Phill v Holly - Guest starring Ched Evans

AlexLaw76

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

In other, completely unrelated news, 83 year old man has announced his 29 year old girlfriend is 8 months pregnant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65764387

She just has a thing for rich old men...

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/who-noor-alfallah-al-pacino-girlfriend-pregnant-b1084703.html

"Pacino’s new love interest has a romantic track record with older Hollywood royalty, including Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger and Clint Eastwood.

Alfallah dated Jagger in 2017, when he was 74 and she was only 22.

Alfallah also dated billionaire philanthropist Nicolas Berggruen, now 61, in 2018. She was also spotted on dates with director Eli Roth, 51, the same year.

The following year she was also rumoured to be dating Eastwood, 91. However, she claimed that the pair were merely family friends."

Edited by badgerx16

16 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

was Jimmy Saville ever charge with a criminal offence?

Unless you know different, why are you comparing one person who had a consensual relationship with another adult with a person who allegedly sexually interfered with countless victims? As far as we know at the moment, there is zero evidence that this person was groomed by Schofield or, indeed that he has done anything illegal. His “crime”, at the moment, would appear to be that he lied about the affair.

If you have any evidence that he is a paedophile  and grooms young boys, I suggest you pass it on to the police.

Perhaps we should get ourselves equally upset by younger women who groom famous, rich, much older men?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Because when there's a 40+ year age gap between you and your lover, you've known that person since they were a child, had a position of authority over them and then begin a relationship with them shortly after they are an adult (if that is the case here) then I would say it meets the definition.

Pure speculation & assumption.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cloggy saint said:

Which bit? He's admitted to the relationship, there is a 40+ year age gap and he was in a position of authority over him. None of that is speculation. The only bit you could say was an assumption is that he began a relationship shortly after he became an adult. It could have been earlier. 

Edited by hypochondriac

1 hour ago, cloggy saint said:

One of the assumptions being made is that the sexual relationship was pursued by Schofield whereas it is entirely possible that the other guy was the main driver of the adult relationship. That won’t suit certain narratives though.

There is a particularly unpleasantly prolonged pile on going on at the moment driven by characters on GB News and a few other people who Schofield seems to have slighted over the years. GB News are also trying to drag the ITV boss, Carolyn McCall down with Schofield so you have to wonder what is going on there when other media outlets aren’t so gung-ho on ITV. Something to do with competing for ad revenue perhaps?

Like everyone else here, I have no idea what the truth of the matter is, but rather than become part of the pile on witch hunt, perhaps it makes more sense to wait for the outcome of the independent enquiry?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

One of the assumptions being made is that the sexual relationship was pursued by Schofield whereas it is entirely possible that the other guy was the main driver of the adult relationship. That won’t suit certain narratives though.

There is a particularly unpleasantly prolonged pile on going on at the moment driven by characters on GB News and a few other people who Schofield seems to have slighted over the years. GB News are also trying to drag the ITV boss, Carolyn McCall down with Schofield so you have to wonder what is going on there when other media outlets aren’t so gung-ho on ITV. Something to do with competing for ad revenue perhaps?

Like everyone else here, I have no idea what the truth of the matter is, but rather than become part of the pile on witch hunt, perhaps it makes more sense to wait for the outcome of the independent enquiry?

:lol: when have you ever waited for an independent enquiry rather than rushing to pile on people when it suits you agenda. Then when the enquiry outcome hasn't been what you wanted you say it's all false anyway. Frigging hilarious. You're such a fucking hypocrite.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Which bit? He's admitted to the relationship, there is a 40+ year age gap and he was in a position of authority over him. None of that is speculation. The only bit you could say was an assumption is that he began a relationship shortly after he became an adult. It could have been earlier. 

Could have, might have. Until there is actually some evidence we don't have a clue wether he was groomed or not. No one has even made a complaint yet.

11 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Could have, might have. Until there is actually some evidence we don't have a clue wether he was groomed or not. No one has even made a complaint yet.

Which part of my post was pure speculation and assumption? I never used the words could have or might have. There is a 40+ year age gap between the two, Schofield did know him when he was a child and he did subsequently hold a position of authority over him and definitely engaged in a relationship with him shortly after he became an adult. That's all fact. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Yeah. Like perhaps it's sensible to wait for the outcome of an appeal before labelling someobe a rape apologist. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Which part of my post was pure speculation and assumption? I never used the words could have or might have. There is a 40+ year age gap between the two, Schofield did know him when he was a child and he did subsequently hold a position of authority over him and definitely engaged in a relationship with him shortly after he became an adult. That's all fact. 

Grooming is the act of befriending and manipulating, is there any evidence that happened? The other guy might have been the one making all the moves, we just don't know.

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Now, if Phillip Schofield was a Tory........

Edited by AlexLaw76

38 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Grooming is the act of befriending and manipulating, is there any evidence that happened? The other guy might have been the one making all the moves, we just don't know.

You'd expect a married man 40 years older living in the public eye to somehow have the savy to shut down the advances of a very young man wouldn't you? I'm sure the majority of us blokes on here would nip things in the bud if our friends teenage children made any moves on us, for example. Even if it wasn't illegal surely you'd view them as just kids, especially given he had children himself that were older than this person. 

48 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You'd expect a married man 40 years older living in the public eye to somehow have the savy to shut down the advances of a very young man wouldn't you? I'm sure the majority of us blokes on here would nip things in the bud if our friends teenage children made any moves on us, for example. Even if it wasn't illegal surely you'd view them as just kids, especially given he had children himself that were older than this person. 

Particularly if you'd known the person from a young age and subsequently had a position of authority over them. Deeply deeply creepy and morally wrong if not illegal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Of course. Doesn’t mean anyone was groomed though or did anything illegal.

He may well have done but there doesn’t appear to be any proof of it.

10 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I haven’t said he did anything illegal. I simply said give his age, the circumstance and he had children himself that were older it’s very, very seedy. Some of you seem to be struggling to criticise him simply because he possibly didn’t break the law 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I haven’t said he did anything illegal. I simply said give his age, the circumstance and he had children himself that were older it’s very, very seedy. Some of you seem to be struggling to criticise him simply because he possibly didn’t break the law 

Yep. He was in a position of trust. Not quite like the head of a sixth form banging a student he'd taught, but not a million miles away from that. 

45 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I haven’t struggled to criticise him, I’ve already said he’s obviously creepy and a rat. Other than that, great point as usual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

I haven’t struggled to criticise him, I’ve already said he’s obviously creepy and a rat. Other than that, great point as usual.

thanks, it was a great point as others have confirmed. Unlike yourself who bizarrely seem at pains to point out the everyone he might not have broken the law.

More and more detail starting to emerge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65775251

"In my dressing room one day, something happened," he said. Characterising the affair, Schofield said: "I kissed someone in the workplace, which led on to a little bit more."

I guess this rules out the line that 'the other guy may have made all the moves' and leans ever closer to the 'grooming' category - even if it doesn't suit the narrative of 'certain' people.....

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

More and more detail starting to emerge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65775251

I guess this rules out the line that 'the other guy may have made all the moves' and leans ever closer to the 'grooming' category - even if it doesn't suit the narrative of 'certain' people.....

BuT HAs hE dONe aNyTHiNg iLLeGaL?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, aintforever said:

If it is true that nothing happened between them until the younger man was 20 years old then Phil Schofield isn’t particularly good at grooming is he? Won’t stop the pile on gang getting themselves worked up though. Would they be so upset if it was a 20 year old women? Of course not. Any excuse to bash anyone in the LBGT group as usual.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

If it is true that nothing happened between them until the younger man was 20 years old then Phil Schofield isn’t particularly good at grooming is he? Won’t stop the pile on gang getting themselves worked up though. Would they be so upset if it was a 20 year old women? Of course not. Any excuse to bash anyone in the LBGT group as usual.

Exactly. A rich famous older man shagging a 20 year old woman will barely make the news.

He may well have groomed him but until there is any proof it's not fair at all to label him a nonce. If the other guy comes out and makes a complaint or any compelling evidence surfaces then fair enough.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Exactly. A rich famous older man shagging a 20 year old woman will barely make the news.

He may well have groomed him but until there is any proof it's not fair at all to label him a nonce. If the other guy comes out and makes a complaint or any compelling evidence surfaces then fair enough.

9th time on this thread you've demanded evidence or said he hasn't done anything illegal. Sensational stuff. :lol:

33 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Is pile on the new hipster phrase?

What makes a good groomer Sog? You seem quite ITK on the subject.

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Sorry, the what?

• Like 1

I see Pip is playing the 'homophobic' card now, claiming that the scrutiny is greater because it was between two men.

He seems to have deliberately forgotten the fact that most of the scrutiny is because he lied repeatedly to his family, loved ones, friends, colleagues and employer about the affair.

There's no victim card to be played here, he did wrong, lied about it to try and cover it up, then got found out.  No sympathy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

Behave. He friended the lad when he was a kid. Gained his trust. Got him a job. Made the first move. On a kind assessment he abused a position of trust, something he all but acknowledges in the BBC interview. On a balanced assessment he knew exactly what he was doing, and got what he wanted in the end.

In the BBC interview he describes the lad as 'vulnerable'. The fact is that the lad always was. 

Anyone defending this bloke should hang their heads, and playing the homophobia card is pathetic. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

Behave. He friended the lad when he was a kid. Gained his trust. Got him a job. Made the first move. On a kind assessment he abused a position of trust, something he all but acknowledges in the BBC interview. On a balanced assessment he knew exactly what he was doing, and got what he wanted in the end.

In the BBC interview he describes the lad as 'vulnerable'. The fact is that the lad always was. 

Anyone defending this bloke should hang their heads, and playing the homophobia card is pathetic. 

Just the usual pricks on here mate. Either desperate to appear as the voice of reason or too thick to have an opinion just say the same thing over and over again. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Just the usual pricks on here mate. Either desperate to appear as the voice of reason or too thick to have an opinion just say the same thing over and over again. 

Yep. And then there's SoG confused by my post...wtf he's confused about is anyone's guess. 

2 hours ago, egg said:

Clearly no point in having an enquiry then if it is so clear cut! Yet again, more assumptions based on no evidence. From what we know so far you are wrong on a number of counts so maybe wait and see what comes out when it is properly investigated?

What we do know is if he had a consensual sexual affair with a 20 year old woman the pile on brigade wouldn’t be bothered about it.

The only people who should be hanging their heads in shame are the ones conducting the witch hunt based on what they think they know rather than the facts?

Perhaps we should now have a witch hunt against Cheryl Cole for her grooming of Liam Payne who she met when he was 14 years old?

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Clearly no point in having an enquiry then if it is so clear cut! Yet again, more assumptions based on no evidence. From what we know so far you are wrong on a number of counts so maybe wait and see what comes out when it is properly investigated?

What we do know is if he had a consensual sexual affair with a 20 year old woman the pile on brigade wouldn’t be bothered about it.

Perhaps we should now have a witch hunt against Cheryl Cole for her grooming of Liam Payne who she met when he was 14 years old?

The enquiry isn’t into Schofield. You know this, surely? The whole point is to investigate ITV itself, into how ITV handled the whole thing starting from how and when they first heard about the allegations and rumours right up to the point when it was confirmed. They’re likely not going to be investigating in depth now and when Schofield met McGreevey, it’s based on ITV’s safeguarding protocols once they were both under their charge. So I’m not sure what “evidence” you’re expecting to come out if this enquiry, but based on what you’ve typed you’re not gonna get what you’re pushing for as that’s not the scope.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I'm not wrong on any count. 

My only assumption is that a young man now described as 'vulnerable' by Schofield is likely to have been vulnerable as a kid. Indeed, any young person desperate to get into a career is vulnerable to any person helping them. They're also vulnerable when that person makes a move on them - Schofield says that he made that move. 

The 'pile on' waffle is odd. People disagree with you. That ain't a pile on.

As for the Cheryl Cole thing, that's desperate. She isn't 40 years older than Payne, she didn't befriend him to get him into a job, etc, etc. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

😂😂😂

44 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Depends if he deliberately tried to cover it up and persistently lied to his wife, children, colleagues, and the press about it. Also, whether the relationship started when the woman was a 15 year old girl and he was in a position of influence and control. The gender and sexuality of the 'other party' in this situation is irrelevant.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Phill v Holly - Guest starring Ched Evans