Guido Carrillo

SuperSAINT

I’m pretty sure the scouting setup is a little bit more involved than looking at the players goals per game ratio on Wikipedia.

The same scouting set up that has left us with the prolific Shane Long as our lone striker....

I’m pretty sure the scouting setup is a little bit more involved than looking at the players goals per game ratio on Wikipedia.

Perhaps the black box is a little over technical...perhaps it finds "technically" good players.

Perhaps we need to go a bit back to basics and buy someone who just scores (like we did with Austin- I don't reckon he was a black box find!)

Maybe the black box runs of Expected goals...it's all the rage but ignores the fact that actually it's the real goals which win you matches...

Look at Andy Caroll the other night..did absolutely nothing all game...except put the ball in the net twice and won the game for West Ham...at present a goal scorer is more important than some one technically gifted.

Carrillo scored a hattrick yesterday so any move surely made tougher. Shame as we badly need a frontman with physical presence.

The goal stats quoted by many are misleading. He has now scored 8 in his 7 games where he has played more than 15mins, so is in good form. Probably too good for them to let him go and possibly for him to be interested now.

Clearly though, with links to Carrillo, Benteke and Carroll that we are looking for a particular type of player.

Its a crucial signing so hopefully we get what we want and not a cheapo option that becomes a sub.

Carrillo scored a hattrick yesterday so any move surely made tougher. Shame as we badly need a frontman with physical presence.

The goal stats quoted by many are misleading. He has now scored 8 in his 7 games where he has played more than 15mins, so is in good form. Probably too good for them to let him go and possibly for him to be interested now.

Clearly though, with links to Carrillo, Benteke and Carroll that we are looking for a particular type of player.

Its a crucial signing so hopefully we get what we want and not a cheapo option that becomes a sub.

Against a fourth division French team in the cup...

As Dusic says, against 4th division opponents.

The fact he played yesterday says to me a move isn’t close

I'm sure we are relaxed about the situation.

I'm sure we will reinvest all of the £75m....

Over several windows.....

Probably because they won't pick up the full fee up front.

It's standard practice to pay for players over a number of seasons. For example: http://www.juventus.com/media/native/investor-relations-docs/italiano/comunicati/2017/comunicato%2008082017%20lemina%20eng.pdf

It's standard practice to pay for players over a number of seasons. For example: http://www.juventus.com/media/native/investor-relations-docs/italiano/comunicati/2017/comunicato%2008082017%20lemina%20eng.pdf

One of the big “fan appeasing” messages was would receive a large chunk upfront. Perhaps that was another lie?

A cheeky alternative might be to use some of the £200m from prior player/manager sales or some of the £250m we’ve got from the premier league/sky/gates this past 18 months? Just an idea

Imagine a count that judged it on one game.

Carroll isn't some donkey who scores 20 a season. He's a donkey who scores a handful, gets injured and plays badly most the time.

Gabbiadini is a technically good footballer who'll score goals if you actually attack and give him the ball.

Just amazed how quickly fans get bored of 17mn strikers and just want new ones every window.

WTF you on about? I thought everyone, including the club, agreed we need a frontman?

Obviously not then.

Don't ever make the squad better eh?

Fair enough.

FWIW, providing we bring in the two attackers we need in this window, I'd be fairly happy to save a chunk for the summer when the prices are less inflated.

I think my original sarcasm on post #114 was mainly aimed at the subtle shifting in how our media spun articles have slowly started to change.

Agree about needing 2 attackers - It's an over simplification from me, but we basically need a "Pelle" & "Mane".

I think my original sarcasm on post #114 was mainly aimed at the subtle shifting in how our media spun articles have slowly started to change.

Agree about needing 2 attackers - It's an over simplification from me, but we basically need a "Pelle" & "Mane".

I agree, we basically need a Pele and a Mane, the irony is that when we had them people on this forum mocked and ridiculed them and were happy to see them go.

That's no the way I remember it. Pelle was regularly getting slated for his immobility and lack of pace.

Maybe a small but noisy minority? Batman for example was posting frequently about his dislike.

Think the majority of fans were largely content during the Koeman era.

Worry for me was always the momentum curve and my caution to resist getting over excited has proved wise.

Yeah, Pelle got battered on here & in the stands.

I remember being so happy for him when he got that mega late goal in the cup. Was it against Millwall?

He was SO happy!

Yeah his first goal was against Millwall, he did everything in the game bar score until the final 10 mins. Then he went on and got another at WHU and that was that.

Yeah his first goal was against Millwall, he did everything in the game bar score until the final 10 mins. Then he went on and got another at WHU and that was that.

I seem to recall a lot on here slagging Pelle big time when he went months without scoring during both seasons with us!

Pelle was booed on his first home game for us, which is still shamefull to this day. Our fans can be right dicks.

I really don't remember that. If you're talking about that 0-0 West Brom game, I seem to recall there were boos at the final whistle but nothing aimed at him personally.

I really don't remember that. If you're talking about that 0-0 West Brom game, I seem to recall there were boos at the final whistle but nothing aimed at him personally.

Yeah, there were unfortunatley a lot of jeers directed directly towards him whenever he touched the ball - where i was in the kingsland anyway.

Reported that it would be £70m up front, with £5m add-ons. 10% (£7m) to Celtic.

Or Redmond as our defence destroying Mané replacement...
I get the sarcasm but in the last couple of games he came on set up a gilt edged chance for Austin and Gabbi yesterday...but don't let your dislike get in the way of good judgement. With quick minded players alongside him with pace he would be a very good player. It seems to me the manager has put shackles on him. Pep cant be that poor a judge, he is also frustrated seeing how Redmond has had his progress stalled

Why haven’t we signed anyone immediately? We’ve know about VVDs departure for ages.

Others are signing. We should have had the first few transfers in the bag already surely? Les Reed.... mmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a thread up about this last week. As always there were the yes men who said I was wrong and there is plenty of time.

I also notice the smoke and mirrors how Ralph was said to have said the 75 would be put back but now it seems that has changed to over the next few years. It is comical how the PL millions are forgotten and only once we sell for a fantastic price that is used as the excuse of a budget. The fans have the wool pulled over their eyes all the time

I put a thread up about this last week. As always there were the yes men who said I was wrong and there is plenty of time.

I also notice the smoke and mirrors how Ralph was said to have said the 75 would be put back but now it seems that has changed to over the next few years. It is comical how the PL millions are forgotten and only once we sell for a fantastic price that is used as the excuse of a budget. The fans have the wool pulled over their eyes all the time

So where do you think the money from previous sales has gone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a 6ft 4inch fast centre forward who would cost nothing on bloody loan at birmingham knocking in goals .......someone tell les ffs
behave, he hardly had a game until recently and been on the bench. If you saw his goals they were scuffed most of the time. IMO he os not ready yet. The club would love to have the heat taken off them by the fans calling for Gallagher, it is Jay of last season part 2. We as fans lost out as the club was able to take the cheap option of keeping JRod instead of buying, all on the back of a fluky goal against Sunderland

Really? He had to work really hard and score a lot of goals before the fans took to him. He was unfortunate in that he was Rickie's replacement, and we were all ****ed off as that was the summer that our promotion winning team got dismantled.

Really? He had to work really hard and score a lot of goals before the fans took to him. He was unfortunate in that he was Rickie's replacement, and we were all ****ed off as that was the summer that our promotion winning team got dismantled.

Would anyone be happy with Pelle back on loan?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Guido Carrillo