SAINTS 0-3 West Bromwich Albion // Post-Match Reaction

Saint-Armstrong

Dont really know what to say really. West Brom were BY FAR the better side allover the pitch.

Quick look at the stats say that West Brom had 9 shots ON TARGET!! We managed 12 OFF TARGET!! We really need to get our shooting boots on. When teams do this to us we need our plan B which we just dont seem to have.

My MOM Spider for his endless running.

Welcome back to earth Saints fans. Top 6?? Long way to go.

Lost heavily to a team hovering in mediocrity, in the middle of a meaningless second half of the season who didn't even bother trying to get into the top four.

We should be ashamed of losing to a team so utterly beneath us.

We need a centre half who can cope with pace. Every time they attacked we were bricking it. We obiously need back ups for both full backs as well, Clynes ball watching is a worry at times.

Not looking forwards to next week. Is Targget ready for the bench?

They passed it much faster than us today. We need to up the tempo for ther rest of the season.

Just seen the Fox challenge again - what was he thinking. This should be an internal discipline situation as well as the standard ban. Shocking and I am embarrassed that one of our players have gone in like that.

Gaston, you also deserve a kick up the arse for elbow. Replay again does you no favors and shows that you looked for it.

Shocked. Never got going but WBA ensured we didn't get going. Nullified us brilliantly with the direct play. I've said it before and I'll say it again, how Hooiveld gets in that team is beyond me. Nowhere near good enough. Fox did OK until the sending off. Ramirez was unlucky to be fair if you analyse the situation. If the ref had stopped the play back on the halfway line when the pulling started, then he would've never had the chance to elbow him. however, i don't condone what he did and it was idiotic. Steve Davis was our best player. Lallana - utter tripe. Too many sub standard performances. We need to find a way of playing direct and into the channels to frustrate teams who know our main game plan. We need to pick ourselves up - and quickly.

It was just one of them days. Lets move on and not dwell on it.

Dont really know what to say really. West Brom were BY FAR the better side allover the pitch.

Quick look at the stats say that West Brom had 9 shots ON TARGET!! We managed 12 OFF TARGET!! We really need to get our shooting boots on. When teams do this to us we need our plan B which we just dont seem to have.

My MOM Spider for his endless running.

Welcome back to earth Saints fans. Top 6?? Long way to go.

This

Though for me it was just a bad day at the office, very bad indeed obviously

Lets not delude ourselves, we are easily safe though, I hope I never see us play like that again though.

Uncreative, passing was terrible, Lukaku battered us, Lambert who ? Mayuka looked poor again. And to top it all of two red cards. Utter utter tripe

Were they all on the pish last night ? Taken their foot of the gas ?

Not surprising we see Alps' return

Not a single Saints player can hold their heads high this evening? We never once got behind their defence who were totally comfortable for the whole match. As for the other end, dear me... it was like watching Barcelona playing a pub team at times with the ease at which they carved us open time and time again.

Who plays left back while Shaw is injured could be interesting as quite a few options.

Richardon in either lb or rb with Clyne taking other side.

Cork/Chambers/Stephens in at rb Clyne to lb.

Targett in as lb, if ready for debut.

Yosh moved across to lb?

Hopefully Cork and Yosh stay in position, Cork is wasted in defence and Yosh is NOT a left back as has been proved this season while he will hopefully stay in cb alongside somebody who isnt Hoiveld (please god!).

I'd go for Richardson or one of the young lads.

Only watched second half... have to say well played WBA. I thought they were stronger, more incisive and possessed real pace and power up front. Unfortunately our usual tactics were nullified by them and sadly we seemed to lack any real alternative with the exception of the easy high ball.

You can't win them all.

Here's an idea though... lets try and be WBA before we try and be Chelsea eh?

This

Lets not delude ourselves, we are easily safe though, I hope I never see us play like that again though.

Uncreative, passing was terrible, Lukaku battered us, Lambert who ? Mayuka looked poor again. And to top it all of two red cards. Utter utter tripe

Unbelievable complacency !

Gash and Gashton Ramirez, simply ****e, simply ****, and simply proves that we bought a player no capable of doing it for us

Regardless

Fox

Hooiveld

Fonte

Mayuka

Guly

Ramirez

Have to be sold as they simply are not up to scratch, they are not good enough if we seriously want to progress.

Not a single Saints player can hold their heads high this evening? We never once got behind their defence who were totally comfortable for the whole match. As for the other end, dear me... it was like watching Barcelona playing a pub team at times with the ease at which they carved us open time and time again.

Spider led from the middle today. I would like to see him captain. Non-stop running and always tried. Davis was worth a shout also.

Better team won so was a fair result, I thought it was a good example of how a great counter attacking team can expose the more pressing focused sides.

Their best player isn't even their's, no argument with all 3 red cards, thought Gaston was having a good game before the card and injected some pace into the ball into the final 3rd.

The speed of passing was too slow and all our chances seemed to end up with us lobbing a cross to 4 WBA players, Ricky invisible, Jay frustrated.

Plus points are that we will probably at least get to see Vegard or Targett in the LB slot for the next game and it was our 1st loss in 7 (only Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea got more points in 6 games) which I would of taken before City/Chelsea/Liverpool games

Not too disheartened and not too bad a result elsewhere.

Pros

Couldnt give a sh*t about the Europa League / Fair play thing - if we do survive this season, that would have surely killed us next season.

Fox's last game for Saints, without a doubt. Hopefully Ramirez's too.

Cons

After the way we turned our season around, disappointing that Spurs have potentially baled (pun intended) out.

This

You arrogant complacent smug bellend.

Those would be my three.

Hooiveld & Fox definitely not up to the standard and as for Ramirez, I'm not sure he fits in with What Pochettino wants from the side and I'm not fussed either way over whether he stays or not.

What is most worrying about Ramirez is that rather than improving as you would think he would if it was merely a matter of adjusting to the PL style he's gotten worse as the season has progressed.

It was a mistake to take Cork off, after he went off WBA opened us up like a tin of beans. Poch must work on defending set pieces, it scares the s**t out of me when the opponent have a corner or free kick. On the exception of Schneiderlin and Rodriquez all the other players were **** poor today.

Thought the ref had a decent game, all the red cards were deserved (Fox and Ramirez, you idiots!).