then not following the path they say

8 hours ago, OldNick said:

A customer visited my business and told me his son writes papers on climate change. Selling antiques is a very green product and uses little material to add to the worlds waste.

He told me that his son doesnt care for such items but but buys modern furniture. So I couldnt quite square that here is a man who tells us that the world is in dire condition but buys items that are imported form China, to be used for 3-4years to be then changed for more furniture that has to come from China etc etc etc. It is ridiculous these academics preaching and then not following the path they say

Did your customer actually go into that minute detail or are you just guessing here? Because if you are then this comes across as just an extension of the old "climate activists who don't live in caves and eat nothing but salad are hypocrites" trope.

I don't personally care for antique furniture either to be honest. It's great there is a market for it and that well made old stuff can be recycled in this way, but it's not to my taste. I will, however, always look for something suitable second hand before buying any new furniture. And when we decided to get a new dining table when we moved into our current home in 2014, we got one custom made for us by a local joiner from what we were assured was locally sourced, sustainable wood.

It's a bit of a stretch (and frankly plain wrong) to say that just because someone doesn't like antiques they can't be eco friendly.

11 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Did your customer actually go into that minute detail or are you just guessing here? Because if you are then this comes across as just an extension of the old "climate activists who don't live in caves and eat nothing but salad are hypocrites" trope.

I don't personally care for antique furniture either to be honest. It's great there is a market for it and that well made old stuff can be recycled in this way, but it's not to my taste. I will, however, always look for something suitable second hand before buying any new furniture. And when we decided to get a new dining table when we moved into our current home in 2014, we got one custom made for us by a local joiner from what we were assured was locally sourced, sustainable wood.

It's a bit of a stretch (and frankly plain wrong) to say that just because someone doesn't like antiques they can't be eco friendly.

I didnt mean to imply that, not guessing, the person had filled his home with modern imported items.

I dont care if you or anyone else like antiques ( I was not saying they should buy those) if they wish they should perhaps do what you did look for second hand/recycled alternatives. It is good to see so many young looking in this area of recycling an already manufactured item. I see so much being put on skips it is very sad.

The vast majority of timber is imported and if you have had a pine table made yes that is easily sustainable, oak and hardwoods not so easy as they take so long to grow. Most still is imported and so there are environmental concerns to this. 

Anyway my concern is that people who tell us the way to live perhaps should also look at their own purchasing.