The Circle of Trust

Miltonaggro

14 hours ago, Turkish said:

Few things need to fall into place for this one. But you never know

Irresistible force meets immovable object Photograph by Stephen Sloan

as i was telling you a few things need to fall into place.

Former Saint Ramsay to Charlton

Abu to Town

Southampton FC defender Derrick Abu joins Harrogate Town on loan (harrogateadvertiser.co.uk)

Another one in the bag for the CoT

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I think we can all agree the team did a fantastic job this window, well done everyone involved 👏 👏👏👏👏🫡

Absolutely, great work from all. An honourable mention to tdmickey and others in the support team for adding something by constantly nibbling and getting wound up. Set them an honorary table at the end of season soirée I say. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

The CoT is sadly back in its box, the excitement for the summer windows ends tingles down the spine.

Don't worry Nick, the CoT is.like a non mythical Santa or the tooth fairy Nick. It's always there, and appears when the time is right. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Keeping Kyle Walker Peters is pretty amazing. Expected him to go in July to be honest.

Surely as a member of CoT you would have known that was not going to happen! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, OldNick said:

As member of the CoT we know what is going to happen, what we think might happen is a different point. I thought he'd go in the summer too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As member of the CoT we know what is going to happen, what we think might happen is a different point. I thought he'd go in the summer too. 

If they knew what we knew, they'd have thought the same. Sometimes the dominoes just don't fall. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Been oustanding window quick fact check

correctly called we came second in the race to sign Carvaleho 

Correctly Informed you of the decision to turn the northam into a kop with safe standing 

Correctly told you Doyle was leaving 

Correctly told you we were signind O'Brien Whitmarsh 

Correctly told you were signing Rothwell 

Brooks - called by platinum member CB Fry in December 

Alcarez called by Frannies Tache and me earlier this month 

Holgate to Sheff United 

Abu to Harrogate 

Djalo from Porto in 

Nailed it this window, looking forward to a good old knees up with the team to celebrate and recover from what has been a hectic period, remember there is a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes to bring you all this, it doesn't just start in January. Time for a well earned break. The CoT will return in the summer.

If you would like to be considered for future membership of the CoT please send your details and full list of contacts - which will be crosschecked, along with your references for previous ITKness either on this forum or others. We will start the vetting and interview process in time for the end of the season.

Regards, the CoT

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Id love you give an explanation of that image to these 2 events that aren't anything really.

im sure Ramsay and Abu wouldn't agree that it isn't anything really. For Harrogate Town fans for that matter.

Ramsay didn't get off to the best of starts and Harrogate and i told them he would come good, some of them sneered at me. Now they are all gutted hes going and saying how it was only of matter of time until a bigger came in for him. Finger on the pulse as always. That scouting training paying off.

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Id love you give an explanation of that image to these 2 events that aren't anything really.

If you count the crevices in the rocks, the number totals the shirt values of Ramsey and Abu combined, therefore concrete proof. I’d like to congratulate the Cot on their outstanding work, it’s been a truly nail biting window. I expect they have to sign confidentiality agreements, can you imagine actually posting coherent details about potential movements of b team players like Abu, this place would be shut down. Like the Cot have said, this isn’t a place for jealousy, revel in their achievements, i for one can’t wait for the summer window to open, keep up the great work lads, Stella performance.

Edited by Saint Marky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Turkish said:

im sure Ramsay and Abu wouldn't agree that it isn't anything really. For Harrogate Town fans for that matter.

Perhaps but not sure how Ramsey is Saints related, wasnt he a former player?? Still hasn't given me the explanation of the picture relating to both.

I have been waiting for my invitation to be part of the gang, but it has not arrived especially as a close member of my family has input from the dressing room.

Just now, Saint Marky said:

If you count the crevices in the rocks, the number totals the shirt values of Ramsey and Abu combined, therefore concrete proof. I’d like to congratulate the Cot on their outstanding work, it’s been a truly nail biting window. I expect they have to sign confidentiality agreements, can you imagine actually posting coherent details about potential movements of about team players like Abu, this place would be shut down. Like the Cot have said, this isn’t a place for jealousy, revel in their achievements, i for one can’t wait for the summer window to open, keep up the great work lads, Stella performance.

Do I sense a little bit of cynicism there? Surely it would be unfounded. SSN get all their information from that source and are taking up the CoT's revolutionary idea of putting up a random picture and claiming to point towards a transfer deal. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Perhaps but not sure how Ramsey is Saints related, wasnt he a former player?? Still hasn't given me the explanation of the picture relating to both.

I have been waiting for my invitation to be part of the gang, but it has not arrived especially as a close member of my family has input from the dressing room.

That's an easy thing to claim, but proof is in the pudding. 

Nicks ITK status currently lies at 0%, CoT 100%. From what I can see, you'll be brining nothing to the table. 

Given how keen you are for us to give names and as much information as possible in a public forum, I fear you may have #LooseLips. 

Edited by Dman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

If you count the crevices in the rocks, the number totals the shirt values of Ramsey and Abu combined, therefore concrete proof. I’d like to congratulate the Cot on their outstanding work, it’s been a truly nail biting window. I expect they have to sign confidentiality agreements, can you imagine actually posting coherent details about potential movements of about team players like Abu, this place would be shut down. Like the Cot have said, this isn’t a place for jealousy, revel in their achievements, i for one can’t wait for the summer window to open, keep up the great work lads, Stella performance.

Jeez, 3 months of this twoddle in the summer. What an exciting thought.  I do find it amusing that a an adult has managed to keep up this charade for so long. Although i did get a leak from on of his members that their esteemed leader is a shoe in for the next series of Undateables which probably explains why he find sit so much fun. Cant give any more details other than that as i dont want to out for COT source. Remember loose lips sink ships! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, wild-saint said:

Jeez, 3 months of this twoddle in the summer. What an exciting thought.  I do find it amusing that a an adult has managed to keep up this charade for so long. Although i did get a leak from on of his members that their esteemed leader is a shoe in for the next series of Undateables which probably explains why he find sit so much fun. Cant give any more details other than that as i dont want to out for COT source. Remember loose lips sink ships! 

When you say ‘adult’, could you clarify your meaning? It’s a bit confusing, a bit like the picture clues, until they are coherently explained unambiguously.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

That's an easy thing to claim, but proof is in the pudding. 

Nicks ITK status currently lies at 0%, CoT 100%. From what I can see, you'll be brining nothing to the table. 

Given how keen you are for us to give names and as much information as possible in a public forum, I fear you may have #LooseLips. 

Dont worry Dman its in the eating. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

Don't worry Nick, the CoT is.like a non mythical Santa or the tooth fairy Nick. It's always there, and appears when the time is right. 

I never knew the tooth fairy was called Nick. Fuck me, the Cot really does know some incredible stuff. Make sure posting information like this isn’t crossing boundaries that shouldn’t be crossed. Maybe you should have reverted to posing some cryptic pictures, as per the cots motto, ‘loose lips’. Or how about mixing it up, post a video dressed as Marcel Marceau and act out the clue through the modicum of mime. This would be a great new angle for the Cot and would keep the thread ‘fresh’, heaven forbid this ever gets stale, where would we get our itk from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

I never knew the tooth fairy was called Nick. Fuck me, the Cot really does know some incredible stuff. Make sure posting information like this isn’t crossing boundaries that shouldn’t be crossed. Maybe you should have reverted to posing some cryptic pictures, as per the cots motto, ‘loose lips’. Or how about mixing it up, post a video dressed as Marcel Marceau and act out the clue through the modicum of mime. This would be a great new angle for the Cot and would keep the thread ‘fresh’, heaven forbid this ever gets stale, where would we get our itk from.

There's more freshness in this thread than a loaf pulled straight from the oven Marky. Long will it continue. 

Personally, I thought a few pics were giving things away. Your ideas, as groundbreaking as they are, are very labour intensive - imagine the complaints if there's a delay in releasing a picture that will allay your fears that things aren't moving in the right direction?! They'd be mutiny. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Dont worry Dman its in the eating. 

And this thread sir, has been a buffet. There's been everything a forum member could eat. Tips, humour, cynicism, banter, tears, blood, sweat, and clues to excercise old and tired minds. What's not to like?! 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, egg said:

And this thread sir, has been a buffet. There's been everything a forum member could eat. Tips, humour, cynicism, banter, tears, blood, sweat, and clues to excercise old and tired minds. What's not to like?! 

despite the 100% ITK record, I think the biggest achievement has been getting right under the skin and raising the blood pressure of always/mickey's to almost catastophic levels. 

He can't help himself but continue to stalk with the passive agressive laughing recations. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Now its all over, (no worries about loose lips etc)what did this point to?

Great idea. Now the fleet is safely still bouyant, the answers to all these pictures can now be revealed for the benefit of us thickos.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Great idea. Now the fleet is safely still bouyant, the answers to all these pictures can now be revealed for the benefit of us thickos.

they already have been. Also dont forget that some things that didn't happen might still happen in the summer. So loose lips still sink ships.

• Haha 1

On 01/02/2024 at 09:25, Farmer Saint said:

Yeah, this is the one that has been in the background for a while. As you say, it's all about the dominoes. 

On 01/02/2024 at 12:34, Saintsarmy said:

Holgate anything to do with the dominos? Another midfielder in to compensate Charles having to move to CB worst case 

23 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Nope...

22 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

How do you know it's an incoming..?

Another success for the COT - this was the domino clue:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24092256.former-everton-starlet-small-mutually-terminates-southampton-contract/

Edit: By the way I was very proud of this cryptic clue. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OldNick said:

I know the sunset will happen in Cornwall. It doesn't mean it can't also be amazing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

I know the sunset will happen in Cornwall. It doesn't mean it can't also be amazing.

A bit different admiring a sunset and being amazed that someone stays when you were in the know.

Also can you please explain how the riddle below equates to Brooks? I really cant see any of it, there again Im no good at riddles!!!

It's looking like a Blue day for half a great city, when the eagles come home to roost. When the Epiphany comes, or just after, call off the search. The Holy land welcomes a man of the left, name from an ancient trade.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, OldNick said:

A bit different admiring a sunset and being amazed that someone stays when you were in the know.

Also can you please explain how the riddle below equates to Brooks? I really cant see any of it, there again Im no good at riddles!!!

It's looking like a Blue day for half a great city, when the eagles come home to roost. When the Epiphany comes, or just after, call off the search. The Holy land welcomes a man of the left, name from an ancient trade.

You're really not very good at this nick, are you. 

Eagles = Palace. Palace were interested in Brooks https://onefootball.com/en/news/bournemouth-reject-crystal-palaces-approach-for-three-goal-winger-33575062

Holy land = Isreal, who was a king of Isreal.. David. Welcomes a man of the left. Who's left footed that's just arrived at St Marys... You guessed it, Brooksy boy. 

Try as you might to undermine our ITK authority. You'll find no holes in the CoT my friend. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dman said:

You're really not very good at this nick, are you. 

Eagles = Palace. Palace were interested in Brooks https://onefootball.com/en/news/bournemouth-reject-crystal-palaces-approach-for-three-goal-winger-33575062

Holy land = Isreal, who was a king of Isreal.. David. Welcomes a man of the left. Who's left footed that's just arrived at St Marys... You guessed it, Brooksy boy. 

Try as you might to undermine our ITK authority. You'll find no holes in the CoT my friend. 

Blue side of a great city,  name of an ancient trade?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Blue side of a great city,  name of an ancient trade?

Do we really need to spell it out for you? Before becoming King of Israel David was a shepherd boy, a trade in those times. As for a blue side of the city, a clear reference to the fact Brooks started his career at Manchester City. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Turkish said:

Do we really need to spell it out for you? Before becoming King of Israel David was a shepherd boy, a trade in those times. As for a blue side of the city, a clear reference to the fact Brooks started his career at Manchester City. 

Magnificent, how many hours did it take to find those tenuous links 😀😀 Shepherds a trade, Im surprised you didnt say middle class profession.

Brilliant by the way

Nice thread bump lardy boy, well done.

Nobody is forcing you to read it. The title is even very handily dubbed “Circle of Trust”, which is a little bit of a giveaway as to what the contents might contain. Or maybe that’s too confusing.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Can we move this crock of shite to the muppet show?…where it should’ve resided from day one. 

I've been running the numbers and this thread is apparently the second most popular one on the forum this year.

So in many way, the COT have completely and utterly failed.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Magnificent, how many hours did it take to find those tenuous links 😀😀 Shepherds a trade, Im surprised you didnt say middle class profession.

Brilliant by the way

None I replied to you immediately as they are the FACTS

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to The Circle of Trust