The New, New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

Am I the only one who has a gut feeling that Puel really isn't the right man for the job?

Totally agree with you . We seem to want someone based on their ability to show off / advertise our academy prospects and work on a tight budget .

The football itself seems to be less important .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Totally agree with you . We seem to want someone based on their ability to show off / advertise our academy prospects and work on a tight budget .

You've just made that up.

What's that based on?

You've just made that up.

An agenda

Gut feeling I guess .

Just odd to choose a manager who doesn't really stand out compared to quality managers who were interested .

Who would have been your choice that would have made the football important?

Gut feeling I guess .

Just odd to choose a manager who doesn't really stand out compared to quality managers who were interested .

But we're not aware of the criteria that the board were looking for, so we don't know that. They will have examined much more football played under Puel than any of us on the here have and have a real overall view of his history and management that we simply don't. Likewise, they may have done the same for the other candidates and everyone would have had different qualities, but if we have appointed Puel, then it's safe to assume that he ticked all the boxes that the board were looking for more than anyone else.

I would not be surprised if they ran comparisons of players at our disposal and players he has worked with to see if there are any similarities and if he'd be able to utilise their skills. Perhaps, again, they did this for everyone, comparing our current squads to those at other candidates disposals and the board again came up with the idea that Puel was the best fit.

Also, isn't it good that we operate under a strict budget? Failing to do so before nearly lost us our club, and it is the strict budget and continual financial growth that allows us to continue to expand areas off the pitch as well as on it that have made us so successful and lauded around the country. Living within your means is to be commended, not condemned and is a very weird stick to beat the club with, and also strange given that we clearly aren't averse to spending money where we see fit. It's not as if all our players are bought in on the cheap or on loans.

Surprised at 3 years, thought it might have been 5 for the 5 year plan, maybe it's a case of see how he does in the first year and offer another couple if he does well.

He`s no good apparently, well according to the experts here...so we can get shot cheaply... ;)

Surprised at 3 years, thought it might have been 5 for the 5 year plan, maybe it's a case of see how he does in the first year and offer another couple if he does well.

Is it just me who has no interest whatsoever in having the same manager for five years?

Is it just me who has no interest whatsoever in having the same manager for five years?

Nope i'm with you. If we have the same manager for five years it means we are plodding along mid table with no one wanting to either nick him off us or worth the risk of sacking.

So we can expect no improvements to the squad until Late July?

Noticed this as well . I guess Reed is choosing our players so the new manager doesn't need to ?

Doesn't leave much time to find and sign new players plus get them integrated .

Noticed this as well . I guess Reed is choosing our players so the new manager doesn't need to ?

Doesn't leave much time to find and sign new players plus get them integrated .

Unless they discussed potential targets during the Puel interviews and have put the wheels in motion on deals already...

kermitsaint, the person who wanted Koeman out.

Excuse me if I don't take his arguments or feelings seriously what so ever. I'll pay more attention to my dog.

Funny , since he was chased out most people seem to be saying he was no good anyway .

I never rated him . Unlike some I'm not afraid to say it .

I doubt your dog pays much attention to you either

Every manager we have had has had to operate under a strict budget .

Can you define strict budget? I would have thought the budget would be commensurate to the size of the club and therefore the finances available. We are not Man U so our budget would be less than theirs.

Unless they discussed potential targets during the Puel interviews and have put the wheels in motion on deals already...

Guess it depends on who we look to bring in . Hopefully players to get the fans a little bit excited .

His teams are knackered by game 30. Needs to work on that.

Exactly this. This is his biggest downfall as manager, he works them hard, they work hard for him, if any team could sustain it they'd walk a league. Spurs should have been dead and buried by the end of the season, just like we should have carried on momentum and got a European place under him.

I don't necessarily buy the "no plan b" stuff, it's about not destroying the players so they can't do a full season. Let alone then expect 5 or 6 members of said knackered team to play for England.