Red Nose Day

Gemmel

Anyone doing anything decent to raise money? Or going out somewhere special?

I feel a bit "bah humbug" about it all and trying to get into, but can't.

Town used to be decent on nights like these, but twenty years later, it's not quite the same thing.

Anyway hope they raise lots of money.

These 'events' did used to seem a yearly occurance, they now seem to happen every 5 minutes...The appeal of it all has died.

Plus I'm not 15 anymore so don't care about seeing someone from TOWIE wearing a funny hat.

Hate it, and Children in need, wont watch it, wont give a penny towards it. Just a bunch of wealthy "celebs" telling us to put our hands in our pockets whilst they promote themselves.

The BBC loving themselves for it and Children in need. "Children in ****ing need", there were children in need when Saville was their star and they turned a blind eye. The only thing I'd donate to watch is Eric Cantona kung fu kicking Stephen Fry in the ball bag.

Anyone doing anything decent to raise money? Or going out somewhere special?

I feel a bit "bah humbug" about it all and trying to get into, but can't.

Town used to be decent on nights like these, but twenty years later, it's not quite the same thing.

Anyway hope they raise lots of money.

me to its one of the few times of the year that even those tight nasty selfish misers show abit of compassion except the lost causes,mind you i,m glad its not called blue nose day :)

Hate it, and Children in need, wont watch it, wont give a penny towards it. Just a bunch of wealthy "celebs" telling us to put our hands in our pockets whilst they promote themselves.

The BBC loving themselves for it and Children in need. "Children in ****ing need", there were children in need when Saville was their star and they turned a blind eye. The only thing I'd donate to watch is Eric Cantona kung fu kicking Stephen Fry in the ball bag.

The best thing about Red Nose Day is how it gives an opportunity for us cynics to have a damn good moan about how cynical it all is... ;)

It is complete rubbish now. It's basically for kids and office workers in low-paid jobs to d*ck around for the day or dress up in their best festish gear pretending it's "wacky and for the poor kids in Africa".

Yes, the original concept was brilliant and that first evening with Lenny Henry was good. I'd go as far as to say it's the best thing Lenny Henry has ever done actually. But now it seems to be on all year round with annoying "celebrities" doing something most of us would love to do (who would love to climb K2? Who would love to row the Zambezi? etc.) and we're supposed to give money because they've done it??

I'm not sure what's worse them, or the complete divs that come round pushing a cake trolly dressed as a clown wearing a nappy full of treacle just because it's "wacky"?? No, I'm not paying for you to have a w*nk in your fetish gear at work and eat your sp*nk cakes, sod off.

I just thought it was a night of TV where past it comedians bring back their past it comedy characters to see if they can score a new series. Oh, and the Africans and their "our water is dirty it gives us diahorrea. This pond water is all we have to drink," followed by a shot of dozens of dirty African children swimming (and no doubt urinating) in said pond. And nobody gets their norks out - I'd pay a lot more to see some Holly Willoughbooby bewbage.

Nah, seriously that's not me. (perhaps the last one is...) I don't mind Comic Relief actually, it's mildly entertaining compared to Children in Need which is a snoozefest. I'd rather be laughed into parting with my money than sung to by tuneless boy bands. I give to charities I support, not ones I'm forced to - but I don't mind parting with a few quid for Comic Relief.

I've had more laughs reading the last 3 posts than Lenny Henry's given me the past 25 years...........

I've seen Lenny live, he was working on new material some 15 years ago and I can honestly say I didn't laugh once. It was sh!t, even Dalek would challenge him to be funnier.

I'm going to quote my current facebook status for this one :p

I've always thought that Red Nose day was a joke "lets help all those starving kids in Africa" (lets forget the fact our country changed their reasonably content tribal life to that of a starving cog in a corrupt despotic system)....bit deep?

^ That's long for a facebook status, most people on facebook need something short and sweet, maybe change it to - 'Lenny Henry claims to help starving kids, but really he's causing them to die'

Well, it was short in comparison to the reams of debate that followed it on "Empire guilt" (I know a lot of history teachers and general swots).

Although I was thinking of one much more unsettling! "give an african kid some money and they'll come over here and claim BENEFITS!".....That's bound to enrage the right-wingers! :D:hunt::hunt::hunt::hunt::hunt::hunt::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is a good game, maybe even a future MS thread. Genuine status on my timeline, "wish people would would mind their own business and stop slagging me off. Mind your own business!" usual replies "you alright Hun? X" "what's up hun?" "you're just too good for them hun x"

When did the slags start calling each other Hun?

I've always thought that Red Nose day was a joke "lets help all those starving kids in Africa" (lets forget the fact our country changed their reasonably content tribal life to that of a starving cog in a corrupt despotic system)....bit deep?

No, just incorrect.

Miranda is about as funny as the shots of the starving african children.

Another one of those sh*te "comedians" that people think they should find funny because people tell them she is funny, like that div James Cordon.

No, just incorrect.

This is a good game, maybe even a future MS thread. Genuine status on my timeline, "wish people would would mind their own business and stop slagging me off. Mind your own business!" usual replies "you alright Hun? X" "what's up hun?" "you're just too good for them hun x"

When did the slags start calling each other Hun?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's so true. I automatically delete people who attention-seek now. For example.

Woman: "SO ****ED OFF RIGHT NOW, GRRRRR!"

Nosey Friend 1: "You ok hun?"

Nosey Friend 2: "???"

Woman: "Yeah im ok"

Woman: "I will inbox u"

Nosey Friend (1/2): "Ok hun hope ur ok xxxx"

Fat, nosey, loser friend who wants to control her friends lives: "OMG, just heard. Hope ur ok. Meet soon xxxx"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's so true. I automatically delete people who attention-seek now. For example.

Fat, nosey, loser friend who wants to control her friends lives: "OMG, just heard. Hope ur ok. Meet soon xxxx"

I think we have the same friends. The golden rule of these posts is the attention seeker is never allowed to say what is actually wrong or who have annoyed them. They must keep it general and private dispite launching it on a public forum.

This is the best thing you've ever posted!! It is so true, we've all got them and that conversation is spot on - attention seeking morons. Phone your real friends and talk to them, don't attention seek.

No, just incorrect.

Firstly, it's interesting to see you've posted it twice....trying to emphasis a point?....and how is it incorrect? Comic Relief started in what? 1988, during apartheid, a perfect example of the western world meddling in what was otherwise, a varied and mixed bunch of cultures *I say varying because there were hunter-gatherers, such as some of the Bantu, whilst some more sophiticated people like the anastazi were amazingly cultured.....then the white man, for nothing more a reason than stagnating European markets went and raped the continent for a couple of hundred years, changing their whole life style, rightly or wrongly we did, it's a FACT and none of this "No, just incorrect." nonsense can change this.

** All the while, a bunch of rich, media-grabbing comics try to boost their egos by raising pittance to reassure their middle/upper class egos that whilst their ancestors probably did a lot to damage the people of that continent, it's not on their conscience.

Edited by Hockey_saint

Lol, how dumb is Hockey? He thinks he can engage sour mash in some kind of intellectual discussion about African history. He's not that kind of poster Hockers! You've got more chance of finding a funny Lenny Henry joke.

Ok....got you; I'll give up trying (My modern history A-level project was on the scramble for Africa and I get a bit left wing on this stuff. My humblist apologies). But is it true they once pulled him out of Children in need? :suspicious:

http://uokhun.tumblr.com/