Luke Shaw Going

Winchester Red

Don't shoot the messenger.

I have a good contact at Spurs and they expected to sign him this week but now my contact says they've lost out to Chelsea. £15m and close to £100k a week. Nearly 4 x what spurs would pay him.

Don't know if there's a loan back for a year which was mooted at one point

Hope it's crap but there you go

I have a good contact at Spurs and they expected to sign him this week but now my contact says they've lost out to Chelsea. £15m and close to £100k a week. Nearly 4 x what spurs would pay him.

who do you know at spurs or do u know somone that says they know someone at spurs? big difference

If it is true then one hopes that £15m gets added to the £30m war chest. I'm not really in for buying instant success (or hopefully so) but if other clubs are going to constantly shaft us and buy all our best players.......

it was almost credible until the 100k/week.

Luke Shaw‏@Luke_shaw31h

Gotta love the traffic in London

tweeted this so must be in London for a meeting with Abramovich

Luke Shaw‏@Luke_shaw33h

Selfridges with @AshFalloon5 and the mother @joannashaw3

and this so must be spending his 100k a week!

Can't see Chelsea paying him £100k a week to be honest.

Why the rush? Another two years playing regular prem football and he still won't have reached his 20th birthday. If we aren't matching his ambitions by then, fine. Sell him to a top 4 club for a handsome fee. He only needs to look at the development of Walcott, Chamberlain, Bale in the first 1-2 years after leaving us, to realise he would be best served by regular football. IMO can't even see Chelsea paying a 17/18-year old £100,000 a week, nor do I think we could get £15 million for him if he is yet to sign a professional contract. Would the figure not be sorted by a tribunal?...This is all hypothetical anyway, I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't have posted articles on the OS about him committing his future to us, if Cortese wasn't certain of keeping him (don't recall us ever doing anything similar with Chamberlain anyway). It would be an awful PR gaffe if he were to then leave.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/10/southampton-luke-shaw-contract-arsenal

People seem to have forgotten this. There was a massive deal made of it by the club and media. I think the OS even did a video interview for saints player celebrating the news.

"To put an end to all the speculation, I will be committing my future to Southampton. I'm not going anywhere."

Edited by jamesfp1

Can we change the thread title from 'Luke Shaw Going' to 'My mates, Aunties, Sisters, Cousins, Brothers, Uncles, Grandmothers, Sons mate who works for Spurs says they might possibly consider looking into buying Luke Shaw'. Would seem more appropriate.

Why do we always have to assume that rumours are true? Anyone can post anything on a website. I do not necessarily doubt that Winchester Red has a friend at Tottenham but he could be a wind up merchant or just passing on a baseless rumour he heard himself. There is basically nothing in this.

Last week we had all sorts of rumours about Cortese's position which turned out to be nothig at all.

Bullsh1t, now were in the Prem with a £60 million minimum prize money next year I highly doubt that we are going to sell any of our key players, if we want to achieve the goal of top 4 in the future we cannot sell them :spaz: . I mean B!tch please...

£100k a week is crazy, I agree

Chelsea are crazy though, so wouldn't rule it out on that alone.

Can a twitterer ask him directly. Maybe we can get a straight denial. An evasion wouldn't be good

Chelsea aren't particularly known for paying silly wages for young players are they?