Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 851 to 900 of 972

Thread: Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

  1. #851

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    It has the potential to be “a bad thing,” especially if there was not strategic reasons for it other to help Trump win the next election and curry favour pre impeachment. All I heard from our security minister after the event was the word “deescalate.” If you don’t escalate you don’t have to deescalate. Trump also managed to unify the region against America/The West. Job well done? Ok, he has removed one bad man, you really dont think they have plenty more replacements? Meanwhile sad young men are plotting their revenge in bedsits in this country and sharping their knives.
    Here's a United Iran. Also note "Solemani wasn't a US ally in the fight against ISIS."

  2. #852

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,141

    Default

    It seems that I have joined Twitter by mistake.

  3. #853

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    It seems that I have joined Twitter by mistake.
    Are you suggesting that the sources are less valid because they happen to post on twitter? Or are you just trying to deflect from the contents of what I've posted because they largely refute your uninformed narrative?

  4. #854

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,141

    Default

    No, I am saying if I wanted to engage on Twitter I would log in to Twitter. As it is I have chosen to be on Saints Web, not Twitter.

  5. #855

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,141

    Default

    I should have added that if I was on Twitter I expect that I could find plenty of tweets arguing against western intervention in the Middle East.

  6. #856

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Iran shot down a passenger jet. By accident!

    I’m sure the outrage from Corbyn/Labour will be harsh on them.... any time now!
    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    The left response is to blame trump apparently! Bad man making Iran nervous...
    I expect Corbyn will condemn the Iran regime any moment now....

    https://apnews.com/1b5f51dc8712b6fcd...ign=SocialFlow

  7. #857

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I expect Corbyn will condemn the Iran regime any moment now....

    https://apnews.com/1b5f51dc8712b6fcd...ign=SocialFlow
    The actions of the Iranian regime are appalling, but it doesn't alter the fact that the Iranians would have not needed to react to the American action if they had not taken that action. The murdering of Solemani and the rest of the convoy is no different than, say the USA, killing Dominic Raab or another senior British political or military leader as he was driven away from, say an airport on foreign soil. No difference whatsoever. It was an outrageous act that has been followed by outrageous acts. Both sides are guilty.

    In terms of shooting protesters with live ammunition, if you condemn what the Iranians are doing, take a look at what Israel do in Gaza and the West Bank on a daily basis with their American supplied weapons and ammunition.

  8. #858

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    In terms of shooting protesters with live ammunition, if you condemn what the Iranians are doing, take a look at what Israel do in Gaza and the West Bank on a daily basis with their American supplied weapons and ammunition.
    You are not allowed to criticise Israel, they never do anything wrong.

  9. #859

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    The actions of the Iranian regime are appalling, but it doesn't alter the fact that the Iranians would have not needed to react to the American action if they had not taken that action. The murdering of Solemani and the rest of the convoy is no different than, say the USA, killing Dominic Raab or another senior British political or military leader as he was driven away from, say an airport on foreign soil. No difference whatsoever. It was an outrageous act that has been followed by outrageous acts. Both sides are guilty.

    In terms of shooting protesters with live ammunition, if you condemn what the Iranians are doing, take a look at what Israel do in Gaza and the West Bank on a daily basis with their American supplied weapons and ammunition.
    Are you serious? The individual responsible for one of the largest mass killings of Muslims is not in any way comparable to Dominic Raab and yes I will keep quoting informed twitter sources because they are relevant to the conversation:
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 13-01-2020 at 08:01 AM.

  10. #860

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Are you serious? The individual responsible for one of the largest mass killings of Muslims is not in any way comparable to Dominic Raab.
    Yes, I'm serious. You know I'm not comparing Raab to Solemani as a character. Focus on the principle if you can.

    This was the killing of a senior figure of a sovereign regime on foreign soil.

    The USA are not the worldwide police force. Should the Americans also take out the murderous leaders of Saudi Arabia and Israel, or does their conduct not matter as they support the USA economy? If they're off target, explain why there can legitimately be one rule for Iran and another rule for American allies.

  11. #861

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Soggy has made a point re your twitter screen shots. They're irritating and pointless - all you're doing is posting someone else's opinions from social media. There are all sorts of differing opinions/propaganda in the media/social, and referring to someone else's personal opinion doesn't make your opinion the correct one.

  12. #862

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    You are not allowed to criticise Israel, they never do anything wrong.
    Therein lies the problem. Criticise Israel and you are labelled an anti-Semite.

  13. #863

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Yes, I'm serious. You know I'm not comparing Raab to Solemani as a character. Focus on the principle if you can.

    This was the killing of a senior figure of a sovereign regime on foreign soil.

    The USA are not the worldwide police force. Should the Americans also take out the murderous leaders of Saudi Arabia and Israel, or does their conduct not matter as they support the USA economy? If they're off target, explain why there can legitimately be one rule for Iran and another rule for American allies.
    "Trump's inaction after numerous Iranian attacks throughout 2019- against regional oil tankers, a US drone, Saudi Aramco and the US embassy in Iraq- led Khamenei to believe understandably that trump was all bluster. Khamenei's open taunting of trump was a miscalculation."

    The assassination of a terrorist was legally justified on this basis alone, regardless if they are working for the Iranian regime or not. The weird moral equivalence that some in the West give to the likes of Iran is just bizarre.

  14. #864

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Soggy has made a point re your twitter screen shots. They're irritating and pointless - all you're doing is posting someone else's opinions from social media. There are all sorts of differing opinions/propaganda in the media/social, and referring to someone else's personal opinion doesn't make your opinion the correct one.
    No I'm making reference to expert opinion from people who actually know what they are talking about. I'd rather publicise the views of knowledgeable people on the subject lest you think I'm just making it all up from a place of ignorance. Just because these people post on twitter doesn't make them any less legitimate. You're just annoyed because it flies in the face of your progressive anti-western narrative.

  15. #865

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,954
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Maajid Nawaz is a clown. His discussion of the Iran nuclear deal the other day on LBC -i.e. his unqualified claim that it was falling apart and being completely ignored before Trump understandably withdrew from it, in effect ripping it up- was embarrassingly ignorant. He seems guilty of many of the same things for which he attacks ‘leftists’. He has a strange obsession with the left which leads him to take equally binary, blinkered, confrontational and naive positions (in the same way parts of the left have got a strange obsession with the West). Not the sharpest tool in the box. But hey he’s got a colourful past which is good for marketing purposes.
    Last edited by shurlock; 13-01-2020 at 08:51 AM.

  16. #866

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Therein lies the problem. Criticise Israel and you are labelled an anti-Semite.
    But the Palestinians are Semites as well.

  17. #867

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    "Trump's inaction after numerous Iranian attacks throughout 2019- against regional oil tankers, a US drone, Saudi Aramco and the US embassy in Iraq- led Khamenei to believe understandably that trump was all bluster. Khamenei's open taunting of trump was a miscalculation."

    The assassination of a terrorist was legally justified on this basis alone, regardless if they are working for the Iranian regime or not. The weird moral equivalence that some in the West give to the likes of Iran is just bizarre.
    There's no debating this matter with you. You're convinced that Solemani was a terrorist and swallow whole everything you read to justify his murder. In doing so you fail to recognise the irony of your support for Trump killing a senior figure on foreign land for political gain, and the actions of the American supported Israeli and Saudi regimes and its treatment of Palestinians, Yemenis, and its own people.

  18. #868

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    There's no debating this matter with you. You're convinced that Solemani was a terrorist and swallow whole everything you read to justify his murder. In doing so you fail to recognise the irony of your support for Trump killing a senior figure on foreign land for political gain, and the actions of the American supported Israeli and Saudi regimes and its treatment of Palestinians, Yemenis, and its own people.
    That's because he was a terrorist. Quite clearly. Your only argument that he wasn't seems to be that he was part of the Theocratic Iranian regime.

    By the same token there's no debating this matter with you. You're convinced thaat Soleimani was not a terrorist and swallow whole everything you read to villify his killing.

    There you go again, making a ludicrous false equivalence between how the USA and Iran treats it's own people. Has the US government been literally gunning down protestors in the streets? Your hate for Trump and Western actions generally makes you sound deranged. There is literally no equivalence between how America treats its citizens and Assad who the Iranians have propped up or the Iranian people. You can think Trump is a complete buffoon but that doesn't mean you should swallow the horsesh*t.
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 13-01-2020 at 09:25 AM.

  19. #869

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    That's because he was a terrorist. Quite clearly. Your only argument that he wasn't seems to be that he was part of the Iranian regime.

    By the same token there's no debating this matter with you. You're convinced thaat Soleimani was not a terrorist and swallow whole everything you read to villify his killing.

    There you go again, making a ludicrous false equivalence between how the USA and Iran treats it's own people. Has the US government been literally gunning down protestors in the streets? Your hate for Trump and Western actions generally makes you sound deranged. There is literally no equivalence between how America treats its citizens and Assad who the Iranians have propped up or the Iranian people. You can think Trump is a complete buffoon but that doesn't mean you should swallow the horsesh*t.
    Your responses are narrow minded and selective. I don't accept that Solemani was a terrorist - he was a senior figure in a sovereign regime. Sure, he did things as part of his role in that regime which were deplorable, but that doesn't make him a terrorist. If he was, its not for Trump to meddle in other countries affairs.

    I refer to Trump, and the leaders of Israel and Saudi Arabia, as they are also senior figures of a sovereign regime. Like Solemani they have all done deplorable things to innocent people (gunning down protesters, air raids, taking out convoys, the list goes on). Your blinkered stance means that you can't / won't recognise that which says more about you than about me.

  20. #870

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    That's because he was a terrorist. Quite clearly. Your only argument that he wasn't seems to be that he was part of the Theocratic Iranian regime.

    By the same token there's no debating this matter with you. You're convinced thaat Soleimani was not a terrorist and swallow whole everything you read to villify his killing.

    There you go again, making a ludicrous false equivalence between how the USA and Iran treats it's own people. Has the US government been literally gunning down protestors in the streets? Your hate for Trump and Western actions generally makes you sound deranged. There is literally no equivalence between how America treats its citizens and Assad who the Iranians have propped up or the Iranian people. You can think Trump is a complete buffoon but that doesn't mean you should swallow the horsesh*t.
    The US authorities have been literally gunning down black people for nothing for years.

    Look, it's a dangerous precedent where a country can call someone a terrorist and take them out on foreign soil. The US entered Iraq illegally. They decided to force a regime change without lawful justification. It was those actions which have contributed significantly to the rise of Shia power plays from Iran and created ISIS, amongst other things. Meanwhile they continue to play happy families with regimes which fit the definition of "terrorist" which you seem to love so much and find so persuasive as a moral justification. So when you want to appeal to a moral justification in dealing with "terrorists", the moral force is somewhat questionable when, in fact, the real motive is political expediency.

    This was a pointless assassination designed to give Trump fans a boner. I guess, on that basis, it worked.

  21. #871

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    The US authorities have been literally gunning down black people for nothing for years.

    That's a silly comparison and I think you know that if you're honest. There is not a moral equivalence between how either country treats their citizens. It's like pretending the North Korean public have the same rights as US citizens. Now obviously there are deep social problems in the US but come on you know that comparison isn't worthy of serious consideration.


    Look, it's a dangerous precedent where a country can call someone a terrorist and take them out on foreign soil.

    Agreed but it's not America calling him a terrorist, it's the families of thousands of people who he is responsible for killing for political purposes. Just because he does it whilst being part of the Iranian regime doesn't legitimise the terror or somehow make it OK.


    The US entered Iraq illegally. They decided to force a regime change without lawful justification. It was those Actions which have contributed significantly to the rise of Shia power plays from Iran and created ISIS, amongst other things.

    I agree America are culpable in a lot of ways but that still doesn't make Soleimani killing and maiming thousands suddenly OK.


    Meanwhile they continue to play happy families with regimes which fit the definition of "terrorist" which you seek to love so much.

    Odd comment. I haven't expressed any particular love for Saudi Arabia for example. It's a complex situation.


    So when you want to appeal to a moral justification in dealing with "terrorists", the moral force is somewhat questionable when, in fact, the real motive is political expediency.

    Possibly but I don't really care what the motive was for the attack, my point is you only have too look at this man's crimes to see that it is entirely justifiable. You can have a debate about American actions causing escalations, about how culpable Israel and the Saudis are and any number of things but the fact remains that Soleimani was a terrorist, his killing is entirely justified under international law and many are rightly celebrating his death with the expectation that it will slow or even prevent future mass murders.

    This was a pointless assassination designed to give Trump fans a boner. I guess, on that basis, it worked.
    ​I don't think it was pointless at all. His reasoning may have been dodgy, we can't know for sure, but it certainly wasn't pointless.
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 13-01-2020 at 09:56 AM.

  22. #872

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Your responses are narrow minded and selective. I don't accept that Solemani was a terrorist - he was a senior figure in a sovereign regime. Sure, he did things as part of his role in that regime which were deplorable, but that doesn't make him a terrorist. If he was, its not for Trump to meddle in other countries affairs.

    I refer to Trump, and the leaders of Israel and Saudi Arabia, as they are also senior figures of a sovereign regime. Like Solemani they have all done deplorable things to innocent people (gunning down protesters, air raids, taking out convoys, the list goes on). Your blinkered stance means that you can't / won't recognise that which says more about you than about me.

    If you are a senior figure in a sovereign regime as you put it, are you incapable of being a terrorist in your view? Serious question. Also, what would have been a warranted response in your mind to attacks on the US embassy, attacks on oil tankers and attacks on drone strikes?
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 13-01-2020 at 10:15 AM.

  23. #873

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    The US authorities have been literally gunning down black people for nothing for years.

    Look, it's a dangerous precedent where a country can call someone a terrorist and take them out on foreign soil. The US entered Iraq illegally. They decided to force a regime change without lawful justification. It was those actions which have contributed significantly to the rise of Shia power plays from Iran and created ISIS, amongst other things. Meanwhile they continue to play happy families with regimes which fit the definition of "terrorist" which you seem to love so much and find so persuasive as a moral justification. So when you want to appeal to a moral justification in dealing with "terrorists", the moral force is somewhat questionable when, in fact, the real motive is political expediency.

    This was a pointless assassination designed to give Trump fans a boner. I guess, on that basis, it worked.
    Wise and true words.

  24. #874

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    The US authorities have been literally gunning down black people for nothing for years.

    Look, it's a dangerous precedent where a country can call someone a terrorist and take them out on foreign soil. The US entered Iraq illegally. They decided to force a regime change without lawful justification. It was those actions which have contributed significantly to the rise of Shia power plays from Iran and created ISIS, amongst other things. Meanwhile they continue to play happy families with regimes which fit the definition of "terrorist" which you seem to love so much and find so persuasive as a moral justification. So when you want to appeal to a moral justification in dealing with "terrorists", the moral force is somewhat questionable when, in fact, the real motive is political expediency.

    This was a pointless assassination designed to give Trump fans a boner. I guess, on that basis, it worked.
    Nail on head.

  25. #875

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    No I'm making reference to expert opinion from people who actually know what they are talking about. I'd rather publicise the views of knowledgeable people on the subject lest you think I'm just making it all up from a place of ignorance. Just because these people post on twitter doesn't make them any less legitimate. You're just annoyed because it flies in the face of your progressive anti-western narrative.
    But you knock “woke celebrities” for using their platform to spread their agenda. The only difference is that you criticise those you disagree with in any way you can to discredit them. You are no different to a “woke celebrity.” You have an agenda. You have an audience. You take the opportunity to spread your agenda to your audience. Other can choose to ignore you, agree with you or disagree with you, as we can with “woke celebrities” or people you cherry pick from Twitter.

  26. #876

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    But you knock “woke celebrities” for using their platform to spread their agenda. The only difference is that you criticise those you disagree with in any way you can to discredit them. You are no different to a “woke celebrity.” You have an agenda. You have an audience. You take the opportunity to spread your agenda to your audience. Other can choose to ignore you, agree with you or disagree with you, as we can with “woke celebrities” or people you cherry pick from Twitter.
    B*llocks.

  27. #877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Maajid Nawaz is a clown. His discussion of the Iran nuclear deal the other day on LBC -i.e. his unqualified claim that it was falling apart and being completely ignored before Trump understandably withdrew from it, in effect ripping it up- was embarrassingly ignorant. He seems guilty of many of the same things for which he attacks ‘leftists’. He has a strange obsession with the left which leads him to take equally binary, blinkered, confrontational and naive positions (in the same way parts of the left have got a strange obsession with the West). Not the sharpest tool in the box. But hey he’s got a colourful past which is good for marketing purposes.
    Does he post as "Hypochondriac?"

  28. #878

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,159

    Default

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1a4_story.html

    Any semblance of a fair trial and Trump would be looking at porridge.

    And what does, "she's going to go through some things", mean? Sounds quite sinister.

  29. #879

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,159

  30. #880

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,159

    Default

    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...992248322?s=09


    #mess

    If the impeachment doesn't get him, the Alzheimer's will.

  31. #881

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,141

    Default

    Trial. No witnesses. How does that work?

  32. #882

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Trial. No witnesses. How does that work?
    Was always going to be so with the Republicans running the Upper House.

  33. #883

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    DT congratulated the " great state of Kansas" on the result of the Superbowl, although Kansas City is in the neighbouring state of Missouri.

  34. #884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    DT congratulated the " great state of Kansas" on the result of the Superbowl, although Kansas City is in the neighbouring state of Missouri.
    Saw a lot made of this but only a fcked up franchise competition would have a team called Kansas City not from there. One his more forgivable fck ups

  35. #885

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,954
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Saw a lot made of this but only a fcked up franchise competition would have a team called Kansas City not from there. One his more forgivable fck ups
    There is an actual Kansas City in Missouri. Nowt to do with the NFL. Just a historical quirk that a city in one state has the name of another (neighbouring) state. To confuse things further, the state of Kansas also has a Kansas City, though its Kansas City is significantly smaller than Missouri’s Kansas City.
    Last edited by shurlock; 04-02-2020 at 06:07 PM.

  36. #886

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    There is an actual Kansas City in Missouri. Nowt to do with the NFL. Just a historical quirk that a city in one state has the name of another (neighbouring) state. To confuse things further, the state of Kansas also has a Kansas City, though its Kansas City is significantly smaller than Missouri’s Kansas City.
    The 2 KCs are part of a single metropolitan area. The Missouri part incorporates the historical original areas of the city.
    Last edited by badgerx16; 04-02-2020 at 06:14 PM.

  37. #887

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,954
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    The 2 KCs are part of a single metropolitan area.
    Yes. Was planning to go to Arrowhead last year.

  38. #888

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    One his more forgivable fck ups
    I like to think that a lot of his 'foot in mouth' statements are done on purpose (although he really is that dence)...for attention (and deflection of more important topics), especially something as buffoonish as this. Akin to Boris Johnson fluffing his hair up before an interview and acting like a plum as a smokescreen.

  39. #889

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,954
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LVSaint View Post
    I like to think that a lot of his 'foot in mouth' statements are done on purpose (although he really is that dence)...for attention (and deflection of more important topics), especially something as buffoonish as this. Akin to Boris Johnson fluffing his hair up before an interview and acting like a plum as a smokescreen.
    Trump takes himself too seriously to do it on purpose.

  40. #890

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Searching for the voice of reason
    Posts
    3,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    His comments and actions are only going to get worse when he’s elected for his second term. First impeached President to be re-elected.

  41. #891

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,892

    Default

    I am no fan of Trump, but to try to score points off this one is a bit weak. It's hardly a shocking mistake. I think Obama could have made a similar mistake. In fact, didn't Obama once claim to have been to 57 states in the USA? People made far less fuss about that. Focus on the important stuff.

  42. #892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    There is an actual Kansas City in Missouri. Nowt to do with the NFL. Just a historical quirk that a city in one state has the name of another (neighbouring) state. To confuse things further, the state of Kansas also has a Kansas City, though its Kansas City is significantly smaller than Missouri’s Kansas City.
    And to make matters even more confusing Missouri has the Chiefs (NFL) and Kansas has Sporting KC (MLS)

  43. #893

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,107
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    One his more forgivable fck ups
    Vote Trump, his f*ck ups can be easily graded.

  44. #894

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,159

    Default

    The guy will be ****ing his pants and dribbling by the end of his next term, if he wins. He can't currently walk any distance unaided or eat in public, or finish a speech without spasming.

    We are seeing quite an ugly dynastic attempt at power grabbing going on from his family and enablers .

  45. #895

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,141

    Default

    So much for the American justice system where political expediency means more. The land of the free and the untouchable. The Republicans should be ashamed of themselves but they won’t give a stuff. Nasty party supporting a nastier president.

  46. #896

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    The guy will be ****ing his pants and dribbling by the end of his next term, if he wins. He can't currently walk any distance unaided or eat in public, or finish a speech without spasming.

    We are seeing quite an ugly dynastic attempt at power grabbing going on from his family and enablers .
    How in your opinion will this dynastic power grab manifest itself?

  47. #897

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Super Weston Mare
    Posts
    12,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    How in your opinion will this dynastic power grab manifest itself?
    The Presidency will be handed down to the first born son, everyone knows that

  48. #898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    So much for the American justice system where political expediency means more. The land of the free and the untouchable. The Republicans should be ashamed of themselves but they won’t give a stuff. Nasty party supporting a nastier president.

  49. #899

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,087
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    The Presidency will be handed down to the first born son, everyone knows that
    The Democratic party really should be concentrating on simply beating Trump at the ballot box. The fact that virtually every democratic candidate are deeply flawed and electorally unappealing isn't the fault of the Republican party. Just like the Corbynites, if they lose to trump again they will largely have themselves to blame.

  50. #900

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Virginia/Ohio USA
    Posts
    284

    Default

    I always thought this was a stupid idea that was never going to get the Republicans onboard, all its done has emboldened him. They should just have concentrated on beating him in the election. The worse thing about all this is that later on some even less savory character will exploit the same system for even worse outcomes. Because the much vaunted checks and balances system can be hijacked by a single election making sure the number of people elected per party does not reflect voting percentages by carefully drawing the lines, understanding that there is an advantage to representing sparsely populated areas to control the senate and stuffing a court with friendly faces.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •