Pre Season Friendlies 2023/24

Master Bates

How come Lyanco who is doing his job gets a load of stick, when Lavia and Moussa have been terrible and nothing is said.

Lyanco isn't the answer agreed, but for goodness sake look elsewhere for the main problems.

Edited by macca155
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, macca155 said:

How come Lyanco who is doing his job gets a loaf of stick, when Lavia and Moussa have been terrible and nothing is said.

Lyanco isn't the answer agreed, but for goodness sake look elsewhere for the main problems.

There were 8 posts on the previous page about how poor Lavia and Djenepo are playing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Dean Hammond really should have been Dave Merrington's replacement on Solent.

That would have been great, likewise if it had been Franny. I like JT but he just does not have an enjoyable voice to listen to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macca155 said:

How come Lyanco who is doing his job gets a loaf of stick, when Lavia and Moussa have been terrible and nothing is said.

If doing his job is flapping his arms around and celebrating a challenge he had to make, yet consequently conceding two goals, then I'd hate to see him not doing his job.

Bloke is inept.

Lavia has been sloppy, giving the ball away, caught in possession - but you can kind of understand why, and he's given us a hell of a lot more than Lyanco ever has.

1 minute ago, Simo is back said:

Why the fuck are we still playing players who we expect to leave we can't be starting slow in the championship we need to be on it from game one so should only be playing players who are committed and will play for us next season.

Makes us look weaker if we don’t, as if we’re resigned to selling them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macca155 said:

How come Lyanco who is doing his job gets a loaf of stick, when Lavia and Moussa have been terrible and nothing is said?

Go back and read the last page or two, both of those players have been commented on negatively on multiple occasions.

• Like 2

Just now, macca155 said:

Fair one I'm at the game so not had chance to see all posts.

Ah you're just a fair weather forum poster, criticising posts on the forum without really watching the thread to get the full picture of what's going on. Maybe if you stayed home instead of going to the game i'd give some merit to what you're saying but you've just completely discredited yourself. 

• Haha 9

When is it too early to write bree off? Don't even want him in match day squads. No positional sense at all (it's actually shocking how bad he is for this), too slow, too timid, can't pass, bad crossing. He didn't offer anything last season and he's been gash all pre season so far. I know he was cheap (only redeaming attribute?) but was an awful buy. Mane it's vs prem opposition that he struggles, but do we really want to go through the season with an injury risk Tino and bree as our two rbs?

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

That's good because only Manning out of that entire defence should be playing the first game. 

Don’t think you’ll find many to disagree with that. Like the look of Manning. Charles looks like he’s got something too, but not at CB, at least not yet. Would prefer Stephens in there and Charles alongside Lavia. As Deano just said, when he haven’t got the ball we’re far too easy to play against.

This is close to a second string side for us (I’d have Lavia and Alcaraz, maybe Manning) but they look extremely vulnerable to the press and counter.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Nothing attacking from Bree or manning so far

Both have been pegged back by Bournemouth to be fair, we're struggling to get out.

Manning has looked decent though, covering and defending well. Looks pretty switched on.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Simo is back said:

Why the fuck are we still playing players who we expect to leave we can't be starting slow in the championship we need to be on it from game one so should only be playing players who are committed and will play for us next season.

Because it isnt a Football Manager video game. Any of these players could be with us this season, deals collapse, etc at last minute and we would want them fit. And if we are negotiating to sell the stars, then the buying clubs also wouldn't want a player with no fitness or game time (and an injury risk).

We also have a game on Saturday and start the season next Friday, we need to use the squad and not burn players out, they all need minutes, but not too many.

Edited by St Louis
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Ah you're just a fair weather forum poster, criticising posts on the forum without really watching the thread to get the full picture of what's going on. Maybe if you stayed home instead of going to the game i'd give some merit to what you're saying but you've just completely discredited yourself. 

Let myself down 🤣 Need to put some sofa time in.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Don’t think you’ll find many to disagree with that. Like the look of Manning. Charles looks like he’s got something too, but not at CB, at least not yet. Would prefer Stephens in there and Charles alongside Lavia. As Deano just said, when he haven’t got the ball we’re far too easy to play against.

This is close to a second string side for us (I’d have Lavia and Alcaraz, maybe Manning) but they look extremely vulnerable to the press and counter.

Missing Elyanoussi?