Pelle, Austin, Jay Rod or Long?

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Based on the assumptions that all 4 of our central forwards will one day be fit at the same time and we continue to play 1 up top with Mane behind him, which of these 4 would you select as our main striker?

For me, given the amount of chances we've spurned this year, I'd have to go with Austin as the most natural finisher of the four.

Mane will be sold, and on current form should be dropped.

I doubt at the moment that Jayrod will return to anything like his former standard.

I have wanted Pelle sold since the first game I saw him play and he gesticulated at his team mates for not giving him an inch perfect set up with every pass or cross.

So basically, a front 3 of Long, Austin and Tadic will do nicely. With Mane swapping for long or Tadic as required.

Long should not be dropped on current form regardless.

I doubt at the moment that Jayrod will return to anything like his former standard.

I have wanted Pelle sold since the first game I saw him play and he gesticulated at his team mates for not giving him an inch perfect set up with every pass or cross.

So basically, a front 3 of Long, Austin and Tadic will do nicely. With Mane swapping for long or Tadic as required.

Rubbish. Mane been okay last two games and has tried hard. He will come good. Long only just started playing well.

Of course you did :rolleyes:, when he scored all the goals last year i`m sure you were calling him crap

Not sure but really good to have so much choice, i believe all 4 can play useful roles at one time or another

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

We have bought Austin to be main target man, so he definitely plays if fit! Long to play alongside for me with Tadic coming off bench for firepower! Continue with Matty Targett as well to get balls swung in, Austin will thrive on service!

If you want balls into the box for Austin surely you start him with Tadic who's main strength is getting balls into the box?

Interesting to read the "Oh when the saints" blog with a QPR fans view on Charlie Austin. His thoughts were that both Pelle and Austin could easily compliment each other playing together. Good to get a different view but i dont think Koeman would go down this route.

Austin for me, but very interested to see Pelle's contribution when he gets his chance.

Interesting to read the "Oh when the saints" blog with a QPR fans view on Charlie Austin. His thoughts were that both Pelle and Austin could easily compliment each other playing together. Good to get a different view but i dont think Koeman would go down this route.

Austin for me, but very interested to see Pelle's contribution when he gets his chance.

yes and that the rangers fan saying austin doesn't hold the ball up so well

Gaston !!!

you don't give up do you ?.......but you'll have a hard job persuading Ronald Koeman to play him again.......

Mane will play a blinder tomorrow .....and probably score the winning goal....get MoM award ......and Man U will buy him in the summer.....

Pelle will be a star in Euro 2016.....and get an offer neither ....he (or we )....can't refuse from Juventus....

That leaves us with Austin and Jay Rod ....and Shane Long ....(that's if " Saint Charlie " hasn't succeeded in selling him by then).

Edited by david in sweden

you don't give up do you ?.......but you'll have a hard job persuading Ronald Koeman to play him again.......

Mane will play a blinder tomorrow .....and probably score the winning goal....get MoM award ......and Man U will buy him in the summer.....

Pelle will be a star in Euro 2016.....and get an offer neither ....he (or we )....can't refuse from Juventus....

That leaves us with Austin and Jay Rod ....and Shane Long ....(that's if " Saint Charlie " hasn't succeeded in selling him by then).

I'm working on a loan...... deal for Long at..... the MOMENT to get rid of (his wages) Davie.

Does Pelle start when fully fit?

I cant see how.

Austin will be ahead of him in the pecking order and you need Long/Mane for sheer pace

I think Mane is in danger of losing his place at the mo

Pelle is easily 4th choice IMO.

Isn't it great to have all this depth and options? So much so that the First choice striker for Italy is fourth choice at saints. With that in mind would you go as far as to say with that sort of depth the squad is better than last year Brett?

We shouldn't underestimate the effect Mane's pace has on defenders even when his confidence is low and he can't hit a barn door... Don't understand why Saints fans are so quick to rubbish him... Yes he tries to do too much on his own..... But defenders still have to worry about him...noticed yesterday that Manure put 2 defenders on him when he had the ball...

Isn't it great to have all this depth and options? So much so that the First choice striker for Italy is fourth choice at saints. With that in mind would you go as far as to say with that sort of depth the squad is better than last year Brett?

That's something I've noticed when playing 5-3-2.

Our attacking options from the bench have been far stronger.

Looking good in training isn't the same as playing out a full 95 minutes. I thought Charlie looked totally whacked in his post match interview, or was he still in shock?

and tbf.. I'm not sure he's got 90 minutes in him - yet. Bringing him on after 60 minutes at the Emiriates could be another possibility against a tiring defence?

Give Long and Mane an hour to run at Arsenal, and see if anything sticks. Mane is long overdue a goal. A good game will help his confidence.

Charlie is going to be " top man" in the future, but I wouldn't drop Long on present form. You never see opposition defences on the half way line when Shane plays.

Pelle's injury may be more complicated than we know, Ronald said the problem hadn't gone away.

Until JayRod is back in contention, it's hard to predict the best attacking pairing, but as Ronald said in interview ...."no-one wants to change a winning side "

Looking good in training isn't the same as playing out a full 95 minutes. I thought Charlie looked totally whacked in his post match interview, or was he still in shock?

and tbf.. I'm not sure he's got 90 minutes in him - yet. Bringing him on after 60 minutes at the Emiriates could be another possibility against a tiring defence?

Give Long and Mane an hour to run at Arsenal, and see if anything sticks. Mane is long overdue a goal. A good game will help his confidence.

Charlie is going to be " top man" in the future, but I wouldn't drop Long on present form. You never see opposition defences on the half way line when Shane plays.

Pelle's injury may be more complicated than we know, Ronald said the problem hadn't gone away.

Until JayRod is back in contention, it's hard to predict the best attacking pairing, but as Ronald said in interview ...."no-one wants to change a winning side "

He probably was out of breath from adrenaline. That wasn't sweat he was drenched in, it was rain.

Don't see how anyone would want to change the current strike force which is Long and Mane up front. Three games played, three games won. Why change what is clearly working. We do much better with two mobile quick strong guys given licence to roam up front. Change to one up top and we become predictable, slow in build up, one dimensional and create far fewer chances. Hard to see how RK can change things at the moment no matter what the options.