Rebel

This is a good move. (As long as he is a Guthrie quality loan not a Hammill)

We get cover in the back but also it means that Lancashire & Racine get more time to develop with less pressure to bring them into the first team in emergency.

Now to sell Euell BWP & Thomas and we can get a couple more quality motivated players in.

I admire all your positive posts

:-)

Here's an even better one

So, we sell a player who we got because Middlesborough didn't want to keep him even though he was a CCC club's player of the season last year

And replace him with a player that Chelsea WANT to keep who was a CCC club's player of the season.

And yes I know he's only on loan but hey it's a positive way to think.

Personally I wouldn't take the positive happy clappy view, more I would take the view that our Management team are not quite as thick as many posters like to believe they are.

Rabbits, hat, one hand tied behind the back nice trick, keep it up is my view not a yee-haw we'll get promotion now view!

Notice on the website it says he can play anywhere across the back. Replacement for Surman then.

Well, there is always one who will try and turn some good news into bad.

:rolleyes:

Whilst it says that he can lay anywhere across the back his better positions are RB and DM. From what I have seen, read and heard he definitely right footed, so bringing him in as a LB would not be a good idea.

He is, however, fantastic cover/competition for James at RB.

And I would imagine that, if circumstances dictate, Wotton would be used at CB with Cork at DM as opposed to the latter being used as a CB. Or even Cork at RB with James moving into midfield.

Whatever, this guy is a great addition to our squad and will give us far greater flexibility and cover.

Edited by Minsk

Why is it excellent news? Only time will judge that!

Erm, it's excellent news because he's a quality young player who has already proven his worth at this level, signed in the face of competition from our peers, to play in a position where we've just lost a good player.

Can we not celebrate that, or do we have to wait until he leaves, when it will be bad news...?

(Well done Saints, good signing)

:-)

Here's an even better one

So, we sell a player who we got because Middlesborough didn't want to keep him even though he was a CCC club's player of the season last year

And replace him with a player that Chelsea WANT to keep who was a CCC club's player of the season.

And yes I know he's only on loan but hey it's a positive way to think.

Personally I wouldn't take the positive happy clappy view, more I would take the view that our Management team are not quite as thick as many posters like to believe they are.

Rabbits, hat, one hand tied behind the back nice trick, keep it up is my view not a yee-haw we'll get promotion now view!

all boils down to how good he is on the pitch for us and, hate to spoil this lovin, but us WINNING football matches

Are you thinking England's U19 Captain and Scunny's Player of the Year in the CCC isnt good enough for us?

i think he is a great signing BUT without experience support ALL over the pitch he is one young guy.

lots of posters on there think that this game is easy

i think he is a great signing BUT without experience support ALL over the pitch he is one young guy.

lots of posters on there think that this game is easy

Of course it isnt easy. We proved that last season with experienced and expensive players. This is a quality signing. Hopefully if he does well and we offload Saga and Rasiak in January we can convert it into a season long loan.

I thought Lloyd James played really well at RB against Brum I would put him in the centre of defence, give us some legs there.

You weren't watching the same game as me then. He was the worst player on our team. Very easy to get past, out of possition too much. Shows some flashes of good but then makes massive mistakes. He's lucky he doesn't have any real competition for RB....until now.

All IMO of course

Erm, it's excellent news because he's a quality young player who has already proven his worth at this level, signed in the face of competition from our peers, to play in a position where we've just lost a good player.

Can we not celebrate that, or do we have to wait until he leaves, when it will be bad news...?

(Well done Saints, good signing)

If you don't mind I will refrain from describing his signing as "great" or "excellent" until I see him play and if you mean he helped S****horpe get relegated means he is proven then I think your standards are a little low.

He may well turn out to be a good acquisition but lets not pump this up too much for Christ's sake.