Kamaldeen Sulemana

Sheaf Saint

Sully is a strange one, so strange that RM admitted hes has never played with or coached a player like him. I am sure he is a player with pace and skill to beat any player, even a whole team at times. Stand and watch as he tries this over and over....this is the problem, the TEAM stops when Sully is on the ball, no point in moving in for a pass, a one- two.. he rarely passes. The single mindness to beat his winger and drive to the box leaves no room for variations. 

The thought of playing triangles up the field is lost on him. Thus RM is perplexed on how to play him as he is so single minded in charging forward on his own. 

Sully is brilliant at beating a player, i noticed how our players are looking to get the ball to him as much as possible, sometimes forcing the pass and bypassing the triagle we work on to move the ball up the field. I think they see him in training and know he can beat players for fun with his pace and skill. BUT as others have said he is playing for himself, not as a team. Hopefully he can show he can be a team player, looking for the pass, looking to defend and looking to score from a team effort!

• Like 4

I like him but he's still pretty raw.

As others have said if he could start putting some end product on that raw talent he'd be a hell of a player. He has certainly no problems getting around defenders.

Not sure RM trusts him though.

• Like 1

I think In  a way he’s been very unlucky.. when he got injured he was actually first choice. Since then Arma has been immense on one wing, Fraser took his chance well and now we also have brooks as well as edozie 

with Fraser and brooks you get a ton of end product, frasers shooting is superb and brooks plays killer passes. In a season where every result is crucial they are safer picks. 

But it’s good that we have a different kind of weapon for when we need it ..

i think Martin is tending to prefer the reliable pros for the here and now over utilising our players With the highest ceilings .. same applies to alcaraz and maybe you could add Sam amo..  I can’t blame Martin for doing what’s best for promotion but it’s not been a season that helps our brightest young talents 

On 10/03/2024 at 07:05, HKsaint said:

He is an expensive Djenepo

hadn't thought of Djenepo in quite awhile.

Took a look. He is not exactly tearing it up in Belgium.

• 22 appearances
  • 1432 minutes
  • 1 goal
  • 0 assists

As far as Sulemana - for those who are saying he needs a run of starts under his belt ;  can we risk that?

I am of the opinion a player has to earn his start with the chances given to him, whether it be performance on the training ground or precious minutes during a match. He has certainly not earned it based on the 20 minutes he is getting on the pitch nearly every match.  And i am guessing RM is not exactly seeing a goal machine on the training ground either.

Edited by SaintTex
  • Like 1

On 11/03/2024 at 17:45, pimpin4rizeal said:

I think In  a way he’s been very unlucky.. when he got injured he was actually first choice. Since then Arma has been immense on one wing, Fraser took his chance well and now we also have brooks as well as edozie 

with Fraser and brooks you get a ton of end product, frasers shooting is superb and brooks plays killer passes. In a season where every result is crucial they are safer picks. 

But it’s good that we have a different kind of weapon for when we need it ..

i think Martin is tending to prefer the reliable pros for the here and now over utilising our players With the highest ceilings .. same applies to alcaraz and maybe you could add Sam amo..  I can’t blame Martin for doing what’s best for promotion but it’s not been a season that helps our brightest young talents 

Martin is a plodder and associates himself best with other plodders. A Saints team full of plodders will plod. He can't handle skilful players.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I agree with what Glen said on the podcast......for those who listen to it. Chuck him down the middle for the last 10-15 mins, and get him to do some Walcott-esque kick and chase. All that pace, which is still his biggest asset. Mind you, now i've said that it's clearly not how we'll ever play under Rusty.

4 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Martin is a plodder and associates himself best with other plodders. A Saints team full of plodders will plod. He can't handle skilful players.

Apart from Brooks, Edozie, Fraser, Armstrong?

7 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Hehe a bit harsh maybe .. I do however think he has definitely preferred experience to youth .

in a year where we are chasing promotion I won’t argue against it too much 

but the likes of sulemana alcaraz edozie Charles dibling haven’t really broken through under him ., and I think that’s more to do with preferring experience to them being not good enough 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

but the likes of sulemana alcaraz edozie Charles dibling haven’t really broken through under him ., and I think that’s more to do with preferring experience to them being not good enough 

They have all been given opportunities (to a lesser extent Dibling) during the season, but the more experienced players have generally performed better - which is why they are being selected now. It's not as though Fraser walked into the side. Edozie and Sulemena were picked ahead of him as they were playing better, but Fraser's goals made it hard to not pick him.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chez said:

They have all been given opportunities (to a lesser extent Dibling) during the season, but the more experienced players have generally performed better - which is why they are being selected now. It's not as though Fraser walked into the side. Edozie and Sulemena were picked ahead of him as they were playing better, but Fraser's goals made it hard to not pick him.  

You are correct with all of this .but I still think martin has certainly favoured experience for the here and now over fully unleashing some of our young players .. I mean In the attacking winger positions we could have probably not even brought Fraser and brooks in at all if we wanted to and used sulemana edozie Sam amo and  dibling. The main conflict here is whilst brooks and Fraser have been great you could argue they are blocking the devolopement of the other 4. Charles was a expensive youngster but mainly on the bench  meghoma only getting cup games And alcaraz let go because Martin preferred stuey..

as I said it’s a promotion chasing season so I don’t really have a problem with martins approach here but I do think it’s fair to say he’s favouring experience and loan players who are not ours over some really high potential youngsters 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I do think it’s fair to say he’s favouring experience and loan players who are not ours over some really high potential youngsters 

!00%  Exactly the point I was making.

It's short sighted and will have consequences in the summer.

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2024 at 21:56, waylander said:

Would be a helluva player if he used his left foot for more than standing on

This precisely. He should be put on his own in training kicking a ball against a wall for month with only his left foot. Then moving onto ball exercises with left foot only. He might be able to take part after that. I cannot understand how you can pick a player who has his head permanently down and is totally one footed. Surely we should be coaching him first… 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

!00%  Exactly the point I was making.

It's short sighted and will have consequences in the summer.

Get real mate. Sulemana isn't good enough and the youngsters are worse - we are trying to get promoted here!

2 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Get real mate. Sulemana isn't good enough and the youngsters are worse - we are trying to get promoted here!

I don’t believe this .. many people on here was raving about Sam amo Being our best prospect since bale,, likewise people raved over dibling in the cup.. sulemana was preferred over doku by many of the fans at his last club .. and alcaraz was arguably our best player in the premiership at the back end of last season..

i agree we are going for promotion but to make out they are all rubbish is wrong 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I don’t believe this .. many people on here was raving about Sam amo Being our best prospect since bale,, likewise people raved over dibling in the cup.. sulemana was preferred over doku by many of the fans at his last club .. and alcaraz was arguably our best player in the premiership at the back end of last season..

i agree we are going for promotion but to make out they are all rubbish is wrong 

I'm not saying they are rubbish but if you can't see that Fraser and Brooks are streets ahead then I don't know what to tell you.

6 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

I'm not saying they are rubbish but if you can't see that Fraser and Brooks are streets ahead then I don't know what to tell you.

“Isn’t good enough and the youngsters are worse” is a bit like saying they are rubbish.

im not really arguing about who’s better here more the fact that out of a pool of cracking looking young players such as alcaraz,sully,Sam amo, dibling,Charles,meghoma  can you say any of them have come on leaps and bounds under russ ?

they have had some chances sure but I think the depth in front of them is probably hindering their progress somewhat ..

nathan tella wasn’t doing doing much for us while here albeit in a higher league but came totally good when getting week in week out game time