Pre Season Friendlies 2023/24

Master Bates

Adam Armstrong looks like he’s getting his mojo back. Think the PL was too big a step up for him, and doesn’t help being played out of position. He could yet prove very important for us this season, season liking the look oh him in this setup compared to Che.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

I've been hitting play for 20mins

Damn. At least you're figuring it out today and not when regular season comes around. If all else fails, you can at least watch your avatar and hang out with these good folks...

edit: I would try another program (firefox, chrome, etc.)

Edited by St. Ciervo

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

How are we playing?

Really well tbf! Probably the most solid performance of pre-season so far (if you take into account that last week, despite being very very good was against a League One team)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

I've been hitting play for 20mins

When the website has struggled for the last few years to play Radio Solent audio, I'm not going to get my wallet out for something that's not guaranteed to work.

That said, have you tried using a different browser?

Hope you get it working either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

How are we playing?

Dominating possession, nice and neat, silky at times and not just tapping it around the back. Lots of forward intent, should have had a penalty (pretty clear cut to be fair)...few shots, all close. Alcaraz, Amrstrong, Manning, Smallbone all really good IMO

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

How are we playing?

Moderately well, lots of quick passing interactions. Pretty physical game Stephens left his mark.

Tella and Alcaraz looking a class above. Edozie running into cul de sacs but should have had a penalty.

Edited by macca155
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Edozie is starting to show what he can do, needs a bit more end product, but could be a big season for him

Edozie is doing what he did last season. Some nice dribbles but his end product is absolutely horrific. 

• Like 1

I think there’s something wrong with me. I’m pleased the team are getting a lot of praise and hopefully they will get a result today but I find this style of play very boring. Keeping possession is all very well but how does it translate into goals. Just long to see someone charge forward, beat a few defenders and shoot. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

AZ are a tidy side, you can see they have played in the Europa league. Very tight and defend well. I DOUBT Saints will meet such a resilient defense in the Championshop.

Doesn't mean they'll score though, looking toothless at the moment.

Scoring goals feel like a major concern, especially if someone plays a loose pass when we are passing around our own box. Hope we can remedy this because dominating possession and losing 1-0 is absolutely galling.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1