SaintsWeb Prediction League

stevegrant

If you've not already seen it and joined up, the SaintsWeb Prediction League will be running again this season.

The idea is simple, predict the score for every Saints game and gain points depending on how accurate your predictions are.

You get 10 points for each perfect prediction (i.e. the score and the result), or 5 if you get the right result (e.g. win, lose or draw) but not the right score. If you've not got the full 10 points, you can also get a bonus point for correctly predicting either team's score.

Examples:

Saints v Southend last season, finished 3-1 to Saints.

User 1 predicts 3-1 Saints win - scores 10 points

User 2 predicts 3-0 Saints win - scores 6 points, 5 for the correct result, 1 for predicting Saints scoring 3

User 3 predicts 2-0 Saints win - scores 5 points

User 4 predicts 1-1 draw - scores 1 point for predicting Southend scoring 1

User 5 predicts 2-0 Southend win - scores 0 points

You can find the Prediction League by clicking the menu option at the top of the page (next to the highlighted "Forum" option), then go to "My Predictions" to start entering your scores. You can amend your predictions right up until kickoff in each game.

When predicting, the Saints score is always first!

Is the saints score always first? Or doed it depend on home or away?

Saints score is always first.

Important to note for cup games that may go to extra time and/or penalties, the score is the score at the end of playing time, either 90 minutes or 120 minutes where applicable. For example, the Norwich and Torquay JPT games last season would go down as 2-2, not any sort of Saints win.

I agree, it definitely isnt plain. Hence my question.

Steve, maybe worth putting it at the top of the prediction page...?

it is - the big heading on the "My Predictions" page says "My Predictions - Saints Score First"... will emphasise it again though.

Saints score is always first.

Important to note for cup games that may go to extra time and/or penalties, the score is the score at the end of playing time, either 90 minutes or 120 minutes where applicable. For example, the Norwich and Torquay JPT games last season would go down as 2-2, not any sort of Saints win.

Steve, I tried to save the JPT score but it doesn't show it has like the league fixtures (well the first two).

Some friendly advice for those updating their initial predictions as I think I've found a bug in the software (or should I say feature to quote some software developers I know).

I originally had the Bournemouth game down as a 1:1 draw but updated my score on Monday night to 2:1.

However, I didn't notice that when you "Save" your revised score it actually resets to 0:0. You actually have to enter the score again and Save it again before the system records it properly. As a result I was listed as not having submitted a score for the Bournemouth match. No matter but I thought I would pass it on.

Some friendly advice for those updating their initial predictions as I think I've found a bug in the software (or should I say feature to quote some software developers I know).

I originally had the Bournemouth game down as a 1:1 draw but updated my score on Monday night to 2:1.

However, I didn't notice that when you "Save" your revised score it actually resets to 0:0. You actually have to enter the score again and Save it again before the system records it properly. As a result I was listed as not having submitted a score for the Bournemouth match. No matter but I thought I would pass it on.

Damn -that would be the reason that my Plymouth score wasn't recorded as well. I demand a refund :)

Well spotted. Cheers, I'll get that fixed asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me, changed my initial Bournemouth prediction (I think to 2-1) and as a result my prediction was lost altogether, so here I am bottom of the table with nil points, with a game in hand :-( Still, its early days, 40+ games to go, no need to panic, everything is hunky dory in AP we trust (oh, forgot this is the Prediction League not League One).

EASY EASY

That goes with the saints web premier league fantasy football thing too.

I probably have about a 1 in 10 success rate in saving my predictions.

Something is clearly not working properly

When you save it it the score needs to be above the drop down boxes (it makes sense to me) you use to select the score ?

If that doesn't make sense i will do a piccy for you.