Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

5 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Why? They've been Lutons first choice RB's the past two seasons. No reason why they aren't good enough for us. Not sure Bree fully suits the style but ability wise they are more than capable at this level.

I think the main thing is if they can play the inverted full back role that Martin wants. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Why? They've been Lutons first choice RB's the past two seasons. No reason why they aren't good enough for us. Not sure Bree fully suits the style but ability wise they are more than capable at this level.

If Bree does not suit our style of play, why would the other Luton RB?

14 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Let's be honest, Bree is an ok player but he doesn't look comfortable in this system at all, so will never be first choice.

Drameh got subbed on and then off again after 20 minutes because he was so poor at the weekend. I know it's only 1 game but doesn't fill you with confidence. 

Edited by Harry_SFC

7 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Interesting question in twitter. If you had the choice would you rather keep the rest of the players now but not sign anyone else or buy and sell players as normal. I think I'd go for the first option given the choice. 

Keeping KWP, ABK, Sulemana and Che would be brilliant, assuming all aren't totally fucked off with the club for stopping them move to bigger and better paid things. 

We don't get better when replacing KWP. 

Totally understand should some/all depart though.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Let's be honest, Bree is an ok player but he doesn't look comfortable in this system at all, so will never be first choice.

Drameh got subbed on and then off again after 20 minutes because he was so poor at the weekend. I know it's only 1 game but doesn't fill you with confidence. 

Dramas was played at LB when he came on and Farke said he was to blame for that.

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

Keeping KWP, ABK, Sulemana and Che would be brilliant, assuming all aren't totally fucked off with the club for stopping them move to bigger and better paid things. 

This. 100% would prefer what we’ve got to any more selling/replacing. Can’t believe there’s anyone (sensible) who would prefer otherwise. But the reality is that it’ll be the latter, so we’ll see what happens.

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Interesting question in twitter. If you had the choice would you rather keep the rest of the players now but not sign anyone else or buy and sell players as normal. I think I'd go for the first option given the choice. 

Keep who we have, sign no one else.

I’d feel confident we’ve got enough about us to have a real challenge.

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I think I'd want another CB if Stephens is out long term. Yes Charles can play there but essentially if we don't bring Wood (or another CB) in then we are going into the no-Stephens period with just Jan and Holgate as CBs (aside from youngsters). Other than that I'd be happy with the squad as it is. 

29 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Drameh came on as a 24th minute sub against Ipswich on saturday.

First bit of pressure he faced he gave a no look pass back to the keeper which was intercepted and Ipswich scored.

Farke then hooked him off at halftime because he said he couldnt handle the pace of Wes Burns.

Yep, he seems to be exactly what we need for our possession based system

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

If Bree does not suit our style of play, why would the other Luton RB?

Two very different players. The very little I saw of Drameh last season reminded me of Tino a little bit, aggressive defending 1 on 1 and an athlete. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

I think I'd want another CB if Stephens is out long term. Yes Charles can play there but essentially if we don't bring Wood (or another CB) in then we are going into the no-Stephens period with just Jan and Holgate as CBs (aside from youngsters). Other than that I'd be happy with the squad as it is. 

You get ABK if the squad stays as is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Drameh came on as a 24th minute sub against Ipswich on saturday.

First bit of pressure he faced he gave a no look pass back to the keeper which was intercepted and Ipswich scored.

Farke then hooked him off at halftime because he said he couldnt handle the pace of Wes Burns.

Yep, he seems to be exactly what we need for our possession based system

He's got a whole body of evidence about him you could look at but if you want to be lazy and go for his most recent twenty minute spell then good for you.

Edited by Fabrice29

6 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

That's not what was asked though. Go into the season with the squad as it is or buy and sell as usual? 

11 minutes ago, Chez said:

Think ABK and Sulemana are recovering from injuries (supposedly) so might well have to prove their fitness before anyone is prepared to offer a contract. Guess Saints coud loan them to reduce wages, but probably better to keep them at least until Xmas window. If they play well Saints could get extra points and their value will increase. ABK from what I saw is a PL level player so if his shoulder is repaired would be worth keeping if promotion looks viable, rumaours of him going to a Geram club make sense.  Sulemana who knows, only really had one good game when the pressure was off, if Saints could get a little more than they paid for him I think it might be best to ship him on with a sell on in case he turns into a valuable asset.

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

That's not what was asked though. Go into the season with the squad as it is or buy and sell as usual? 

Well now Kraken reminded me that we still have ABK then definitely keep the squad. I highly doubt that if we sell Sulemana, ABK, KWP and Adams (all very likely still) that we will bring in players of the same quality, so it's a no-brainer. 

7 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Two very different players. The very little I saw of Drameh last season reminded me of Tino a little bit, aggressive defending 1 on 1 and an athlete. 

Interestingly on the Coaches Voice video with RM talking through the Swansea double over Cardiff when he was there he actually spoke quite a bit about Drameh who was playing for Cardiff at RB. Was raving about how athletic he is and that he is a very good presser (and how they actually played around him because he was always drawn forward to press). He also said they targeted their build up to the Cardiff left side because Drameh was strong on the right.

Certainly seems a fan of his, and his numbers are actually pretty decent.

https://fbref.com/en/players/e0d1510a/scout/365_m2/Cody-Drameh-Scouting-Report

• Like 2

Just now, hypochondriac said:

If this is our Adams replacement then this could derail our season given how many vital games we have in the next month or two. Will we even know for sure that his injury hasn't affected his game? 

I trust we would do a thorough medical before agreeing to sign him.

Many people on here told us Ings would be a waste of money because he was a busted flush following his major injuries. Our medical team obviously knew better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

He's got a whole body of evidence about him you could look at but if you want to be lazy and go for his most recent twenty minute spell then good for you.

So his current form isnt relevant?

To be sub subbed is pretty embarassing. And now a promotion rival is happy to move him on because they dont rate him highly enough.

He doesnt improve us and would be a massive downgrade on KWP if thats what we're thinking

• Like 1

Just now, woodsaint1 said:

So his current form isnt relevant?

To be sub subbed is pretty embarassing. And now a promotion rival is happy to move him on because they dont rate him highly enough.

He doesnt improve us and would be a massive downgrade on KWP if thats what we're thinking

Alcaraz had a piss poor 60 minutes on Saturday, you writing him off based on his current form as well?  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Interestingly on the Coaches Voice video with RM talking through the Swansea double over Cardiff when he was there he actually spoke quite a bit about Drameh who was playing for Cardiff at RB. Was raving about how athletic he is and that he is a very good presser (and how they actually played around him because he was always drawn forward to press). He also said they targeted their build up to the Cardiff left side because Drameh was strong on the right.

Cardiff POTS probably don't go unnoticed by Swansea scouts too.

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I trust we would do a thorough medical before agreeing to sign him.

Many people on here told us Ings would be a waste of money because he was a busted flush following his major injuries. Our medical team obviously knew better.

are players actually injury prone, or is it just bad luck that they get multiple injuries over a period of time?

36 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Interesting.  KWP is a cheat-code in this league — but Drameh is a really good championship right-back. 

Edited by SuperSAINT
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Yeah he's been highly rated for a while and has proven himself at this level. No idea why Leeds don't fancy him but they have a weird obsession over Luke Ayling. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Alcaraz had a piss poor 60 minutes on Saturday, you writing him off based on his current form as well?  

Didnt realise Alcaraz was sub subbed and is being replaced by a new signing because we dont think hes good enough

10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If this is our Adams replacement then this could derail our season given how many vital games we have in the next month or two. Will we even know for sure that his injury hasn't affected his game? 

Great player but this is my concern as well. We have a crucial run of tough games and I wouldn't want to be going into them with Che gone and his replacement on the treatment table. Even when fit he'll need time to get up to speed. It's a tricky one because he does look exactly the sort of striker we need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Yes. I think I read that he's likely to be back around October which is obviously a problem (maybe match fit by November.)

Ah. Didn't realise. Yeah that could be problematic, especially if we do sell Che and he is being signed as the replacement.