Pre Season Friendlies 2023/24

Master Bates

2 minutes ago, kitch said:

KWP playing in the middle? Almost like he's in a #6.

Yep. Instead of overlaps, Martin looks for underlaps to load the box up. Means the wingers pull further wide and the likes of KWP go inside and look to create space/pull defenders around. It's why he likes Manning presumably (a LB who used to play CM).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charliemiller said:

Probably answered earlier nad i missed it , but can someone confirm where sullemana is please ?

Bound, gagged and stuffed in his agent's car's boot.

Edited by Colinjb
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SherborneSaint said:

Might Aribo be someone who looks better using the new, possession based approach? (Knowing that he couldn’t look much worse than a lot of last season’s performances…)

He should benefit from us having a system with one actual, proper No 10 too. Rather than the two split 10s that Ralph used.

2 minutes ago, SherborneSaint said:

Might Aribo be someone who looks better using the new, possession based approach? (Knowing that he couldn’t look much worse than a lot of last season’s performances…)

I did think this a while ago. He's awful off the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SherborneSaint said:

Could do a job just ghosting around and only receiving the ball in the final third 

3 minutes ago, SherborneSaint said:

My thought too. I wouldn't be writing him off at Championship level

• Like 1

Just a pre-season game against very poor, albeit Championship last year opposition, but that's the most I've enjoyed watching us play in quite a while. Some good goals and good performances all round.

My thoughts after that are that other than any outgoings, it'd just be the Mara (LW) position up for grabs at Sheffield Wednesday from what started today. Bazunu made a couple of decent saves but ends the game with yet another terrible moment. Don't think Bednarek or DCC looked particularly convincing either. 

We’re going to need to score a lot of goals this season. Crap keeper and we look very vulnerable at the back on the counter attack and when we fart about with it and give turnovers.

Some good performances today but let’s face it, Reading were weak. Good to get goals on the board though and shows where we need more work.

• Like 2

As friendlies go, that was pretty enjoyable. We are going to play some beautiful football at times and we are also going to concede some infuriating counter-attack goals.

But it's nice to see the manager is clearly getting his plan across and is changing the style of play. Let's hope he can shift the attitude and culture too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

We’re going to need to score a lot of goals this season. Crap keeper and we look very vulnerable at the back on the counter attack and when we fart about with it and give turnovers.

Some good performances today but let’s face it, Reading were weak. Good to get goals on the board though and shows where we need more work.

Scoring a lot of goals would be good to watch though. It has been a while…