Kamaldeen Sulemana

Sheaf Saint

6 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Bazunu, Lyanco, Hoedt, Vestergaard, Perraud, Diallo, Lemina, Moi, Sulemana, Carillo, Onuachu.

Gunn, Caleta-Car, Bella-Kotchap, Salisu, Charles, Boufal, Mara, Djenepo, Stewart

We’ll never know exact figures, but by my reckoning that’s c. £270m spent… with next to nothing in return.

Shockingly bad. And you can add that lunatic Dani "Headbutt" Osvaldo to that sorry list.

11 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Bazunu, Lyanco, Hoedt, Vestergaard, Perraud, Diallo, Lemina, Moi, Sulemana, Carillo, Onuachu.

Gunn, Caleta-Car, Bella-Kotchap, Salisu, Charles, Boufal, Mara, Djenepo, Stewart

We’ll never know exact figures, but by my reckoning that’s c. £270m spent… with next to nothing in return.

Can I add Edozie and Larios on the bench please.  And maybe Orsic too.....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, malcolm waldron said:

Can I add Edozie and Larios on the bench please.  And maybe Orsic too.....

Fucking hell, I forgot about him 😂

As much as Sulemana has been a bit (bit being an understatement) of a let down, I think he's been criminally under used this season. 

A player like him, a bit off the cuff - limited techinical ability, but quick and direct, simply doesn't suit a Russell Martin team. He's a luxury player, but one who could have made the difference this season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

As much as Sulemana has been a bit (bit being an understatement) of a let down, I think he's been criminally under used this season. 

A player like him, a bit off the cuff - limited techinical ability, but quick and direct, simply doesn't suit a Russell Martin team. He's a luxury player, but one who could have made the difference this season. 

But he has no end product - no final pass or shot.  He's got pace and some tricky feet - but no awareness or game intelligence -and his positioning is terrible.

And I get the impression he doesn't really want to learn those things - or out the work in to get better. He seems to think he is the best there is already.

How we managed to pay the best part of £25M for a player who only played 34 games and scored 5 goals across 2 season with Stade Rennais in the French Ligue 1 is beyond me. They are terrible stats.  We paid more than double what he was worth.  For potential I guess - but based on what!?

42 games and 2 goals - and maybe one or two assists - for Saints.

I just hope we can get more than £10M back for him when we sell him in the summer - whether we go up or stay in the Championship we need better players than Sulemana.

Even if we paid £5M for him it would still have been a waste of money.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dman said:

He'd do well for Leeds, who break at pace and try to score goals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rebel said:

But he has no end product - no final pass or shot.  He's got pace and some tricky feet - but no awareness or game intelligence -and his positioning is terrible.

And I get the impression he doesn't really want to learn those things - or out the work in to get better. He seems to think he is the best there is already.

How we managed to pay the best part of £25M for a player who only played 34 games and scored 5 goals across 2 season with Stade Rennais in the French Ligue 1 is beyond me. They are terrible stats.  We paid more than double what he was worth.  For potential I guess - but based on what!?

42 games and 2 goals - and maybe one or two assists - for Saints.

I just hope we can get more than £10M back for him when we sell him in the summer - whether we go up or stay in the Championship we need better players than Sulemana.

Even if we paid £5M for him it would still have been a waste of money.

Pretty similar to all of our other wingers then - especially Edozie. 

22 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Clubs will always sign dudds, it's impossible to get it right with every signing - But we've got it back to front since 2017 with more dudds than success. 

If we go back to the Koeman days - Long, VVD, Mane, Pelle, Tadic, Toby, Bertrand - decent output from all of those. But we also signed some dudds like Juanmi, Cedric, Gardos etc. Even back to our Championship/L1 days - Puncheon, Fonte, Hammond, Cork, Lambo, Jaidi, Chappers - huge players for us. But we also signed Ryan Dickson, Danny Seaborne, De Ridder etc.

I'm still nervous about our scouting as we still threw £20m down the pan in the summer really, we should have had much better return for our investment - but once again we cocked up the big signings.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Clubs will always sign dudds, it's impossible to get it right with every signing - But we've got it back to front since 2017 with more dudds than success. 

If we go back to the Koeman days - Long, VVD, Mane, Pelle, Tadic, Toby, Bertrand - decent output from all of those. But we also signed some dudds like Juanmi, Cedric, Gardos etc. Even back to our Championship/L1 days - Puncheon, Fonte, Hammond, Cork, Lambo, Jaidi, Chappers - huge players for us. But we also signed Ryan Dickson, Danny Seaborne, De Ridder etc.

I'm still nervous about our scouting as we still threw £20m down the pan in the summer really, we should have had much better return for our investment - but once again we cocked up the big signings.

Its a bit harsh to describe Cedric as a dud. While he wasn't at the same level as Clyne he was an important player in 2015/16, a season we are unlikely to see us match any time soon and won the Euros.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

Its a bit harsh to describe Cedric as a dud. While he wasn't at the same level as Clyne he was an important player in 2015/16, a season we are unlikely to see us match any time soon and won the Euros.

And was then signed by Arsenal  , ridiculous to call Cedric a dud. 

The Euros were won by a team that had half Saints back 4, incredible really  

• Like 4

Wow he’s taking some flak in here .. I’d still like to give him more of a chance .. 

sure his end product had been poor but his appearances have mainly been off the bench since injury ...

a player that can beat their man as easily as he can could certainly turn this round and become a weapon 

the 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Wow he’s taking some flak in here .. I’d still like to give him more of a chance .. 

sure his end product had been poor but his appearances have mainly been off the bench since injury ...

a player that can beat their man as easily as he can could certainly turn this round and become a weapon 

the 

This is no time to be playing any passengers. He’s had plenty of chances to show what he can do when there was no pressure.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

the 

Of course he’s taking some flak, he’s our record signing and he’s sh*te in the Championship.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

the 

What do you expect he’s been shite and then posts some bollocks about being able to unpick picks 100 times 

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

the 

Hi Kamaldeen; how's Leeds on a Friday evening?

• Haha 2

He missed a good chance (getting into a good position for it), wasn't as smart or physical as Adams. But, made some decent runs, we looked to pick him out, playing more central relies less on him taking on players and delivery than in pace and attack.

Something to work on, and makes us more versatile.

• Like 4