Cost of Living

whelk

16 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Multiply us by the countless others who are tightening their belts also and it will have an adverse affect on many local economies will it not?

You have just shot down my appreciation of your financial clout 😉

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’d have thought the opposite, your local will get busier if you stop going in there. 

Apparently you could well be right Duckie. The landlord has been complaining that fewer of the locals go there regularly since lockdown and they have been replaced by a bunch of boorish non woke types from Ashford. Sounds like your kind of demographic Duckie. Who knows, they might even end up renaming it the Gammon Arms? 😚

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Apparently you could well be right Duckie. The landlord has been complaining that fewer of the locals go there regularly since lockdown and they have been replaced by a bunch of boorish non woke types from Ashford. Sounds like your kind of demographic Duckie. Who knows, they might even end up renaming it the Gammon Arms? 😚

Walter Mitty strikes again! Yeah Im utter sure the landlord described his pub as now being full of “boorish non woke types from Ashford” I bet the far right wing are banging the doors down of pubs in Romney Marsh 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Walter Mitty strikes again! Yeah Im utter sure the landlord described his pub as now being full of “boorish non work types from Ashford” I bet the far right wing are banging the doors down of pubs in Romney Marsh 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am surprised (well, not really) that Sadoldgit is complaining about the 'cost of living'.  He was one of the biggest supporters of continued lockdown and wanted more of it.  

Just cannot believe he is that daft that he is unaware of the financial consequences of doing it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I am surprised (well, not really) that Sadoldgit is complaining about the 'cost of living'.  He was one of the biggest supporters of continued lockdown and wanted more of it.  

Just cannot believe he is that daft that he is unaware of the financial consequences of doing it.

He talks so much bollocks he forgets what he believes in. As long as it’s the opposite of the what the tories have done he’ll support it. Proper weird. 

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Apparently you could well be right Duckie. The landlord has been complaining that fewer of the locals go there regularly since lockdown and they have been replaced by a bunch of boorish non woke types from Ashford. 

Complaining?

My arse.

Far more money to be made from lads necking real ale that you soft arsed Wokies nursing half a shandy and banging on about Boris & Trans issues 

3D043A75-8355-4C17-A0A7-43D564A8F238.jpeg

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Complaining?

My arse.

Far more money to be made from lads necking real ale that you soft arsed Wokies nursing half a shandy and banging on about Boris & Trans issues 

In my experience the real ale drinkers are the hipsters with strange facial hair and they're more left wing too.  I reckon you're a pinko in disguise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Complaining?

My arse.

I guess banging on about UKIP and reciting speeches from the “Iron Lady” is a big draw in your local. Frankly I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Edited by sadoldgit

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

I guess banging on about UKIP and reciting speeches from the “Iron Lady” is a big draw in your local. Frankly I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Just as well you can’t afford to go out for a pint anymore then isn’t it

41 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

And he's been priced out of the 'pin' market.

I had no idea Romney marsh was such a hotbed of nightlife in Kent. When lads from Ashford want a top night out they don’t go to Canterbury, Tunbridge Wells or Maidstone they go to Romney Marsh.

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

I had no idea Romney marsh was such a hotbed of nightlife in Kent. When lads from Ashford want a top night out they don’t go to Canterbury, Tunbridge Wells or Maidstone they go to Romney Marsh.

He could top-up his beer money by 'housing an Albanian'.  They are now the dominant nationality coming across the Channel.

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He could top-up his beer money by 'housing an Albanian'.  They are now the dominant nationality coming across the Channel.

He got quite shirty when we asked if he was taking any Ukrainians, I guess like most things with soggy that’s for others to do whilst he takes his stand by posting on multiple Southampton football forums about what everyone else should be doing

On 25/08/2022 at 13:55, sadoldgit said:

Nobody discusses politics in any boozer I go in. Otherwise we’d get bores like you banging on. Forget about Uncle Albert, I bet every conversation with you starts  “during the evil Tory years of  blah blah blah.” 

18 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The way this country is going, come winter the Channel could well be full of small boats full of Brits heading for The French coast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Nobody discusses politics in any boozer I go in. Otherwise we’d get bores like you banging on. Forget about Uncle Albert, I bet every conversation with you starts  “during the evil Tory years of  blah blah blah.” 

Plenty of “chicks” behind the bar, a picture of the Queen on the wall and white flag with a Red Cross draped above the TV playing GB news all day no doubt though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Might make some of those electric car owners a little less smug...

Ahead of the game here. Got one on order that has a petrol engine which acts as a generator. Wheels always driven by battery. No plugging in needed. Drives like an EV throughout, he says reaching new levels of smugness! Seriously though, I know a few people in the motor trade who work for the likes of Honda, Jaguar/Land Rover dealerships who reckon that hydrogen cell tech is more likely the way forward than EVs in the future.

Edited by Winnersaint

8 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Plenty of “chicks” behind the bar, a picture of the Queen on the wall and white flag with a Red Cross draped above the TV playing GB news all day no doubt though.

Doesn’t sound like any ale house I’d frequent or even visited. I’m surprised such places exist, but you’ve clearly visited some. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Doesn’t sound like any ale house I’d frequent or even visited. I’m surprised such places exist, but you’ve clearly visited some. 

The "Romney Marsh Stronghold" - has a swinging sign outside of a horse and armour clad knight slaying a dragon.

It's been empty since lockdown but apparently has recently started to get quite busy....

2 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Energy prices going up there as well. Ours by 80% .... French by 4%.

Were there's more than ours before this round of increases, or are we just paying so much more than them for whatever reason? 

48 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Government intervention.

Meanwhile here in the UK our prospective new PM has defended fuel company making obscene profits whilst families are worried about paying their bills. 

still if you’re investing in shares then there seems to be no better industry at the moment they’re rolling in it, Harbour the latest to announce huge profits

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/aug/25/harbour-energy-defends-investor-payouts-12-fold-profits

43 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Meanwhile here in the UK our prospective new PM has defended fuel company making obscene profits whilst families are worried about paying their bills. 

And the current Chancellor has issued this piece of astute advice ; "People should use less energy".

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It's amazing how these visionary people can see the problems so much more clearly than you or I.

Anyway, every penny we pay is worth it in the fight with Russia, right?

_126435669_1001hc-dtndt-1-250822-a001c-dt-page-001.jpeg

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Don't revert to your pro-Putin trolling.

The UKPLC nudge unit will start to warn us to be prepared to 'ration' energy.  It will be done in the best way to to maintain support for ploughing money into Ukraine (whilst people will freeze over here).  

is the country ready to tuff it out over the winter?  Are you? Is Sadoldgit?  My answer is NO, and you'll soon be demanding everyone (in the Tory party) is sacked!

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Anyway, every penny we pay is worth it in the fight with Russia, right?

_126435669_1001hc-dtndt-1-250822-a001c-dt-page-001.jpeg

Yes it is but given up hope of you ever comprehending the idea

Edited by whelk
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The UKPLC nudge unit will start to warn us to be prepared to 'ration' energy.  It will be done in the best way to to maintain support for ploughing money into Ukraine (whilst people will freeze over here).  

is the country ready to tuff it out over the winter?  Are you? Is Sadoldgit?  My answer is NO, and you'll soon be demanding everyone (in the Tory party) is sacked!

You clearly won’t be but on the scale of moral fibre I put you at the extreme weak end

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Your World view is all over the place, and your reading of people is wildly off the mark.

1) "Toughing it out over the winter" - yes I am prepared, if it is necessary, and financially we can cope. ( Though I would prefer not to have to ). If your answer is 'NO' then you are admitting that you are willing to sell Ukraine's independence down the river for your own personal, selfish, motives, and at the same time reward Putin's expansionist megalomanical plan to dominate Eastern Europe.

2) "Demanding everyone in the Tory party is sacked" - I am perfectly well aware that we are lumbered with the inept and clueless bunch currently in Government for the remainder of the Parliamentary term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You were clueless as Delldays. You were clueless as Batman. You are still clueless. Why someone who thought that Pelle was crap thinks he has a handle on the national crisis that is about to cripple us is beyond comprehension. Do yourself a favour Jamie and STFU about things that you don’t have a clue about (which, to be frank, is pretty much everything).

• Haha 1

UK aid to Ukraine : £2.3 billion (total, military and financial aid)

UK annual welfare budget (2021/22) : £240 billion

Just to put it in perspective, Ukraine are hardly bleeding us dry. I'm proud of my country (for once).

Edited by kyle04
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, kyle04 said:

UK aid to Ukraine : £2.3 billion (total, military and financial aid)

UK annual welfare budget (2021/22) : £240 billion

Just to put it in perspective, Ukraine are hardly bleeding us dry. I'm proud of my country (for once).

Money made from the sale of Chelsea (which was allegedly all going to Ukraine) : £2.5bn.  So in real terms it is yet to 'cost' us a penny....

10 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

You were clueless as Delldays. You were clueless as Batman. You are still clueless. Why someone who thought that Pelle was crap thinks he has a handle on the national crisis that is about to cripple us is beyond comprehension. Do yourself a favour Jamie and STFU about things that you don’t have a clue about (which, to be frank, is pretty much everything).

world of warcraft legion GIF

Edited by Turkish

10 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I will put you down for a NO