Legitimate protest? Errrr....

Saint_Jonny

Millions of Britons have fallen silent to remember those who have died in war.

But in London the solemn moment was marred by a small group of protesters calling themselves Muslims Against Crusades, who burned a model of a poppy.

As the clock struck 11am, the nation paused to mark the anniversary of Armistice Day, when peace returned to Europe at the end of the First World War.

The agreement between Germany and the Allies after four years of fighting took effect at the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918.

Wearing their poppies with pride, people joined in the two-minute silence as various commemoration services and events were held around the country.

The protest, in Exhibition Road, Kensington, involved about 30 people.

About 50 counter demonstrators gathered nearby but the two sides were kept apart by police.

Police clashed briefly with members of the Muslims Against Crusades group at one stage and at least one man was dragged to the floor and arrested.

But order was quickly restored as officers completely surrounded the small group.

article-1328703-0C0524CF000005DC-715_634x457.jpg

More...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328703/Remembrance-Day-Poppy-burning-Muslim-protesters-mar-Armistice-Day.html

How the hell do they keep getting away with this sort of thing? The demonstrations outside the court which sentanced the woman who stabbed the MP was bad enough but this is obscene. If I went in the street and shouted "Muslims burn in hell" etc then I would either be lynched or arrested and sentenced. The police and government have to stop stepping lightly around this issue in order not to offend them and stamp it out!!!

Jesus. Sounded like a Daily Mail reader then.

How the hell do they keep getting away with this sort of thing? The demonstrations outside the court which sentanced the woman who stabbed the MP was bad enough but this is obscene. If I went in the street and shouted "Muslims burn in hell" etc then I would either be lynched or arrested and sentenced. The police and government have to stop stepping lightly around this issue in order not to offend them and stamp it out!!!

Jesus. Sounded like a Daily Mail reader then.

Probably because we have a right to protest and free speech (up to a point), and British soldier isn't a religion. Don't agree with their message, but until they break a law, agree with their right to do it.

What a bunch of knobs the only reason they can live in this country with the freedoms of speech they can take advantage of in this way is because of the people who laid down their lives a long time before Iraq and Afghanistan. They did this in the countries they originated from against a remembrance event like today they would be flogged in the streets legally by the authorities and the locals there.

Ah well that's Special Branch through my front door at 6am in the morning sometime in the next few days.

That's just so wrong. Would any other Country stand for that, let alone protect them?

When did we get so soft?

As others have said, (And you have to laugh, otherwise you would cry) we are more than likely supporting them with houses, benefits, healthcare etc etc.

I would consider myself tolerent of all races and religions - but i find my tolerence and acceptance of other cultures, religons etc, eroding everytime i see rubbish like this.

I guess it's another example of the tiny element ruining it for the decent majority.

****ing disgraceful! If they dont like it, go home!

Whilst I disagree with what they are doing, this comment is pretty ignorant. Plenty of those Muslims are at home.

Sadly this is another example of the minority having more rights than the majority.

Again, I disagree with their protest, but this is complete b*llocks only believed by thick people and perpetuated by tabloids. They have exactly the same rights as you or I.

My attitude is the same as it is to those blokes in Luton - i.e. if a couple of dozen pitiful losers want to draw attention to themselves, isn't shrugging and ignoring them the best way to beat them?

It seems hard to believe now, but in the years following the Second World War the Union Movement (a tiny but active pro-Nazi, anti-Semitic remnant of Mosleyite old boys from the 30s) held rallies in Jewish areas of London. A march in Camden was attended by about 1500, much more than 30 I'm sure you'll agree. Needless to say their activities resulted in confrontations; but the interesting thing is that they attracted hardly any media coverage whatsoever, because the fascists were seen for the insignificant bunch of weirdos they were.

Would be nice if people had a similar attitude to this kind of ****** these days IMO.

That's just so wrong. Would any other Country stand for that, let alone protect them?

When did we get so soft?

As others have said, (And you have to laugh, otherwise you would cry) we are more than likely supporting them with houses, benefits, healthcare etc etc.

I would consider myself tolerent of all races and religions - but i find my tolerence and acceptance of other cultures, religons etc, eroding everytime i see rubbish like this.

I guess it's another example of the tiny element ruining it for the decent majority.

Then they win.

I'm glad that some level-headed people have appeared on this thread. It makes me feel safer that not everybody plays into the protesters' hands.

I absolutely understand that they have a right to protest, and spout what ever crap they want, I just dont think it should be aloud. For the simple reason that they ARE in the minority, and what they are doing WILL insight racial hatred in "thick" circles such as mine, and of course it offends anyone who has connections to the armed forces, or god forbid lost a loved one some time in the past.

For the poppy burning bastards OWN safety, and for the sake of racial equality in our less well educated areas, they shouldnt be allowed to protest like they are.

Benjii, i guess ultimately you are right and it's my failing.

It is hard not to get angry. I don't get angry about what they are saying though; I get angry that they are so stupid to believe that they have some divine prerogative to hurt others. But then do they really believe that? If they genuinely believed that Allah was looking out for them and hated us infidels would they not be doing something about it a bit more devastating than this? So I can only conclude they are just sad little idiots, like the vandals at yesterday's student protest, that they don't speak for the majority of the people they ostensibly stand up for and are best left ignored with a disdainful shake of the head.

Am I the only one who thinks it's good that these people can say and do what they like (within legal boundaries)? They are simply highlighting the freedom that our forefathers fought for.

And, furthermore, the more they shout down this country the more they highlight their hypocrisy.

Their aim is to make people angry. I simply refuse to rise to their bait.

Edited by trousers

................. but this is complete b*llocks only believed by thick people and perpetuated by tabloids. They have exactly the same rights as you or I.

I can give you a good example of where that is not quite true: you have someone like that matey Hamza, and other extremists, biting the hand that is feeding him and still keeping a roof over his head free and gratis regardless. Then you take my Auntie who was born in India with English parents (they came back to England in 1947 when she was still little), she decides that she wants to go abroad for her holidays and applies for a passport when into her fifties. The marathon she had to endure to prove her right to being entitled to a British Passport beggared belief, the family history she had to provide was mid blowing, both My Father and Uncle got their passports simple as years before when they did national service. This isn't something from the extreme right tabloids this is real fact, there are sections of our society who can stick 2 fingers up at will who get the least line of resistance approach from the authorities, then there are the law abiding folk who when they put so much as their big toe over the line get jumped all over.

Example of that last piece has nothing to do with ethnicity: my wife had her car stolen from outside the house on a Thursday, we informed the police etc. On the Saturday we were told that the car had been found and will be towed in the next hour to a local scrap yard at a cost of x and will be charged at X per day until we sort it out. This we were told in a there is no negotiating on this tone. we are going to do. Yet in there were 3 cars with Police aware notices on them parked on the ringroad at various points from the weekend before our car was stolen until the latter part of the following week. We are hard working honest folks our car is found and towed in the blink of an eye, these abandoned cars complete with number plates etc are just left as the folks who they belong to just stuck 2 fingers up to society, and are more than hard work to pursue.

Whilst I disagree with what they are doing, this comment is pretty ignorant. Plenty of those Muslims are at home.

Again, I disagree with their protest, but this is complete b*llocks only believed by thick people and perpetuated by tabloids. They have exactly the same rights as you or I.

They might have the same rights as us, but the difference is that if the same actions were taken by the indigenous British population against some Muslim or other ethnic group's celebration/holy day, then the authorities would come down hard on it with charges of racial hatred, incitement to riot or other public order offences. We might have the same rights, but some local authorities don't allow us to have nativity plays in our schools, lest we offend those pupils of different ethnic groups. The entire system is geared towards not upsetting their ethnic or religious sensibilities and the British public are getting fed up with it when our hospitality towards immigrants like these is abused.

But their protest was pointless really, as there is no heaven or hell. When they are dead, they will either be cremated or rot in the ground like everybody else. There is no spirit afterlife.

I can give you a good example of where that is not quite true: you have someone like that matey Hamza, and other extremists, biting the hand that is feeding him and still keeping a roof over his head free and gratis regardless. Then you take my Auntie who was born in India with English parents (they came back to England in 1947 when she was still little), she decides that she wants to go abroad for her holidays and applies for a passport when into her fifties. The marathon she had to endure to prove her right to being entitled to a British Passport beggared belief, the family history she had to provide was mid blowing, both My Father and Uncle got their passports simple as years before when they did national service. This isn't something from the extreme right tabloids this is real fact, there are sections of our society who can stick 2 fingers up at will who get the least line of resistance approach from the authorities, then there are the law abiding folk who when they put so much as their big toe over the line get jumped all over.

So your Aunt got a passport too? All you're saying is there was a lot of fuss? I don't understand how you can compare that unfavourably with this Hamza bloke as I'm pretty sure you have no idea how difficult it was for him to get a passport, which makes this whole comment meaningless. Two people got passports, probably both had to jump through lots of hoops first. As far as we can see they both had the same rights and still do, just like Kadeem said. There is nothing in your comment at all which illustrates a minority group getting preferential treatment.

Example of that last piece has nothing to do with ethnicity: my wife had her car stolen from outside the house on a Thursday, we informed the police etc. On the Saturday we were told that the car had been found and will be towed in the next hour to a local scrap yard at a cost of x and will be charged at X per day until we sort it out. This we were told in a there is no negotiating on this tone. we are going to do. Yet in there were 3 cars with Police aware notices on them parked on the ringroad at various points from the weekend before our car was stolen until the latter part of the following week. We are hard working honest folks our car is found and towed in the blink of an eye, these abandoned cars complete with number plates etc are just left as the folks who they belong to just stuck 2 fingers up to society, and are more than hard work to pursue.

Don't understand your point here. Are you saying that all of the cars belonged to minority groups or that people abandoning cars are a recognised minority group who get preferential treatment in the UK?

The rational part of me thinks it is their right to protest. I don't agree with it at all but if it really floats their boat...

The irrational part of my brain wonders where a skinhead with a knife is when you really need one.

Crumbs.

They might have the same rights as us, but the difference is that if the same actions were taken by the indigenous British population against some Muslim or other ethnic group's celebration/holy day, then the authorities would come down hard on it with charges of racial hatred, incitement to riot or other public order offences. We might have the same rights, but some local authorities don't allow us to have nativity plays in our schools, lest we offend those pupils of different ethnic groups. The entire system is geared towards not upsetting their ethnic or religious sensibilities and the British public are getting fed up with it when our hospitality towards immigrants like these is abused.

Have you actually got any evidence for this? Sounds like the alarmist crap you read in tabloids that turns out to be completely untrue.

Muslims did not break the 2 minute silence, 30 idiots who happen to be muslims did. There is a big difference.

You don't see Hundus or Seikhs waving anti British placards in British streets because the leaders of these communties would not allow it to happen. There is a deeper issue here and Muslims leaders are choosing not to address it.

In answer to those nutters in the UK.

Just wanted to point out that a large number of shops over here in Dubai were selling Poppies for the past couple of weeks.

As for Dune's post above, Muslim leaders DID address the issues. They arrested and harrassed the militants. It is just insane that YOU lot decided they were poor defenceless refugees being persecuted for their religious beliefs and gavce them Sanctuary, a platform to preach from and of course Benefits

In answer to those nutters in the UK.

Just wanted to point out that a large number of shops over here in Dubai were selling Poppies for the past couple of weeks.

As for Dune's post above, Muslim leaders DID address the issues. They arrested and harrassed the militants. It is just insane that YOU lot decided they were poor defenceless refugees being persecuted for their religious beliefs and gavce them Sanctuary, a platform to preach from and of course Benefits

I would imagine that most of those protesting were born here and were of Pakistani descent.

They have done more harm than good, to whatever cause it is they are banging on about.

This sort of thing used to make my blood boil, now I just don't give a flying fuuck.

Meanwhile, two blocks away, some paedo was buggering a small child.

The world is a bad place and we are all going to die. Sooner rather than later. I have grown to accept this.

What a bunch of ****s. Shame there wasn't a good old fashioned punch up with the counter demonstrators to see if Allah really is their protector. Beardy deserves a slap as well as that microphone shoved up his arse, the ****.

The EDL conducted a counter demo. I bet it pains the police having to protect the Islamists from them. Fair play to those who joined the counter demo.

The EDL conducted a counter demo. I bet it pains the police having to protect the Islamists from them. Fair play to those who joined the counter demo.

Get a bunch of squaddies, even numbers, no weapons, good old fashioned fisticuffs, see who wins. I bet i know who would go crying to the police for protection first or who would insist on being at the front of the A&E queue after they've got a battering.

Perhaps they should consider ****ing off to Afghanistan to join the Taliban and fight for their cause instead of insulting the memory of all the servicemen and servicewomen who have fallen, fighting for this Country.

There is nothing in your comment at all which illustrates a minority group getting preferential treatment.

One man says stone to death - and is arrested by the police

One man says burn to death- and is protected by the police

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?26404-Tory-arrested-for-twitter-comment

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?26399-Legitimate-protest-Errrr....

errr, where do you kick them out to? chances are they are British subjects.

I don't care if they are english, german, jewish, jedi, muslin or bhuddist.

If they do not want to respect the ideals and beliefs of this country or are asking for the death of British citizens then you clearly do not deserve to live here.

We don't have enough space/cash for everyone as it is.

And i don't care where they go.

I repeat, 30 out of how many Muslims in this country?

The most common name in this country is Mohammed, so quite a lot.

That said, i am not tarnishing every Muslin with the same brush, i don't care who they are or what religion, if you try to incite hatred, completely disrespect our ways and beliefs or even worse call for the death of other british citizens then they should be forcibly removed.

I don't care if they are english, german, jewish, jedi, muslin or bhuddist.

If they do not want to respect the ideals and beliefs of this country or are asking for the death of British citizens then you clearly do not deserve to live here.

We don't have enough space/cash for everyone as it is.

And i don't care where they go.

mmm, not really a workable idea though is it.

Tolerance is one of this country's greatest qualities and puts us a class above many others. Lets keep it that way.

The most common name in this country is Mohammed, so quite a lot.

That said, i am not tarnishing every Muslin with the same brush, i don't care who they are or what religion, if you try to incite hatred, completely disrespect our ways and beliefs or even worse call for the death of other british citizens then they should be forcibly removed.

where?

Couldn't care less, it's 30 too many.

If the same people demostrating were of Western Christian origin their parents and our comunity would have nipped this in the bud long ago, just like the Seikh or the Hindu comunities would never allow it. You cannot get away from the fact that the muslim community are not doing enough to keep their own house in order.

You don't see Hundus or Seikhs waving anti British placards in British streets because the leaders of these communties would not allow it to happen. There is a deeper issue here and Muslims leaders are choosing not to address it.

Dune, if these people were really determined to go ahead with their protest, as it seems they were, do you really think they would actually give a toss if their local imam raised objections about it?

As usual, you are highlighting the actions of a few and using it to paint a picture of the many. If you can show me evidence that this demo was condoned or endorsed by any leading members of the muslim faith then please do. Otherwise, stop posting your frothing, alarmist claptrap.

Dune, if these people were really determined to go ahead with their protest, as it seems they were, do you really think they would actually give a toss if their local imam raised objections about it?

As usual, you are highlighting the actions of a few and using it to paint a picture of the many. If you can show me evidence that this demo was condoned or endorsed by any leading members of the muslim faith then please do. Otherwise, stop posting your frothing, alarmist claptrap.

Muslims 'must root out extremism'

The prime minister told MPs it was down to moderate Muslims to stand up to extremism and tell those with "grievances" against the West they were wrong.

A Populus poll for The Times newspaper and ITV news suggests 13% of UK Muslims believe the 7/7 bombers should be regarded as martyrs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5144438.stm

So over 1 in 10 British Muslims considered the 7/7 murderers as heros. With this statistic in mind I think there is a very real problem that the Muslim community needs to deal with.