Kamaldeen Sulemana

Sheaf Saint

Sulemana is not gash, and the  Club's sale of Tella was good business - remember he never scored a goal in his Prem appearances.  The slow build up/possession style employed by Martin does not suit Sulemana's pace and skills - he is often double teamed by the time the ball arrives to him and the opposition defence is well set.    if the tempo and style of play was altered, he would thrive.   Have a look back at the brace he scored v Liverpool - and don't fall for the last game of the season with nothing resting on the outcome.narrative...his goals showed a touch of class.

Just to address Osvaldorama's claim about "can't cross or shoot",   I've seen at least three goal assists and many incisive passes and crosses which our attacking players just haven't capitalised on.    

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Sulemana is not gash, and the  Club's sale of Tella was good business - remember he never scored a goal in his Prem appearances.  The slow build up/possession style employed by Martin does not suit Sulemana's pace and skills - he is often double teamed by the time the ball arrives to him and the opposition defence is well set.    if the tempo and style of play was altered, he would thrive.   Have a look back at the brace he scored v Liverpool - and don't fall for the last game of the season with nothing resting on the outcome.narrative...his goals showed a touch of class.

Just to address Osvaldorama's claim about "can't cross or shoot",   I've seen at least three goal assists and many incisive passes and crosses which our attacking players just haven't capitalised on.    

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1449920935438023

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, austsaint said:

He crosses and passes to empty spaces.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I got that wrong then...good on him.  I don't dislike Tella as a player, and I'm glad he got his move and is doing ok.     Yet, my memory tells me he got plenty of minutes at Prem level with us and never really looked quite up to standard.  I also think that the sale price the Club received for Tella was good.  Don't give up on Sulemana is my suggestion - he is, and will be a good player.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Have you conveniently ignored all the ones that didn’t?

Probably 😃.   I admit he's been a frustrating player at times, under Martin.     But in the right set up and style of play he is capable of boosting our promotion chances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Probably 😃.   I admit he's been a frustrating player at times, under Martin.     But in the right set up and style of play he is capable of boosting our promotion chances.

So how does that help, given we have the current set up and style of play? If he isn't suited to Martin's set up and style, then he won't do well this season and so won't boost our promotion chances. We would be better off with someone that does suit. I think he has flattered to deceive so far, but then most thought that about Mane when he joined, and he seems to have done quite well for himself. By the way I can't see that Tella has done particularly well since he left, 2 goals and no assists in 12 apps, is not exactly ripping it up.

2 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

So how does that help, given we have the current set up and style of play? If he isn't suited to Martin's set up and style, then he won't do well this season and so won't boost our promotion chances. We would be better off with someone that does suit. I think he has flattered to deceive so far, but then most thought that about Mane when he joined, and he seems to have done quite well for himself. By the way I can't see that Tella has done particularly well since he left, 2 goals and no assists in 12 apps, is not exactly ripping it up.

My preference would be for Martin to mix up his possession based, play out slowly from the back style in favour of a quicker tempo and the option of counter attacking.  This would not only benefit Sulemana but also Alcaraz, KWP and both Armstrongs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, austsaint said:

We swapped one of the best attacking players in the championship for a sulky brat who can’t cross or shoot. 

It was terrible business

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, austsaint said:

I got that wrong then...good on him.  I don't dislike Tella as a player, and I'm glad he got his move and is doing ok.     Yet, my memory tells me he got plenty of minutes at Prem level with us and never really looked quite up to standard.  I also think that the sale price the Club received for Tella was good.  Don't give up on Sulemana is my suggestion - he is, and will be a good player.

What's his record at PL got to do with anything? We play in the championship. He ripped the championship up last season, got him "for free" this summer and we let him go.

Ridiculous decision, particularly when his replacement is fucking Sulemena, who is so overhyped its unreal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Personally him being injured is a huge huge blow .. his pace really gives the opposition something to think about, makes their fullbacks scared to attack.. him being in the team has coincided with our great run of form . Gutted he’s out :(

Is it correlation or causation ?. Looking at the facts he played half the terrible game against Leicester, half the loss to Ipswich, he also wasn’t on the pitch when we scored winners against Bristol, Hull, Millwall and West Brom. 
He was great against Leeds and I’d argue was the winning difference there, the rest ? Honestly not convinced if he didn’t play in any of them our results would be any different. And that is the problem for me - Tella was the winning difference against Sheffield Wed and Plymouth on his 3 games for us - that is the impact we need.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hodgey said:

Is it correlation or causation ?. Looking at the facts he played half the terrible game against Leicester, half the loss to Ipswich, he also wasn’t on the pitch when we scored winners against Bristol, Hull, Millwall and West Brom. 
He was great against Leeds and I’d argue was the winning difference there, the rest ? Honestly not convinced if he didn’t play in any of them our results would be any different. And that is the problem for me - Tella was the winning difference against Sheffield Wed and Plymouth on his 3 games for us - that is the impact we need.

Certainly didn't miss him today. If anything we were better without him. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Certainly didn't miss him today. If anything we were better without him. 

I could be crazy but I really don’t think his attitude helps the team at all. His stroppy / sulky mannerisms make us worse. Plus he dribbles down blind alleys and rarely passes.

Must be very frustrating to play with. Today we looked much more cohesive. Everyone was working for each other and playing with a purpose that I dont think Sulemana possesses (yet)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

I could be crazy but I really don’t think his attitude helps the team at all. His stroppy / sulky mannerisms make us worse. Plus he dribbles down blind alleys and rarely passes.

Must be very frustrating to play with. Today we looked much more cohesive. Everyone was working for each other and playing with a purpose that I dont think Sulemana possesses (yet)

He is a kid in fairness. I think Martin is right to be a bit miffed at his lack of flowing instructions. He's clearly incredibly talented and if he can focus his attributes on helping the team the other day he should tear up the league. 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Yep. Also Mayuka and Tadanari Lee. 

Mayuka wasn't signed until after we were promoted. I think Tadders would have been a regular fixture, without his injury too. I seem to remember him starting a string of games after his Derby wonder goal, including that win at Leeds. What I wouldn't give to have Lambert, Lee, Connolly, Sharp, Barnard and Guly to choose from now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Mayuka wasn't signed until after we were promoted. I think Tadders would have been a regular fixture, without his injury too. I seem to remember him starting a string of games after his Derby wonder goal, including that win at Leeds. What I wouldn't give to have Lambert, Lee, Connolly, Sharp, Barnard and Guly to choose from now.

We certainly had a much more varied attacking group. Attacking signing needed in January for definite. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

We certainly had a much more varied attacking group. Attacking signing needed in January for definite. 

Yes, this looks highly likely, whether Adams goes or not. Wonder if they’ll try for Brereton-Diaz on loan - him and Adam Armstrong could be an interesting pairing for SFC. 

• 2 months later...

https://x.com/JustSaints_/status/1759612253391761761?s=20

just thought I’d highlight this as he seems too he getting a lot of hate lately ..

still has the best successful dribbling stats in the league . He needs game time  but think the potential is still high 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

11 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

just thought I’d highlight this as he seems too he getting a lot of hate lately ..

still has the best successful dribbling stats in the league . He needs game time  but think the potential is still high 

Where are the end product stats? 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

90% of his dribbling stats equate to him ending up in a blind ally or in the opposite direction of the opponents goal. Worthless stats.

He needs to do way, way more - as has been the case since he signed here for £23m.

• Like 4

People were saying the same about Edioze not so long ago and he's turned it around.  Sulemana has loads of potential but hasn't had a solid run in the first team, mainly this season due to injury.  However he was by far our most dangerous looking player at the start of the season before he got injured.

People are far too quick to write players off.  There's a potentially brilliant player in Sulemana

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

People were saying the same about Edioze not so long ago and he's turned it around.  Sulemana has loads of potential but hasn't had a solid run in the first team, mainly this season due to injury.  However he was by far our most dangerous looking player at the start of the season before he got injured.

People are far too quick to write players off.  There's a potentially brilliant player in Sulemana

He may come good in the future. Or he may not. I’ve seen nothing yet that makes him warrant a place in the team.

Certainly not what we need as a sub on Tuesday evening.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

I think the difference with Edozie is that although his end product isn't great (it has improved) I think he knows what he wants to do with the ball. I'm not sure Sulemena does. 

With his pace and skill he should be doing more in this league. I think he just lacks a bit of football intelligence. 

Theo Walcott stated that KS is by far the quickest and most skillful player in the side but even in training he always had this habit of beating someone, slowing down and trying to beat them again, rather than just doing the basics once you've got into a good position. 

Edited by Harry_SFC

Unfortunately, like many fast players, his feet are far too quick for his brain. He needs to learn when to turn on the afterburners and when to ease off on the throttle. Do that and I think he'll become a much better player. He is trying to do everything at 100mph and he doesn't need to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barsiem said:

I think the difference with Sulemana is the fee - our record, 23m. And also because there's no time on anyone's side here, he will use us as a transport vehicle to another European club in the summer - so you do have ask what is the point of giving him any opportunity, might as well put all faith into SAA and Edozie at this stage.

Edozie is a player who will grow with us, and is being allowed to do just that. Sulemana is just passing through, that's why I find it hard to have patience with him.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I didn’t rate Boufal, but he was a different class than this dud.

I liked Boufal. I like Sulemana too.

Sure, he hasn't impressed this season and has a lot of developing still to do, but if we are creating fuck all in the play off semi final, he's the ideal player to turn to off the bench to change the game.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

I liked Boufal. I like Sulemana too.

Sure, he hasn't impressed this season and has a lot of developing still to do, but if we are creating fuck all in the play off semi final, he's the ideal player to turn to off the bench to change the game.

based on what? How many games has he changed in his time with us so far?

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I think the difference with Sulemana is the fee - our record, 23m. And also because there's no time on anyone's side here, he will use us as a transport vehicle to another European club in the summer - so you do have ask what is the point of giving him any opportunity, might as well put all faith into SAA and Edozie at this stage.

Edozie is a player who will grow with us, and is being allowed to do just that. Sulemana is just passing through, that's why I find it hard to have patience with him.

I think that’s a bit unfair. Both of him and edozie have joined us to showcase themselves .. if either of them light up the premier league next season neither will show any loyalty .

Think sulemana would be happy enough to stay next season if we are in the premiership and he’s part of the first team plan.  

Must be frustrating for him though at the moment, when he got injured he was first choice lw, since then Fraser grabbed his chance with both hands and we went on a 25 match unbeaten run. Now he finds himself 3rd choice on the left behind Fraser and edozie and third choice on the right behind Arma and brooks. If it stays this way you could see why him or his agent might be looking for somewhere else next season 

that injury just did his saints career no favours whatsoever and now he’s limited to cameos off the bench 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Must admit I expected more from him as per the fee. The thing I look at is the Leeds lads, Gnotto and Summerville. I fully expected Sulemana to be at the level they are at in the Championship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I think that’s a bit unfair. Both of him and edozie have joined us to showcase themselves .. if either of them light up the premier league next season neither will show any loyalty .

Think sulemana would be happy enough to stay next season if we are in the premiership and he’s part of the first team plan.  

Must be frustrating for him though at the moment, when he got injured he was first choice lw, since then Fraser grabbed his chance with both hands and we went on a 25 match unbeaten run. Now he finds himself 3rd choice on the left behind Fraser and edozie and third choice on the right behind Arma and brooks. If it stays this way you could see why him or his agent might be looking for somewhere else next season 

that injury just did his saints career no favours whatsoever and now he’s limited to cameos off the bench 

His agent might look elsewhere but it's going to be impossible for us to get any decent fee back for him considering he's not exactly proven he's a level above the Championship this season. 

I suspect we will end up loaning him out next season and probably the season after that. 

1 hour ago, Block41 Saint said:

His agent might look elsewhere but it's going to be impossible for us to get any decent fee back for him considering he's not exactly proven he's a level above the Championship this season. 

I suspect we will end up loaning him out next season and probably the season after that. 

He’s not gonna prove he’s above this level from the bench .hes only had like 9 starts this season and injuries either side .

right now though promotion is priority not keeping him happy and Fraser deserves his spot.. we could maybe give him a run on the right if Armstrong’s form doesn’t pick up but there’s also brooks now ..

we are just stacked in these positions at the moment.. dibling looks a great prospect also and it’s looking seriously hard for him to break through with this bunch in front of him 

i just don’t think it means sulemana isn’t good enough .. he’s just found himself in this position after the injury . And every time he gets 20 minutes and doesn’t make a impact the fans are turning against him more 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

Sulemana needs a starting position he isn't a  supersub he's a quality player he just needs to build with the game not be chucked in the deep end with bricks tied to his ankles. We have supersubs in dozier, mara and frazer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

He’s not gonna prove he’s above this level from the bench .hes only had like 9 starts this season and injuries either side .

right now though promotion is priority not keeping him happy and Fraser deserves his spot.. we could maybe give him a run on the right if Armstrong’s form doesn’t pick up but there’s also brooks now ..

we are just stacked in these positions at the moment.. dibling looks a great prospect also and it’s looking seriously hard for him to break through with this bunch in front of him 

i just don’t think it means sulemana isn’t good enough .. he’s just found himself in this position after the injury . And every time he gets 20 minutes and doesn’t make a impact the fans are turning against him more 

Pretty sure you said that Adam Armstrong - 30 starts in the Premier League - was "never given a chance".

I think we can confidently say that Sulemana will never ever be given a chance based on your expectation of what a chance is.

There is huge competition for places in his role right now, and he is way down the pecking order. He needs to actually do something when he gets his sub appearances. Just like Fraser did, just like Edozie has, just like Brooks has, just like Rothwell has.

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Pretty sure you said that Adam Armstrong - 30 starts in the Premier League - was "never given a chance".

I think we can confidently say that Sulemana will never ever be given a chance based on your expectation of what a chance is.

There is huge competition for places in his role right now, and he is way down the pecking order. He needs to actually do something when he gets his sub appearances. Just like Fraser did, just like Edozie has, just like Brooks has, just like Rothwell has.

Exactly that - Fraser being the prime example, impacting every game he came into before eventually forcing himself into starting. Edozie has done the same as well.

I'm yet to see Sulemana impact a game for us as a sub, that's a huge problem. He has a lot of pace, quickest player in the league I'm sure, but it's pretty meaningless if he doesn't know how to use it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Everything about him says 'I don't care about this club'. While I don't necessarily want players thumping the badge, you see Fraser playing with real passion, you see Edozie trying his best, SAA really going for it and yet Sule gives an air of can't be arsed. Combine that with someone who's got no end product and he's got something to prove. He's not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

based on what? How many games has he changed in his time with us so far?

only based on what I have seen so far - he can go past a player like they are not there and he has electric pace. Those two facets make him very dangerous and has at the very least changed how some opposing teams have played with fullbacks forced to give up on their attacking duties.

He has had an impact in some games. Maybe not a huge one, and he may not have changed a game so far, but I think given time he will be a match winner for us.

Have you given up on him then Turkish? He certainly has been poor in several games and overall has failed to live up to the price tag.

• Like 1