Saints 4-0 Walsall - Match Thread

SaintBobby

I htought that, considering his positions, Smallbone would have at least tried to turn and shoot. Their defence was ina  little muddle. Could see what he was trying, with the net ball being across behind him. But he had an opportunity himself.

Elsewhere, good defensive header from Holgate. Strength, and awareness to get it up and forward. Both Stephens and THB happy to get forward with the passes, while Charles sits to mop up anything that comes back.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

Normally a yellow there. I guess the ref thought Mara had hit iit too far ahead of himself anyway.

We're doing Bazball with Lumley. A little bit rustier, but we're stickign to our principles. Just as we're sticking to a 1 goal lead with tons of possession. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

Big miss from Mara but he's working hard and has a touch. I still think he might come good. But we do need another striker, that's for sure.

You would not saying this if he was an opposition player.....He is crap and will clearly move away from the club

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Wanting a striker is fair enough but these claims of "getting a striker who can actually score" is a bit silly when you take that into account.

Should we get in a striker who can't score?

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 4-0 Walsall - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic