Pre Season Friendlies 2023/24

Master Bates

For any of these deals that we're currently negotiating with Liverpool, WHU, Newcastle etc - can we please enquire about one of their keepers on loan or permanent. We cannot persist with the current two if we want promotion. Sell McCarthy and bring in a new number 1 who Baz can compete with

• Like 3

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I think the best thing about this is that it consolidates who we would definitely not want to start the season with. 

Unfortunately the list starts with both our goalkeepers

• Like 1

I hope Stu is over his fitness issues, a fully fit Stu in the championship will be ridiculous. 

Much better second half, Smallbone has added much more shape centrally. I think Lavia's mind was elsewhere, understandably I guess.

• Like 2

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I hope Stu is over his fitness issues, a fully fit Stu in the championship will be ridiculous. 

Much better second half, Smallbone has added much more shape centrally. I think Lavia's mind was elsewhere, understandably I guess.

If we'd stayed up I would have looked to move Sarmstrong on, as is he could end up being a 15 goal player for us. 

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Smallbone has been excellent since he came on.

Comfortably our best performer in pre-season and a borderline lock to start against Sheff Weds at this stage.

He was really good against Reading was linking it all up not seen since Steven Davis who was so under rated 🙂

• Like 1

Played well in the second half. Other than potential sales, the team for AZ at the weekend and then Sheffield Wednesday pretty much picks itself for me at this point. 

Bazunu
Livramento - Bednarek - Stephens - KWP
JWP - Smallbone - Alcaraz
Tella - Adams - A. Armstrong

Subs: McCarthy, DCC, Manning, Bree, Charles, Stu, Edozie, Amo-Ameyaw, Mara

This is going on the assumption that Lavia is either gone or not touching the field again after his performance today, and Sulemana is also gone considering his lack of presence so far this pre-season.

54 minutes ago, obelisk said:

If the plan is to put people off eyeing up Alcarez then so far it's working to perfection.

Alcaraz did have games last season when he went missing. He's a good player, but you need to get him the ball and in the right areas and we don't always do that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

I've not been that big of a fan of Smallbone but I would LOVE to be made to look like a twat with that opinion.

Did you mean to put Smallbone, twat and love in the same sentence or was it coincidence?

• Haha 1

Just now, The Kraken said:

Get used to that type of goal conceded. So brittle on the counter.

Need some pace at the back and most importantly a keeper who can make himself big and make saves you don't expect him to make, regardless of whether he can pass it or not. If his passing is cack then just get him to lay it off short or boot it straight up the middle.