Adkins

MAY-Z

will be interesting to see the reactions here but

we have won 4 of our last 15 games which is no where near good enough. he inherited a good squad far above the level we were playing at then carried that momentum into the new season. since we that momentum has stopped we have been completely rubbish. 15 games is far to long to be considered a temporary and he needs to do something to turn this around or he would surely be in trouble soon

will be interesting to see the reactions here but

we have won 4 of our last 15 games which is no where near good enough. he inherited a good squad far above the level we were playing at then carried that momentum into the new season. since we that momentum has stopped we have been completely rubbish. 15 games is far to long to be considered a temporary and he needs to do something to turn this around or he would surely be in trouble soon

What are you implying ????

I think the criticism against him is wrong at the moment. I think he's done enough to earn everyone's trust in him, including the chairman.

If I trust anyone to get us out of this slump then its Adkins. He knows the players, he knows the squad, and the coaching staff and himself know what they have to do to get us out of this - I'm sure of it.

The problem is our start has raised the expectations beyond anything that was expected. Our squad isn't really a top 2 squad, in my opinion. We're a good championship team, but I think teams like Cardiff, Birmingham, WHU etc are now catching us up as I feel they have better all round squads for this level - which comes as no surprise seeing as they've been up here for years.

It will be an amazing achievement to finish in the top 2 with the squad we have and the teams we're up against, just a bit of reality IMO.

Adkins has performed miracles at this club since he took over not 18 months ago. No one thought we would have performed this well up to this point this season and Adkins should not be under pressure what so ever. Every team goes through a bad patch but we will come out the other side

Expectations were set impossibly high at the start of this season and we've plummeted down the form table but I fully expect everyone to pick themselves up, dust off and continue the campaign.

To panic and freak out now would be a mistake and only add to our worries.

I hate losing in the last minute. Can't remember the last time that happened. But cortese will not be too worried about the cup. Only 5 of the last 15 games were actually league defeats. Anyway, it is what happens from now that counts. We have new players settling in and hopefully that quality will see things start to gel. Can't believe anyone would seriously criticise NA at the moment

Balls, i wanted to use one of those, it says everything! Never know where to find them!!!

I've got 3 months of facepalm supplies left so should hopefully last me until the end of the season, but have started using them up at an alarming rate recently. #worried

Do any of you think the form since the end of November has been acceptable?

Nope, it's been **** quite frankly. That doesn't mean the manager needs to go at any point in the near future though.

There's a bigger picture to take into account in terms of what NA is building long term, and what he's done for us before this slump.

Said this thread was looming a couple of weeks ago and this is where our season could start to fall apart fans booing at matches will soon turn to chanting for the manager out and then we will be left where we have always been in recent years after the revolving door spins.

Gutted that our fans are so fickle.

I think the criticism against him is wrong at the moment. I think he's done enough to earn everyone's trust in him, including the chairman.

If I trust anyone to get us out of this slump then its Adkins. He knows the players, he knows the squad, and the coaching staff and himself know what they have to do to get us out of this - I'm sure of it.

The problem is our start has raised the expectations beyond anything that was expected. Our squad isn't really a top 2 squad, in my opinion. We're a good championship team, but I think teams like Cardiff, Birmingham, WHU etc are now catching us up as I feel they have better all round squads for this level - which comes as no surprise seeing as they've been up here for years.

It will be an amazing achievement to finish in the top 2 with the squad we have and the teams we're up against, just a bit of reality IMO.

Can I just pull you up on this point.

Cortese was talking about "not only being promoted...but going up as champions" way back when the weather was still warm at the end of August/early September whenever it was. Adkins has been talking about "winning the division" [his words, not mine] for a while now.

It's jolly convenient to wheel out the old "the fans have got unrealistic expectations" chestnut, but it is utter bo llocks.

The chief exec and the team manager have set their stall out to not only get promoted but win the division.

And to be clear, I don't disagree with your assessment of the squad, and of the competition potentially coming up on the rails. Just want to make the point that it is not the fans fault expectations are raised, and it is not even the fault of our good start (if that can be a fault).

The two principals in this football club are trying to win the league. That's the expectation. That's what they have to live up to.

NA has taken us from the bottom of League One to the top of the Championship in a lot less than 2 seasons. We may not agree with every decision he makes but I think some people are either writing out of anger/frustration due to our poor run the past couple of months or they are getting a bit greedy and forgetting how far we have come in such a short space of time.

Can I just pull you up on this point.

Cortese was talking about "not only being promoted...but going up as champions" way back when the weather was still warm at the end of August/early September whenever it was. Adkins has been talking about "winning the division" [his words, not mine] for a while now.

It's jolly convenient to wheel out the old "the fans have got unrealistic expectations" chestnut, but it is utter bo llocks.

The chief exec and the team manager have set their stall out to not only get promoted but win the division.

And to be clear, I don't disagree with your assessment of the squad, and of the competition potentially coming up on the rails. Just want to make the point that it is not the fans fault expectations are raised, and it is not even the fault of our good start (if that can be a fault).

The two principals in this football club are trying to win the league. That's the expectation. That's what they have to live up to.

He said the same to the Charlton chairman when we were -10 points in L1. I think he gets a little excited sometimes.

I do think that's now our target though, seeing as we've been up there for so long. Whether we've got the squad to maintain it is a totally different question.

Said this thread was looming a couple of weeks ago and this is where our season could start to fall apart fans booing at matches will soon turn to chanting for the manager out and then we will be left where we have always been in recent years after the revolving door spins.

Gutted that our fans are so fickle.

Being fickle and being a football fan are often mutually inclusive human traits

At the chairmans meal Nicola was asked how long he would give Nigel if things start to go badly... His response was simply 2013..when his contract runs out.

I get the impression Nicola hasn't got a bad word to say about Nigel at the moment and rightly so IMO. 2nd in the league is acceptable right now I'd say.... As others as mentioned I think injuries have had a big impact since November and we're getting out the other side of that now. Even stronger with the new additions..

Football chairman and manager in optimistic beginning of season statement shocker

At the chairmans meal Nicola was asked how long he would give Nigel if things start to go badly... His response was simply 2013..when his contract runs out.

I get the impression Nicola hasn't got a bad word to say about Nigel at the moment and rightly so IMO. 2nd in the league is acceptable right now I'd say.... As others as mentioned I think injuries have had a big impact since November and we're getting out the other side of that now. Even stronger with the new additions..

I hope that's the case, and I'd have hoped that what he's done for us has gained the respect and trust of everyone.

Nope, it's been **** quite frankly. That doesn't mean the manager needs to go at any point in the near future though.

There's a bigger picture to take into account in terms of what NA is building long term, and what he's done for us before this slump.

No.

Next question.

So as pointed out, Cortese and Adkins who have been going on about winning the league, going up etc should be questIoned for our, quite frankly, relegation form over the last 10 games, yes?

Exactly. He's showing every sign that he is going to lead a newly promoted team to finish no worse than 6th in the Championship. Not enough people are looking at the wider picture IMO. I'm hugely impressed with him since arriving and would have genuinely imagined every saints fan thought the same.. Until I saw some comments on this thread! In Adkins we trust.. Surely?!

As long as he continues to give credit to him in every interview I'm sure he'll be fine.

Exactly. He's showing every sign that he is going to lead a newly promoted team to finish no worse than 6th in the Championship. Not enough people are looking at the wider picture IMO. I'm hugely impressed with him since arriving and would have genuinely imagined every saints fan thought the same.. Until I saw some comments on this thread! In Adkins we trust.. Surely?!

Which would be a disappointment given the wonder chairmans vision and talk of winning the title, yes?

this!!!!!!

Not sure anyone has noticed, but we are in second efffing place, ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, but this has been a good season and we are just getting our first choice line up back! we also have Sharp, and we also battered cardiff in second half last week, jeez!!

So as pointed out, Cortese and Adkins who have been going on about winning the league, going up etc should be questIoned for our, quite frankly, relegation form over the last 10 games, yes?

I don't think this game should be taken into account regarding our league form - because it's not, it's just a single replay. Disapointing all the same because it was an oppertunity tonight.

What I've seen in the league over the last few weeks is a slow return to form, we've got a nice unbeaten run going (in the league..) and apart from the Leicester home game we have been getting better - IMO.

Saturday is a whole new kettle of fish, and I do think it's important we win that one because the longer this results slump goes on the more restless the fan base will become, and the more un-confident the players will become (and nervous tbf).

But Adkins is the man to guide us through it, I have no doubts or worries about that. This is his worst spell with us, no question, but I think he's earnt himself a bit of leeway with the fanbase - well I'd have hoped he would have.