Phill v Holly - Guest starring Ched Evans

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not a fucking chance he knows that.  I genuinely think he believes there will be some sort of trial which will prove his point that PiP Did NOt BrEAk ThE LAw.

I think you’re right, he clearly doesn’t understand. Matthew McGreevey didn’t start working for itv until he was 18, so any “evidence” that this enquiry may find will likely not include anything before that time. So, if Schofield had a relationship with him beforehand (and what the extent of that relationship was) shouldn’t form any part of this enquiry.

28 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I think you’re right, he clearly doesn’t understand. Matthew McGreevey didn’t start working for itv until he was 18, so any “evidence” that this enquiry may find will likely not include anything before that time. So, if Schofield had a relationship with him beforehand (and what the extent of that relationship was) shouldn’t form any part of this enquiry.

It is claimed that Schofield was involved with a theatre company that McGreevey joined when he was 11, and started following McGreevey when he opened his Twitter account aged 15, although there is no evidence that Schofield did anything other than follow McGreevey, or that he responded to McGreevey's tweets aimed at him.

Just now, badgerx16 said:

It is claimed that Schofield was involved with a theatre company that McGreevey joined when he was 11, and started following McGreevey when he opened his Twitter account aged 15, although there is no evidence that Schofield did anything other than follow McGreevey, or that he responded to McGreevey's tweets aimed at him.

Yep, I’ve read that too, Schofield is/was a patron and visited regularly as it was based locally. It definitely seems that there’s a reasonable possibility that Schofield knew, or at least met, McGreevey from a very young age. It also seems to be the case that Schofield followed him on Twitter just after he turned 15. The rest is fill in the blanks.

But wait until the enquiry. Or something.

3 hours ago, egg said:

Behave. He friended the lad when he was a kid. Gained his trust. Got him a job. Made the first move. On a kind assessment he abused a position of trust, something he all but acknowledges in the BBC interview. On a balanced assessment he knew exactly what he was doing, and got what he wanted in the end.

In the BBC interview he describes the lad as 'vulnerable'. The fact is that the lad always was. 

Anyone defending this bloke should hang their heads, and playing the homophobia card is pathetic. 

Only Schofield and the other man know what went on, the events we know about could ease a predatory peado grooming a child, or it could just explain how the two guys met. I’ve never defended Schofield, just don’t think we know enough at the moment to say he is a nonce. 

50 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Only Schofield and the other man know what went on, the events we know about could ease a predatory peado grooming a child, or it could just explain how the two guys met. I’ve never defended Schofield, just don’t think we know enough at the moment to say he is a nonce. 

Apart from saying 9 times on this thread he hasn’t done anything illegal you’ve not defended him once

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Apart from saying 9 times on this thread he hasn’t done anything illegal you’ve not defended him once

I don’t have a clue wether he has done anything illegal or not, neither do you. That’s been my point all along, only he and the other man know what went on. 

Just because I’m not jumping up and down screaming peado doesn’t mean I am defending what he did, I’m just going by what we know as facts. If the other guy was groomed and abused then we will find out more facts if it goes to court of if he comes out and gives an alternative account of what went on. Which he may well do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I don’t have a clue wether he has done anything illegal or not, neither do you. That’s been my point all along, only he and the other man know what went on. 

Just because I’m not jumping up and down screaming peado doesn’t mean I am defending what he did, I’m just going by what we know as facts. If the other guy was groomed and abused then we will find out more facts if it goes to court of if he comes out and gives an alternative account of what went on. Which he may well do.

Why does he have to be "proven" to have done something illegal before we are allowed to show any kind of disgust?

It's not about man on man action, it's about the fact that he lied, repeatedly, to cover his tracks because he decided he was too selfish to own up and believed he could get away with cheating.

If I found out one of my neighbours had done the same thing with a male / female half their age and lied to everyone about it, I'd hold them in the same contempt.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why does he have to be "proven" to have done something illegal before we are allowed to show any kind of disgust?

It's not about man on man action, it's about the fact that he lied, repeatedly, to cover his tracks because he decided he was too selfish to own up and believed he could get away with cheating.

If I found out one of my neighbours had done the same thing with a male / female half their age and lied to everyone about it, I'd hold them in the same contempt.

I have said he is wrong, is creepy and a rat - do you have problems reading or something?

He’s obviously a scum bag but calling him a nonce and comparing him to Saville etc, from what we know at the moment is bollocks. Saville raped kids, it looks like Scofield had a consensual relationship with a 20 year old man. Unless more info comes to light I don’t think it’s right giving him that label.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

I have said he is wrong, is creepy and a rat - do you have problems reading or something?

He’s obviously a scum bag but calling him a nonce and comparing him to Saville etc, from what we know at the moment is bollocks. Saville raped kids, it looks like Scofield had a consensual relationship with a 20 year old man. Unless more info comes to light I don’t think it’s right giving him that label.

I haven't called him a nonce - second time I've pointed this out to you - do you have problems reading or something?

Nice that you now think he is a scumbag - do you still think it's 'all the other guy's fault' though?

Edited by Weston Super Saint

12 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Depends if he deliberately tried to cover it up and persistently lied to his wife, children, colleagues, and the press about it. Also, whether the relationship started when the woman was a 15 year old girl and he was in a position of influence and control. The gender and sexuality of the 'other party' in this situation is irrelevant.

Yes yes but apart from all that soggy is right. There wouldn’t be a pile on if it was an older bloke with a younger women and all that didn’t happen would there

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I haven't called him a nonce - second time I've pointed this out to you - do you have problems reading or something?

Nice that you now think he is a scumbag - do you still think it's 'all the other guy's fault' though?

You are just making stuff up now, I have never said it was the other guys fault. Only Scofield and the guy know what went on.

31 minutes ago, aintforever said:

You are just making stuff up now, I have never said it was the other guys fault. Only Scofield and the guy know what went on.

I’d give it up if I were you mate. That is what the pile on gang do all the time. They misrepresent what you say to fit their own narrative and seem to spend their time looking for someone to jump on because that is what gets them off. The bloke has been hung drawn and quartered already when all he has been proven to have done is lied about a consensual affair. The rest is pure conjecture and assumption but that is enough for the hard of thinking to paint him as another Jimmy Savile. Even if the independent investigation clears him, they have made up their minds and he will always be the bloke that groomed a 15 year old and a “nonce”. Witch hunters gotta find a witch to hunt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I’d give it up if I were you mate. That is what the pile on gang do all the time. They misrepresent what you say to fit their own narrative and seem to spend their time looking for someone to jump on because that is what gets them off. The bloke has been hung drawn and quartered already when all he has been proven to have done is lied about a consensual affair. The rest is pure conjecture and assumption but that is enough for the hard of thinking to paint him as another Jimmy Savile. Even if the independent investigation clears him, they have made up their minds and he will always be the bloke that groomed a 15 year old and a “nonce”. Witch hunters gotta find a witch to hunt. 

And friending the lad when he was a kid, then getting him the job he wanted, then making the first move on him in his dressing room, then lying about it, then conceding that the lad is vulnerable, etc. But yeah, you twist the facts to suit your narrative SoG.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Bit like when a commission found the UK wasn’t institutionally racist and you were incandescent with rage at the rigged report that produced the wrong outcome?

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

Nah, you're right, you've never said that - my humble apologies to you.

Oh, wait, maybe there was this one time when you said it though....

On 01/06/2023 at 16:30, aintforever said:

Grooming is the act of befriending and manipulating, is there any evidence that happened? The other guy might have been the one making all the moves, we just don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Bit like when a commission found the UK wasn’t institutionally racist and you were incandescent with rage at the rigged report that produced the wrong outcome?

Bit like when a footballer's appeal was succesful and he was released from jail and vindicated, yet soggy still refused to believe he wasn't a rapist. 

• Like 2

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

Yep... accuse other people of making assumptions, but make assumptions that fly in the face of facts. I'd love to understand why people are desperate to fight the blokes corner.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, egg said:

And friending the lad when he was a kid, then getting him the job he wanted, then making the first move on him in his dressing room, then lying about it, then conceding that the lad is vulnerable, etc. But yeah, you twist the facts to suit your narrative SoG.

Did you actually listen to what Schofield said? If what he says is true there was no grooming and nothing happened until CONSENSUAL sexual encounters happened when other person was 20./21. Yes he was in his  20’s. Do you honestly think that older people and younger people never get it together?

The problem here, even if you can’t see it, is that a bloke has had his life destroyed on the basis of what a bunch of people assume that happened even without a shred of actual evidence.

While we are on the subject of older people taking advantage of younger people, how do you feel about the likes of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Bill Wyman, David Bowen and John Peel having sexual relations with 13 and 14 year old girls (by their own admission). These people were children, not 20 year olds. Why aren’t you and the pile on club calling them paedophiles and demanding that they get cancelled like Schofield?

One rule for girls and another for boys??

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I said ‘might have’ as in we don’t know the details. You really do have trouble reading don’t you?

15 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

The problem here, even if you can’t see it, is that a bloke has had his life destroyed on the basis of what a bunch of people assume that happened even without a shred of actual evidence.

No, his life has been destroyed by his own lies and deceit.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Did you actually listen to what Schofield said? If what he says is true there was no grooming and nothing happened until CONSENSUAL sexual encounters happened when other person was 20./21. Yes he was in his  20’s. Do you honestly think that older people and younger people never get it together?

While we are on the subject of older people taking advantage of younger people, how do you feel about the likes of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Bill Wyman, David Bowen and John Peel having sexual relations with 13 and 14 year old girls (by their own admission). These people were children, not 20 year olds. Why aren’t you and the pile on club calling them paedophiles and demanding that they get cancelled like Schofield?

John Peel is dead. I don’t think you can get much more cancelled than that.

52 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You are so lost on this subject it is unreal.

Perhaps you should stick to defending Anti-Semites, it seems to be the only thing you are good at recently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Is this about you trying to prove you are not homophobic?

• Like 4

Must admit news coverage seems overkill. Never watched the programme but to be portrayed as if some national treasure we all tune into has fallen from grace. Well housewives and the unemployed maybe. At least the annoying twat isn’t on the we buy any car adverts anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

What a load of old pony.

I’m starting to thing you haven’t actually understood what’s happened.  His life hasn’t been destroyed because he’s had relationships with a young lad, but because he lied about it to his employers & work colleagues and there appears to have been a cover up. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Must admit news coverage seems overkill. Never watched the programme but to be portrayed as if some national treasure we all tune into has fallen from grace. Well housewives and the unemployed maybe. At least the annoying twat isn’t on the we buy any car adverts anymore.

Cancel Culture.....whilst I think Phil to be wrong-un...the news coverage has been way OTT...

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Yes. And I understood them. You plainly didn't. 

I see that you're banging on about the pile on club still. It seems like you're the leader of the gang of the 'pile on' support for the bloke. Well done you. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

But we do know the details.  Schofield told us them or did you struggle with reading that?

What, details like there was nothing sexual about their relationship until they kissed when the guy was 20 years old.

Yeah, that’s just like Jimmy Saville. :lol: 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

sometimes I wonder if soggy and aintclever are. just trolling us and outwitting us all. Then i read threads like this and it reminds me they really are both thick as fuck

To be fair, we are not the ones comparing him to Saville and labelling him a peado for having what looks like a consensual relationship with a 20 year old. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

sometimes I wonder if soggy and aintclever are. just trolling us and outwitting us all. Then i read threads like this and it reminds me they really are both thick as fuck

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

To be fair, we are not the ones comparing him to Saville and labelling him a peado for having what looks like a consensual relationship with a 20 year old. 

I think you might be right.  They are clearly on another intellectual plain completely.  I hope for their sake that it is WAY above everyone else, but suspect it isn't.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I think you might be right.  They are clearly on another intellectual plain completely.  I hope for their sake that it is WAY above everyone else, but suspect it isn't.

Coming from the likes of you I take that as a compliment. I genuinely do.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, egg said:

I see that you're banging on about the pile on club still. It seems like you're the leader of the gang of the 'pile on' support for the bloke. Well done you. 

Soggy's tolerance to Shofe must mean he believes that the wrong-un hates the Torys

19 hours ago, The Kraken said:

John Peel is dead. I don’t think you can get much more cancelled than that.

And they've cancelled the John Peel stage at Glastonbury this year too. 

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Talking of intellectual - it's 'plane' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, egg said:

You don’t believe in innocent until found guilty then? That doesn’t include being found guilty by members of a witch hunt mob by the way. Just to remind you again, he has not been charged with any offence nor found guilty. It is not an offence to have a sexual relationship with a consenting adult. If things change and different information comes out to change things, so be it, but at the moment he has not done anything illegal. Not sure how many more times this needs to be pointed out to you and the mob though. Well done me for pointing out the bleeding obvious!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You don’t believe in innocent until found guilty then? That doesn’t include being found guilty by members of a witch hunt mob by the way. Just to remind you again, he has not been charged with any offence nor found guilty. It is not an offence to have a sexual relationship with a consenting adult. If things change and different information comes out to change things, so be it, but at the moment he has not done anything illegal. Not sure how many more times this needs to be pointed out to you and the mob though. Well done me for pointing out the bleeding obvious!

Are you mystified why Ron Atkinson is no longer a tv pundit? Never charged with anything yet ditched by ITV. Mob rule I guess? Bet the mob wouldn’t be up in arms if he insulted gingers.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You clearly don't get it mate so it's pointless trying to discuss it with you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, egg said:

And they've cancelled the John Peel stage at Glastonbury this year too. 

Yet they booked the Stones a few years ago when it was common knowledge that Bill Wyman had been fucking a 14 year old. I guess that's ok though because he's in a famous band.

10 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

It is not an offence to have a sexual relationship with a consenting adult. 

Your attitude was different when it was Ched Evans, you spent ages banging on about his guilt even after he was found innocent. What’s the difference, maybe it’s because Phil is gay and therefore good (in your woke head) or perhaps it’s because you’re anti Welsh or maybe think Ched is a Jewish name. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

40 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Yet they booked the Stones a few years ago when it was common knowledge that Bill Wyman had been fucking a 14 year old. I guess that's ok though because he's in a famous band.

His is indeed a paedo but Bill Wyman left the Stones 30 odd years ago so was absolutely nowhere near the band when they played Glastonbury.

So not entirely sure what point you're making? Keep the John Peel stage going because other people are Paedos as well so no point doing anything?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Phill v Holly - Guest starring Ched Evans