Middlesbrough 2-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

2 of Charles, Downes and Smallbone should be starting AT BEST. They are 3 very 'ordinary' midfielders, nothing much creative about them. We have Alcaraz on the bench AGAIN. Is there one forum user that would put a fit Alcaraz on the bench over, say, Smallbone? Obviously the manager sees more than we do but I can't fathom it otherwise.

Game's not over though and, I suppose, at least the bench is strong.  Manning for Holgate. Do they admit they fucked up with Holgate?

• Like 2

Utterly mental passing move out from the back. Now we did get a corner form it in the end. So that sounds decent. But we had every opportunity to pass it forward a lot earlier, and chose to not bother looking and play back and slowly across.

It's that lack of intesity in pretty much everything that makes so placid looking, and easy for teams to regroup and pick off.

'Boro looking to pick out Jones in that free gift zone exists behind our tucked in full backs.

A minute later...

We push up, so look a bit desperate racing back to defend. Ball goes back into the free gift zone and they get a shot in.

Fortunately, not even Baz could get out of the way of it on time, so it got saved. 🙂

4 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

2 of Charles, Downes and Smallbone should be starting AT BEST. They are 3 very 'ordinary' midfielders, nothing much creative about them. We have Alcaraz on the bench AGAIN. Is there one forum user that would put a fit Alcaraz on the bench over, say, Smallbone? Obviously the manager sees more than we do but I can't fathom it otherwise.

Game's not over though and, I suppose, at least the bench is strong.  Manning for Holgate. Do they admit they fucked up with Holgate?

Yes, TBH. Alcaraz has been dreadful this season. It absolutely astonished me the amount of criticism aimed at Bazaunu relative to the praise aimed at Alcaraz.

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

What on earth is Manning doing.

Wild eh? 5 white shirts around him, he slowly steadies himself and passes to a player in red. I'm 50, play on rock hard lumpy pitches and can pass the ball more accurately than some of ours.

Professional footballers!

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Yes, TBH. Alcaraz has been dreadful this season. It absolutely astonished me the amount of criticism aimed at Bazaunu relative to the praise aimed at Alcaraz.

A) no you wouldn't, he's a better creative force Vs Smallbone and I don't particular dislike Smallbone but you can't have nothing coming from the CM area and Charles isn't the one to get dropped

B) The criticism is justified because he's an utterly atrocious goalkeeper

C) Alcaraz may well have been shit this season BUT he's at least been good at various other times.  Baz has yet to have a good game. At all. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Middlesbrough 2-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic