Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Uruguay ranked 12th

Copa America - of the 7 games in the last 2 years, played 3, not in squad 1, injured 3

WCQ - of the 6 games, played 0, injured 0

WC - of the 4 games, played 2, on the bench in 2 (so not sure if that counts)

Friendlies don't count, not that that would have made a difference, so I can't see how he is going to meet the criteria for a work permit as he is way short of the 75% mark.

Exceptions to this can be made when players have previously demonstrated their talent (debatable) its the same case for Subotic from Dortmund (fantastic signing, btw) who they are also in for.

Don't see how that can be. If he was owned by Saints he couldn't possibly be owned by anyone else. We had the problem obviously with Bologna and Penarol but once we paid them all off then his registration was owned outright by SFC and no-one else. Third party ownership being illegal in the UK. Once he was out of contract with us I don't see how he wasn't a free agent.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-pull-out-chase-sign-11402681

I was wrong.... looks as though they just didn't want to be played. So possibly more similar to the Shaqiri suggestions.

Don't see how that can be. If he was owned by Saints he couldn't possibly be owned by anyone else. We had the problem obviously with Bologna and Penarol but once we paid them all off then his registration was owned outright by SFC and no-one else. Third party ownership being illegal in the UK. Once he was out of contract with us I don't see how he wasn't a free agent.

Because he signed a pre contract with penarol in January

Right I've looked it up. Apparently he had a pre-contract deal to return to Penarol when he was free of Saints.

Middlesborough couldn't find a way round that without paying Penarol but Gaston's agent seems to have sorted it in some way and his return to Uruguay's side for the Copa may get him by the Work Permit problem.

Exceptions to this can be made when players have previously demonstrated their talent (debatable) its the same case for Subotic from Dortmund (fantastic signing, btw) who they are also in for.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neven-subotic-middlesbrough-fcs-double-11615168

Does anyone know the rules for appeal? It seems Boro are resigned to fail on the initial application (as per the bits I put), but the article states....But they are confident they will win on the point based first stage of the appeal process. He is coming from a category one league and will be among Boro’s top earners so ticks the boxes in the process. They are also confident Uruguay playmaker Ramirez will get a new permit on appeal.

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball

Spurs finalising £10.8m deal for Georges-Kevin N’Koudou with N'Jie set for loan exit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/18/tottenham-consider-clinton-njie--loan-exit-with-108m-georges-kev/

The signing of N’Koudou will not necessarily mean Tottenham abandon their search for another attacking midfielder, despite the fact Liverpool are emerging as favourites to sign Newcastle United’s Georginio Wijnaldum.

#BoufalWatch

Can anyone think of an example of a player who didn't end up playing in the Premier League after a team wanted them, based on being rejected for a Work Permit?

Seems these cases keep coming up but they are always got around. There probably is an example or two, but I can't think of them.

Can anyone think of an example of a player who didn't end up playing in the Premier League after a team wanted them, based on being rejected for a Work Permit?

Seems these cases keep coming up but they are always got around. There probably is an example or two, but I can't think of them.

that bloke we had, Jacinto Ela Whotsit. I think we thought he had a Spanish passport but he didn't and when we eventually applied for a WP it was rejected or so I remember..

Edited by Window Cleaner

We had some Ukrainian kid who was banging them in for the reserves but couldn't get a permit. Ended up loaning him to Ireland and all sorts.

We had some Ukrainian kid who was banging them in for the reserves but couldn't get a permit. Ended up loaning him to Ireland and all sorts.

Ah yes, Pereyplotkin or something like that. Then there was the Japanese at Arsenal, spent years on loan in Holland and Germany until he finally qualified for a WP but by the time he had one he was ****ged out, Ended up at Bolton i think.

I'm still surprised how quiet it's all been this window re: Marko Arnautović.

Year left on his contract & (I believe) a clause has now kicked-in where he's available at a certain price.

That's because teams know he is available and what his price is. Unless he is first choice you can leave him on the backburner. His cost is known. I'd expect more chatter about him in the last few weeks of the window as clubs start to lose out on targets and turn to backups.

Someone will get him for a good price but pay him far too much in wages. At least, that is my prediction.

Ah yes, Pereyplotkin or something like that. Then there was the Japanese at Arsenal, spent years on loan in Holland and Germany until he finally qualified for a WP but by the time he had one he was ****ged out, Ended up at Bolton i think.

That's the fellar. Think he eventually ended up at Derby on a Latvian passport but didn't do much.

GUNNERS CLOSE ON HOLDING

Arsenal are closing in on the signing of England U21 international defender Rob Holding from Bolton.

The 20-year-old reportedly travelled down to the capital on Monday for a medical and to finalise personal terms after a bid in the region of £2m was accepted by Wanderers.

Holding has been with Bolton since the age of seven and made his senior debut in a Capital One Cup tie against Burton Albion last August.

Capable of playing as either a centre-back or a full-back, Holding made 30 appearances last season and was named the club's Player of the Year in a campaign which ended in relegation to Sky Bet League One.

He was called up to Gareth Southgate's U21 squad at the end of that season and was part of the successful side at the Toulon Tournament in France.

Arsenal signing another Calum Chambers then...

STOKE MAKE BERAHINO BID

Stoke have made a bid worth £20m for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, according to Sky sources.

Good, this will force our hand if we are interested. £20m isn't too bad baring in mind we received £35m+ for Mane. He fits our model of bringing in young players with experience and future prospects. Edited by Saint_Ash

I see that Morgan is not among the 25 man squad fro Man Utd's tour of China. You would think that based on that and lack of any news on an injury, he must be off?

No the 4 United players who made the QFs with their respective nations are not yet back from their break. Euro final was less than 10 days ago and a 3 week break minimum is mandatory I think. Player might want to go straight back to his club but it's not on. Did Cedric and José go to the US with Saints, no they didn't, are they back in training? No they aren't. Euro plays havoc with clubs' summer plans.

I see that Morgan is not among the 25 man squad fro Man Utd's tour of China. You would think that based on that and lack of any news on an injury, he must be off?

He said he didn't want to be sitting at home watching the CL on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so it will have to be Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal or City that come in for him.

Oh dear....it will be Everton.

Good, this will force our hand if we are interested. £20m isn't too bad baring in mind we received £35m+ for Mane. He fits our model of bringing in young players with experience and future prospects.

I don't believe we are interested.

'UNITED POGBA BID IMMINENT'

To huge developments on the future of Paul Pogba now, and Sky in Italy report that Manchester United are set to make an official bid for the Juventus midfielder.

Our colleagues in Italy understand United are set to meet Juventus directors as well the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, in the next few hours.

United are expected to make an opening offer of about €103-104m (£86.5-£87.3m).

We also understand Pogba has already agreed personal terms with United, believed to worth €13m (£10.9m) per season.

To huge developments on the future of Paul Pogba now, and Sky in Italy report that Manchester United are set to make an official bid for the Juventus midfielder.

Our colleagues in Italy understand United are set to meet Juventus directors as well the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, in the next few hours.

We also understand Pogba has already agreed personal terms with United, believed to worth €13m (£10.9m) per season.

At that price Real will buy him, that's where he wants to play. The problem comes from the 25 million € cut that Pogba takes from the deal, pushing the price up to around 125 million €. Real won't pay that even though they want the player and he wants to go there.

opening offer

opening offer

opening offer

opening offer

opening offer

Football has gone insane.

Reminds me of possibly apocryphal Peter Ridsdale story at Leeds. That player from Stoke (ISTR) was with his agent when offered a weekly salary so staggeringly high he looked across at his agent with raised eyebrows.. Ridsdale immediately raised the figure by another £X k a week!

The sad thing is though, Man U can afford it when Leeds couldn't.

If I was his agent, got €25m for the signing on fee and, if you say 15-25% of earnings, then I would have one client and retire when he stopped being a cash cow.

Reminds me of possibly apocryphal Peter Ridsdale story at Leeds. That player from Stoke (ISTR) was with his agent when offered a weekly salary so staggeringly high he looked across at his agent with raised eyebrows.. Ridsdale immediately raised the figure by another £X k a week!

Heard a similar story about Pompey, also the classic one of when Jimmy Bullard signed for Hull on what was agreed to be £40k a week but there was a typo in the contract so he signed it at £50k!