Forum match at SMS - Cancelled

stevegrant

Evening all,

Having originally believed the club weren't running end-of-season pitch events this season, I got a call last week to tell me that, in fact, they are, so we've again got the opportunity to play a game on the hallowed turf at St Mary's.

Unfortunately, the cost has gone up a bit from last year, so that means that, should we get enough interest to confirm the game, the cost will be as follows:

90 minutes: £270

45 minutes: £135

There will be 6 90-minute slots in both teams and 10 45-minute slots (5 in the first half, 5 in the second half).

If you wish to participate, please email playatsms@saintsweb.co.uk with ALL of the following details:

Forum Username

Real Name

Email Address

Preferred Foot (left, right, both, two left feet, etc)

Up to three preferred positions in order of preference (options: GK, RB, LB, CB, RM, LM, CM, ST - each should be self-explanatory)

45 or 90 minutes (also say whether you'd be willing to accept the alternative)

The deadline for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 5th April, and payments will be due within two weeks of that date (i.e. by 5pm on Tuesday 19th April).

Full Members will be given priority if the event is oversubscribed.

If anyone has any questions, please either PM me or post below.

Good luck :)

How good are the people who play in these games? Is it a similar standard to the old fleming park training games?

It's similar, maybe the Forum game is a little better because there are a lot of 45-minuters so the pace is a little higher overall, or maybe I'm just older and sh1itter now.

Actually, no maybe about it !

There are a few videos on YouTube that will give you an idea.

It's similar, maybe the Forum game is a little better because there are a lot of 45-minuters so the pace is a little higher overall, or maybe I'm just older and sh1itter now.

Actually, no maybe about it !

There are a few videos on YouTube that will give you an idea.

Me playing a beautiful ball through for The9 to slot under the keeper. (2 years ago)

Edited by Griffo

I ask this every year - can I be team physio please ;)

You'll have your work cut out. Make sure you do your homework when it comes to cramp:lol:

How good are the people who play in these games? Is it a similar standard to the old fleming park training games?

2 legs and you're a shoe in.

For me the highlight of last years game was this (off camera) gem.

For me the highlight of last years game was this (off camera) gem.

Lol, I dont see any evidence of being sent off,it is a figment of your imagination, but the camera caught you looking like a rabbit in the headlights as you didn't know where to stand! it reminded me of the gawky kid at school who only played with his trainset and had no idea what the rules of football were

It does seem incredibly expensive,well to me anyway.

Well if I was still in my old job and not keeping an eye on the pennies (through freelance work) then the cost wouldn't particularly bother me.

The excitement of the whole thing is well worth the money.

I spend £5 to play 5-a-side each week and i'd say getting in the St Mary's changing rooms and then running out on the hallowed pitch is well over 27 times more exciting!

Expensive, but chance to live the boyhood dream !

Some of us had the honour of playing at the Dell on a fairly regular basis for free.All this Staplewood stuff has denied many a young man that privilege.Think I must have played at the Dell on 8 or 10 occasions.There must be loads of young Saints players who will never play at SMS.

Sitting at the airport lounge, sipping me Bucks Fizz and munching my Strawberry Jam & Clotted Cream Scones thinking it don't get better than ..... and woosh I find it's game on again!

Damn, if only I had known yesterday could have nobbled Oldnick down the pub last night!