Next 6 League Games

Latheal

After an encouraging start (personally I'm more than happy with 3 pts from the opening 3 games that we had) what do people think about the next 6? Obviously its early days and like I wasn't getting too downhearted when we lost our first 2 (was there against Birmingham and like many, believe we should have gone in 2 goals up in the first half - there's not a lot you can do when the Brum play all 4 of their 20 goal a season strikers) and not getting carried away with the win yesterday. However, looking at our next 6 games, I'm a little excited. Too be honest, they all seem winable and if the kids get on a roll, who knows? I reckon 12 out of the next 18 points would be an achievable return which may set us up right amongst it come the beginning of October. Little worried that Svensson probably won't play any midweek games and the fact that we need to take our chances when we are on top, but think, just think, we may be in for an interesting ride.

Blackpool H

QPR A

Ipswich H

Barnsley H

Doncaster A

Norwich H

What do you guys think?

From those:

Blackpool: must win - they look poor this season, and have sold Kaspars Gorkss and Wes Hoolahan, who were two of their best players last year

QPR: draw - they look a bit inconsistent, but have been well-backed to be there or thereabouts

Ipswich: draw - Ipswich have gone full circle over the summer, last season they were unbeatable at home, this season they've lost all their home games and won their away games. They've got a decent-looking side, particularly with Richard Wright in goal.

Barnsley: win - the fact they're relying on Darren Moore to marshall their defence shows where Barnsley are likely to be come the end of the season. Brian Howard's obviously one to watch, but apart from that they don't seem to offer much.

Doncaster: draw - they've had a decent start, which isn't unexpected given the momentum they had from last season

Norwich: win - sounded like they were utter ****e away at Coventry on the opening day, but then recovered from 2-0 down at Cardiff yesterday. We owe them for last season's robbery...

So basically, yes, I agree, 12 points from 18 would be fine. I'd accept 9 or 10 as a minimum, injuries and dodgy decisions dependent.

I think QPR away is a tricky one to call - I think they are going to be one of those teams that don't set the league on fire but will just grind out results at home and live off this new found reputation they have got with their owners. Ipswich are a quality team and should be a good game of football and a good yardstick to see how far our kids have come (is anybody else calling them "our kids" yet?). Doncaster have been getting good reviews as well and don't think that would be easy. I think we're capable of 4 wins out of those 6 with Blackpool, Barnsley and Norwich (just don't rate them). I'll take another from the other 3 games, not really bothered which! I do think Donny are a lot better than people give them credit for.

Eighteen points is entirely achievable IMO. Why rule it out, because we're not used to it? The next six games are all winnable,with the QPR away game being the one that sticks out as being the hardest.

Heart says we can get 14 points, head says 12. Anything more than 10 and I will be content, though of course, being a Saints fan, I'm used to disappointment.

Blackpool H (3pts)

QPR A (0pts)

Ipswich H (1pt)

Barnsley H (3pts)

Doncaster A (1pt)

Norwich H (1pt) = 9

Blackpool H (3pts)

QPR A (0pts)

Ipswich H (3pts)

Barnsley H (3pts)

Doncaster A (1pt)

Norwich H (3pts) = 13

The bottom one is me in a good mood and feeling good, and the other one is normal. We will probably go and beat QPR after losing at home to Blackpool.

A win in the cup in the week followed by 3 points on Sat could set us up quite well.

With a group of young players - lets take each game as it comes. Theres no point getting over-excited about one win (even if it was a fantastic performance) in the saem way as there was no point in being a doom & gloom merchant after the defeats to Cardiff & Birmingham.

Not to worried about Tuesday as its not that important in the great scheme of things and I assume that Svennson will be rested. The big one is on Saturday - we've always struggled against the so-called lesser teams so that might be the time to find our killer touch.

Blackpool - A must win. We really ought to pick up points there.

QPR - Could be a toughie, i've got them tipped for play-offs this season. I'd be happy with a draw.

Ipswich - Difficult, but we could probably get three points if we defend well and create chances for DMG and John.

Barnsley - At least a draw, but it could prove difficult to win against them, they have the brute force that could tear apart our team.

Doncaster - Ought to win, but I somehow doubt that we'll pick up any points what with it being an away match and Donny having such a strong following at home. 2-1 is my prediction.

Norwich - Bore draw.

Blackpool H WIN

QPR A LOSE

Ipswich H DRAW

Barnsley H DRAW

Doncaster A DRAW

Norwich H Win

9 points. i wavered over the Norwich one as they're a bit of a bogey side if I recall correctly. The reason it is not higher is because we are due a Davis calamity soon and I'm a bit concerned about Killer's knee, which I forecast will go between Barnsley and Doncaster. Perhaps on the motorway.

Blackpool - a must win to regain som momentun after our defeat to Brum in the cup. 3 points.

QPR - I can see us getting a win here, but I wouldn't want to count on getting anything. 0 points

Ipswich - a very winnable game, so we'll get a draw. 1 points

Barnsley - Another must win that we really should win. 3 points

Doncaster - started well with a victory at Derby but not really shown anything since. 3 points

Norwich - ah bugger it why not a win? 3 points

13 points? I must be on the happy pills.

After an encouraging start (personally I'm more than happy with 3 pts from the opening 3 games that we had) what do people think about the next 6? Obviously its early days and like I wasn't getting too downhearted when we lost our first 2 (was there against Birmingham and like many, believe we should have gone in 2 goals up in the first half - there's not a lot you can do when the Brum play all 4 of their 20 goal a season strikers) and not getting carried away with the win yesterday. However, looking at our next 6 games, I'm a little excited. Too be honest, they all seem winable and if the kids get on a roll, who knows? I reckon 12 out of the next 18 points would be an achievable return which may set us up right amongst it come the beginning of October. Little worried that Svensson probably won't play any midweek games and the fact that we need to take our chances when we are on top, but think, just think, we may be in for an interesting ride.

Blackpool H

QPR A

Ipswich H

Barnsley H

Doncaster A

Norwich H

What do you guys think?

Blackpool,Barnsley and Doncaster are all vital games because they will most likely be amongst us near the bottom trying to survive. QPR,Ipswich i dont really expect anything. So because were Saints chances are we will win against QPR and Ipswich and lose the rest!

Either way i think we will find out what kind of season were in for after those games.