Saints 4-0 Walsall - Match Thread

SaintBobby

Another lovely move, with us exploiting every bit of space we were given. From Fraser to Alcaraz and a good finish under some pressure, and at an angle from Adams.

Adams has come on and as usual, just got on with taking up all the right positions waiting for his chances. Always good to see lots of generally unoticed stuff pay off.

Alcaraz has so much ability, but is still extremely raw having only been in the country about 1 calendar year. He has the potential to win games on his own, and has carried us in a couple of games already in that time. How anyone thinks he is anything other than a good player is beyond me - not to say he’s not frustrating mind!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Joe Lumley must be the most patient man in the world. Waits months for a game and then hardly has to do anything. The life of the back up keeper. Speaking of which, McC must be loving life right now....

Nice from Stpehens to pick out Alcaraz there.

We had a moment with Charles, Smallbone and Bragg within a short distance of each other. Another reminder in this line up, Smallbone can get forward, whch he did.

Dibling looking to take them on. Which at 4-0 up suits everyone.

• Like 1

Wee Man clearly man of the match, superb all game plus two well taken goals. Meghoma the young left back was excellent, really impressed with him today and looks to have a big future. Dibbling looked very confident and tried hard to get a goal. The young midfielder Bragg came on and got involved and looked very comfortable. Lumley was excellent and very vocal. Charley sloppy in large parts but think he got a couple of assists. Too much walking football for my liking but in the end it was an easy win.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Lovely stuff

Give us anyone outside the top 7/8 Prem teams at home in the next round and I'll fancy us

Eastleigh will be in the hat, having drawn at Newport despite being behind and having a player sent off.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Monk said:

Stream went down. 

Che goal any good? 

it was with his left foot, which is rare...

but as it was with his left foot it wasn't with a whole lot of power...

but it went in....

so yay!

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

There we go. 
Anyone who does not vote for, or believe that, Ryan Fraser is MoM is either being quirky or are just plain odd

Or on the wind up - You can't discount that. But yes, other players were brilliant (Lumley, THB namely) but Fraser was utterly incredible, League Two opposition or not.

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Or on the wind up - You can't discount that. But yes, other players were brilliant (Lumley, THB namely) but Fraser was utterly incredible, League Two opposition or not.

Lumely looked decent. THB was THB. I thought the LB was a little shaky defensively in the 1st half, but look well at home in the 2nd.

Although didn't have too much to do today, I thought Lumley was calm and composed when called into action. Well done lads another win. 

Bournemouth in the next round would be a good test to see what level we are at now.

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 4-0 Walsall - Match Thread