Saints Accept £1.3m for Andrew Davies

Nexstar

Scoobs Its alright (cutting your cloth) But! your Lord Lowe seems to be throwing the whole roll away:rolleyes:

Answer me this If these drastic messieurs end up with you being relegated would that be good financial sense?

Pointless question.

It's what Lowe's "prudence" achieved first time round, and yet some people still proclaim his "astute" footballing acumen.

Scoobs Its alright (cutting your cloth) But! your Lord Lowe seems to be throwing the whole roll away:rolleyes:

Answer me this If these drastic messieurs end up with you being relegated would that be good financial sense?

Obviously things have to get worse before they will get better, Lord Lowe knows this and so his plan is to get us relegated as soon as possible so we will progress sooner as well.....

I hope to god we don't get relegated, but it will be interesting to see what Scooby would say in defence of Lowe then.

Obviously things have to get worse before they will get better, Lord Lowe knows this and so his plan is to get us relegated as soon as possible so we will progress sooner as well.....

I hope to god we don't get relegated, but it will be interesting to see what Scooby would say in defence of Lowe then.

So it will be Lowe's fault if we get relegated

Thats what I thought I had said

I was just pointing out it was really Burley who brought these players into the Club

John.

You seem to be a little misguided as to how a football club works.

The manager may ask for players, money for players, new shoes for his wife, etc etc, but at the end of the day, the go-ahead will be given to spend the money by the Chairman, on the advice of the finance director [although the Chairman can of course ignore any advice given to him/her].

Culpability will therefore always rest with the man/woman at the top.

However, having said that, it is not reasonable to expect the Chairman to be fully conversant with all areas of the business [except Lowe of course ;) ], so the blame can be shared out between the various 'advisors' - manager, directors etc...

You seem to hold the opinion that the Chairman is completely blameless for anything that happens to the club / company...

30% profit by Lowe. It's called good business.

We are a football club, people come to watch footballers play football, if the ones they want to watch keeping going - they go,there is less of our superb catering sold too!!!

if the team is asset stripped it gets relegated.

Good business?

Personally I would have rather kept Davies and not spent the same sort of money on Schnederpig.

Granted Davies is probably on a higher wage, but I bet we aren't exactly paying Schneiderpig peanuts either if Prem clubs were chasing him.

Just seems odd that we can afford to spend £1.x million on one player but are then forced to sell another for a similar amount.

Personally I would have rather kept Davies and not spent the same sort of money on Schnederpig.

Granted Davies is probably on a higher wage, but I bet we aren't exactly paying Schneiderpig peanuts either if Prem clubs were chasing him.

Just seems odd that we can afford to spend £1.x million on one player but are then forced to sell another for a similar amount.

But we are paying that sort of money spread over several seasons not at once.

There is also the fact that Morgans sell on will be substantially higher than what we could hope for from AD.

John.

The manager may ask for players, money for players, new shoes for his wife, etc etc, but at the end of the day, the go-ahead will be given to spend the money by the Chairman, on the advice of the finance director [although the Chairman can of course ignore any advice given to him/her].

However, having said that, it is not reasonable to expect the Chairman to be fully conversant with all areas of the business [except Lowe of course ;) ], so the blame can be shared out between the various 'advisors' - manager, directors etc...

You seem to hold the opinion that the Chairman is completely blameless for anything that happens to the club / company...

I was only trying to point out that the choice of the players was Burley's as a number had already played for him in the past.

Given that the board had agreed to spend £7 to 8 Million I do not believe that Burley's choices were very good (apparently according to a friend he did the same at Ipswich) and that is the one of the major reasons we are in the position we find ourselves where nobody wants to buy these same players.

Of course who ever agreed to their high wages was also culpable too.

But if you spend £7-8 million you will have to pay high wages.

Which I think is something Lowe did / does not want to do.

I feel the problem lay in the choice of player fundamentally but you are of course right other people are culpable.

However in the first regime after Lowe I never really understood who was running the club as Wilde Crouch Hone Delieu Hoos were all involved to some extent.

But Burley in my Opinion wasted £7-8 Million

I was only trying to point out that the choice of the players was Burley's as a number had already played for him in the past.

Given that the board had agreed to spend £7 to 8 Million I do not believe that Burley's choices were very good (apparently according to a friend he did the same at Ipswich) and that is the one of the major reasons we are in the position we find ourselves where nobody wants to buy these same players.

Of course who ever agreed to their high wages was also culpable too.

But if you spend £7-8 million you will have to pay high wages.

Which I think is something Lowe did / does not want to do.

I feel the problem lay in the choice of player fundamentally but you are of course right other people are culpable.

However in the first regime after Lowe I never really understood who was running the club as Wilde Crouch Hone Delieu Hoos were all involved to some extent.

But Burley in my Opinion wasted £7-8 Million

Can't disagree with anything there!!

Saints fans really **** me off at the momment. Another player who when fit gave his all for the club but now he has gone all of a sudden he is "no loss" "we got some profit" "he wanted to leave" "he cost us to much money" "he only played 13 games" and so on.

He played 23 games last season and was our player of the year. He was a huge piece in the future of this club and is a massive loss. He was a future club captain. I can just see it this time next year if Morgan goes it will be the same thing. Looking for reasons why we don't need him when in reality we do.

John.

For most of the last 10/12 years a really good player the chairman takes the credit and if it turns out to be a stinker its the manager or someone elses fault.

Saints fans really **** me off at the momment. Another player who when fit gave his all for the club but now he has gone all of a sudden he is "no loss" "we got some profit" "he wanted to leave" "he cost us to much money" "he only played 13 games" and so on.

He played 23 games last season and was our player of the year. He was a huge piece in the future of this club and is a massive loss. He was a future club captain. I can just see it this time next year if Morgan goes it will be the same thing. Looking for reasons why we don't need him when in reality we do.

I dont think he saw it like that.

Just a mercenary footballer not in the top 20 CBs I have seen play for the club but the best player brought in since we were relegated.

For most of the last 10/12 years a really good player the chairman takes the credit and if it turns out to be a stinker its the manager or someone elses fault.

When was the last time we signed a really good player .

Niemmi?

Crouch ?

Svensson?

Maybe we're just numb from all the bad news. Of course people realise he was an important player for is and could have been in the future as well but at the moment that is not what dictates if do or do not accept a bid for a player.

Guest Hacienda

BBC Radio Stoke have just said he's undergoing a medical and that the deal involving Pulis Jnr has yet to be concluded.

That would be Crouch. Scrabbling desperately, throwing good money after bad to land dire players on huge per week contracts. We will live with his mistakes for years to come.

Name them.

Oh no you can't, what a surprise... The only player we signed on a permnanent contract when Leon was chairman was Davies. Maybe you should start placing the blame at the real culprit - Wilde.

Did anybody see that game I think it was against Derby

We were down to nine men must have been before substitutes with Cliff in goal.

It was a great game I think we won 5 4 or 5 3

He was always the reserve goalie and a great captain but in truth would not live with our great side as a different era or would they adapt.

Never look back in reality onwards and upwards.

Name them.

Oh no you can't, what a surprise... The only player we signed on a permnanent contract when Leon was chairman was Davies. Maybe you should start placing the blame at the real culprit - Wilde.

No Burley with of course Mr Wilde's help

It was Burley really who brought in all the players not Wilde.

He just agreed too high wages

Wilde did nothing but f*ck up, Burley too. How Burley got away with it for so long is down to Wilde amongst others. They ALL have a lot to answer for: Askham & Lowe started ALL THIS, Wilde, Hone, esq. Crouch...

1.3 million - Derisory. Take away agents fees, lay off time and other costs – very poor business (disregarding idiotic baiting comments like from that insignificant Scooby weirdo) and we’ve lost our best player. I truly hope there was a contract clause but I doubt we’ll be graced with much information.

Game, set and match. Reserve team FC will struggle with inexperienced heads against journey men and strong, physical matches. Maybe division one if the agenda, pick us up even cheaper. Especially now we’ve got rid of one of our greatest ball winners and strong tackling/no-nonsense defenders (especially seeing as we’re critically weak in EVERY area, but more so defence) Good business Lowe!

What a sad, SAD day for SFC. How anyone can react positively to this is beyond me – this is the final nail in the coffin and an absolutely ludicrous risk with Svensson (you knew it from the Echo hype instructed by the club) and the frequency & succession of games in this league. Suicide. The bank wants money?! Is this the worn out line we get after every p*ss take decision?! Have the f*ckin directors and shady share holders fund Davies – they’ve made enough from the club (or is the plan to make that little bit more?! Lowe’s axis of evil)

Complete joke! Surman will probably leave too and we’ll be left with Burley’s Blunders on great contracts. That man has a lot to answer for. I hope the late nights out drinking, letting the players party and not train (while out chasing women), were worth it!!

Good business I'm afraid. Skacel, Euell, BWP (and maybe Dyer) are all on the market with various scouts watching tonight at the Reserves at Marchwood. The cull is not over yet, but I am still very optimistic about the season!

If this is really the fee, very very bad business indeed. On today's market he was worth at least twice as much. What on earth possessed Lowe to make so very public that we needed the money in such short order? Had he not done so Stoke, who are desparate to get people in, would surely have paid much more.

Yes, and unless you didn't know that by now but we need to cut our cloth -- immediately. We are no longer living in the Crouch regime's cloud cuckoo land, and I thank god almighty that we have a saavy businessman and professional at the tiller.

Wise words.

If this is really the fee, very very bad business indeed. On today's market he was worth at least twice as much. What on earth possessed Lowe to make so very public that we needed the money in such short order? Had he not done so Stoke, who are desparate to get people in, would surely have paid much more.

what if he has a release clause?

If there was a clause in his contract then there is no way in the world Stoke would have paid any extra!!

£1.3m is a poor fee for him so IMO the clause must have been written in when he signed, presumably in order to convince him to join us in the first place.

I'm no fan of Lowe (or Wilde or Crouch) and the sooner we find someone with enough money to get all 3 out of the club the better. But Lowe is now making the decisions that have to be made to try and get the club to survive. As was discussed previously, we are now reaping the rewards of not cutting or cloth accordingly over the past two seasons. Whoever gave Burley £7-8m to spend has to take a large chunk of the responsibility as we quite obviously didn't have the money to spend (not obvious at the time to the fans, but should have been obvious to the chairman).

If there was a clause in his contract then there is no way in the world Stoke would have paid any extra!!

£1.3m is a poor fee for him so IMO the clause must have been written in when he signed, presumably in order to convince him to join us in the first place.

I'm no fan of Lowe (or Wilde or Crouch) and the sooner we find someone with enough money to get all 3 out of the club the better. But Lowe is now making the decisions that have to be made to try and get the club to survive. As was discussed previously, we are now reaping the rewards of not cutting or cloth accordingly over the past two seasons. Whoever gave Burley £7-8m to spend has to take a large chunk of the responsibility as we quite obviously didn't have the money to spend (not obvious at the time to the fans, but should have been obvious to the chairman).

Can somebody explain why £1.3 million was a poor deal.

We only paid £1 million and he played a dozen or so games.

Matthew Mills went for £300000

Did we rip off Boro