Ticket prices for home leg of play offs

SherSaint

Am I the only one who is appalled at high prices for the home leg? Talk about kicking fans in the teeth. Where's the recognition of loyalty for fans that have been supporting the club throughout the season? Feels like we're being fleeced IMHO. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Tbh, I don't think they're that bad, I don't feel like I'm being fleeced at £30.

You may not like ticket prices if we get to Wembley, cheapest will probably be £35-40, but the majority likely over £50 up to £90+ - finalists should get around 36,000 each.

• Like 7

Assuming prices are broadly similar across the stadium, I'm happy enough with £30 (it seems to be the going rate?)

Good opportunity to use up any Ticket Exchange credit, too.

I thought the prices were reasonable - a £25 and 2 £15’s for the grandkids.  Shame I’m on holiday - hopefully they won’t look too closely at my non OAP son!

1 hour ago, ant said:

Assuming prices are broadly similar across the stadium, I'm happy enough with £30 (it seems to be the going rate?)

Good point, forgot about that! 

Just picked up mine for £9.80, thought that credit was never going to use.

Posted (edited)

I think the point I'm making is being missed. Given the financial restraints many fans are facing, why didn't the club consider putting a £20 cap on home tickets. Would it really have made that much of a difference to the club's financial state? Such a gesture would, in my view, have been a nice way to thank the fans, and acknowledge some of the challenges they may face. It's within the clubs gift, I'm just trying to get understand the logic other than it's a business and price at what you can get away with. Maybe it's just me. But early round in cup games are priced more keenly. 

Edited by SherSaint
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, SherSaint said:

I think the point I'm making is being missed. Given the financial restraints many fans are facing, why didn't the club consider putting a £20 cap on home tickets. Would it really have made that much of a difference to the club's financial state? Such a gesture would, in my view, have been a nice way to thank the fans, and acknowledge some of the challenges they may face. It's within the clubs gift, I'm just trying to get understand the logic other than it's a business and price at what you can get away with. Maybe it's just me. But early round in cup games are priced more keenly. 

It is a business though, and it should be looking to maximise its revenue within reason. The club owes nothing to fans or season ticket holders. If you bought a ticket you got to see a game, if you bought a season ticket you had the opportunity to see 23.

The CoL isn't the club's concern. Should the Mayflower, Take That or Taylor Swift give reduced tickets because of the CoL?

16 minutes ago, Saint Mikey said:

It is a business though, and it should be looking to maximise its revenue within reason. The club owes nothing to fans or season ticket holders. If you bought a ticket you got to see a game, if you bought a season ticket you had the opportunity to see 23.

The CoL isn't the club's concern. Should the Mayflower, Take That or Taylor Swift give reduced tickets because of the CoL?

Makes you wonder why they capped prices of away ticket. Just exploit the fans for all you can. That's the problem football has become too focused with money and being a business rather than something for the local community. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, SherSaint said:

Makes you wonder why they capped prices of away ticket. Just exploit the fans for all you can. That's the problem football has become too focused with money and being a business rather than something for the local community. 

It's a nice thought but unfortunately not one based in reality

Slightly off topic.

I unfortunately have not been to any games this season, home or away.

This is mainly due to the kids getting into football, and having to take them to their games each Saturday and Sunday, along with work getting very busy.

Just wondering, what my chances are of getting tickets to the final, if we obviously make it that far.

To make matters more complicated, I would also like to take the wife and kids with me as well, so ideally would require 6 tickets.

36 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Slightly off topic.

This is mainly due to the kids getting into football, and having to take them to their games each Saturday and Sunday, along with work getting very busy.

Just wondering, what my chances are of getting tickets to the final, if we obviously make it that far.

To make matters more complicated, I would also like to take the wife and kids with me as well, so ideally would require 6 tickets.

Think last season both clubs in the championship got 36k allocation for the play off final and the rest went to club wembley and "the football family". Assuming we make it and depending on who we play (and i don't think we'll make it) tickets from that last two groups will definitely show up online and be easy enough to get hold of at a price.

In all likelihood should a miracle happen i reckon we'll easily have about 40k there, so everyone that wants to go should be able to get tickets fairly comfortably.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

This was interesting about the home leg as I thought we had to give away fans 10% of the capacity? 

Away supporters will have 2,000 tickets in blocks 44 to 48.

Been mentioned loads on here so i'm amazed people still don't get it, in the championship you can offer a maximum of 2k tickets unless 2k is more than 10% of stadium capacity, in which case it's 10% (so effectively away allocations are capped at a max 2k unless the home club fancy giving more).

Also the pricing is reciprocal so £30 will almost certainly be the price of the away tickets, and due to the fact you can't charge home fans in the same stand less than the away fans that means that the Northam HAD to be £30.

Looking at this seasons away allocations for West Brom and Norwich both only offered us 2k(ish) tickets for the league games, with Norwich offering 2,002 and West Brom 1,970. So would assume that's our allocation for the away the legs too.

Given the train engineering work it's a hell of a lot easier to get to West Brom than Norwich on the 12th, so would imagine that'll sell out to a pretty high away games criteria if it's them. If it's Norwich on the other hand i can see the amount of aways dropping to about 9/10

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ant said:

My ticket in the Itchen was £40. Still drop in the ocean when you get an extra chance this season to see your favourite team play Kamikaze Russball.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Mikey said:

As a business you never want to upset your regular customers.

My tickets in the Kingsland cost £41.50 including the ‘booking fee’. What a kick in the teeth that is. How can they claim a ticket price is £40 when you can’t actually buy a ticket for that much?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

As a business you never want to upset your regular customers.

My tickets in the Kingsland cost £41.50 including the ‘booking fee’. What a kick in the teeth that is. How can they claim a ticket price is £40 when you can’t actually buy a ticket for that much?

But you can and did.

They could also claim booking fee is the bargain price of £1.50.

• Like 1

I'm hoping it gets to general sale personally, but I don't think it's much of a stretch to guess that the biggest home match all season is highly likely to be a sell-out (or very close to it), regardless of your thoughts on the manager.

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

The local FAs get some tickets, so maybe enquire through your kids' teams, or probably better if you have any contacts not in Hampshire or over the Eastern side. I'm a season ticket holder so sorted, but none of my team mates over in Portsmouth would be interested!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SherSaint said:

Am I the only one who is appalled at high prices for the home leg? Talk about kicking fans in the teeth. Where's the recognition of loyalty for fans that have been supporting the club throughout the season? Feels like we're being fleeced IMHO. 

No you aren’t, we are being asked to pay for failure. Had we come storming into 5th or 6th spot right at the end then fair enough but this has been a complete fuck up to the end of the season, this has been in our hands at least a couple of times and they blew it.

This is finance the club would not have budgeted for so it’s a bonus pay day for them. So yes they should have capped it at around £20. Full house that’s still over 600k !

So yeah I agree, I think we are being fleeced but we know the club don’t give a flying fuck by stating the 10-15% season ticket price increase across the board for everyone who doesn’t sign up to their pet project of turning the whole of the Northam into some kind of super natural force to frighten the opposition fartless.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

For anyone interested, these were last season's Championship Play Off Final ticket prices

spacer.png

Those prices are steep, no doubt more this year as well with a booking fee on top, anyone know if concessions counted as over 65 and u16? 

35 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Let's worry about that if we get there😬

Yeah.. I've told my manager I'm not available for a friendly on the 26th. My Pompey supporting team all laughed at me. Bastards!;-)

38 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Let's worry about that if we get there😬

I'm asking for a Norwich supporting friend 

• Haha 1

Ironically considering the opening post I was quite happy with the prices. The club has a balancing act. Don’t exploit the  fans...but use the opportunity to make a few quid. I think they got it right this time. 😊 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2024 at 10:11, suewhistle said:

Yeah.. I've told my manager I'm not available for a friendly on the 26th. My Pompey supporting team all laughed at me. Bastards!;-)

Makes a change it’s us that’s been laughing at them for……..well…….ever